2023 Raul "Popo" Aguirre 2023 4* LB COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just ten minutes from home

Is it just me or does it seem like it's always Miami that kids have to "see how we perform this year"? Like I feel I never hear that about other schools, even trash teams. Maybe it's just the Miami glasses I have on and I just don't notice it being said about other teams, but just seems weird to me how often I hear it about Miami.

Is it just me or does it seem like it's always Miami that kids have to "see how we perform this year"? Like I feel I never hear that about other schools, even trash teams. Maybe it's just the Miami glasses I have on and I just don't notice it being said about other teams, but just seems weird to me how often I hear it about Miami.
Previously, before Mario, When kids said this about miami it’s a full gone conclusion they’re going elsewhere. Hopefully that changes

I think its definitely Miami glasses you have on. You do hear it about Miami because what other school has sucked so bad for so long and still gets pumped up through the media as being back the second we start a season 4-0? Miami has been back now, how many times and every time we face plant. Reality is that kids from all over want to come here and love the brand but the brand and what it represents is more of a distant memory rather than a reality. Mario is changing that and this time it looks real, feels real but man... I dont blame them for the wait and see approach.

Advertisement

By "trash teams", have any of the ones you're thinking about joined a bad football conference 15 years ago and won its division once and its conference 0 times?

Makes me wanna puke as I type it, but we're a trash team. Facts are facts. The good news is, we've been trash for a generation largely directly due to our inability and unwillingness to spend the money it takes to not be a trash team. But that's changed in the last 5 months. Significantly. So hopefully the fact that we've been trash since these kids we're recruiting have been born changes significantly as well. But you can't hate on any kid for wanting to see how Miami performs. It's been an overwhelming disappointment for a long, long time.

In fairness, if the kid is 17, he's never seen Miami win a crystal football.

On the other hand, very few other schools have done so either.

I hope he can see through the bullcrap and realize/appreciate Mario's vision and execution.

Advertisement
He's 17. He may have just been nervous being interviewed. I wouldn't put too much stock in his specific word choice.

I ain't mad at the kid, I just thought it was funny. At least he's not throwing down the U on his visits to other schools...

Advertisement
I think its definitely Miami glasses you have on. You do hear it about Miami because what other school has sucked so bad for so long and still gets pumped up through the media as being back the second we start a season 4-0? Miami has been back now, how many times and every time we face plant. Reality is that kids from all over want to come here and love the brand but the brand and what it represents is more of a distant memory rather than a reality. Mario is changing that and this time it looks real, feels real but man... I dont blame them for the wait and see approach.
While I agree, kids from Cali and Texas still go to USC, Texas, and Texas A&M. Those schools have been in the dumps just like we have yet will still pull a top 10ish class.

While I agree, kids from Cali and Texas still go to USC, Texas, and Texas A&M. Those schools have been in the dumps just like we have yet will still pull a top 10ish class.
Brah... How are we not in that same boat? Manny fvckin Diaz signed the #11 class back in 21 a full year after we lost to FIU. We always sign top talent. Not at elite levels but way above where we should be recruiting. We have 1, thats right, 1 10 win season since in over 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back