2023 Raul "Popo" Aguirre 2023 4* LB COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Interesting nuggets during the interview. Says the entire coaching staff including all the offensive coaches (Gaddis AND Ponce) are after him and contacting him regularly. Must be a huge priority for Mario if he's throwing the entire recruiting kitchen sink at the kid.

Junior Highlights

Said during the interview one of his greatest strengths is coverage and playing in space. Clear as day on his Junior tape. When he hits you, you know it.

This is how Mario operates. Entire staff works together in recruiting. Huge priority is for everybody, not just a position coach or direct recruiter

what happened to the LB prospect that use to play for Macho? thought he was in our top3'ish
Recruit them all, this stuff always works itself out. We always worry about what if we don't have room and when we whiff on a couple we're in trouble. I'd much rather worry about fitting in four or five 4* LBs that want in rather than panicking (ala Dias) and fill in with Plan C guys after the 2-3 Plan A guys decide to go elsewhere.

That being said, @1murhurricane says we're in a good spot with Jayvant

Advertisement
This is how Mario operates. Entire staff works together in recruiting. Huge priority is for everybody, not just a position coach or direct recruiter
I've seen a couple of kids interviewed and they all talked about how Mario and their position coaches contact them daily. Popo was the first one that mention the entire staff is hitting him up regularly.

Aguirre is a stud that I think will be in our class. The Texas LB that guy is talking about in that video at the very end is Derion Gullette. That kid is also a stud. If you have noticed, most the LB"s we are after are around 6'2" 220 in HS, just happens to be this kids measurements. Brent Venables and Marcus Freeman are personally recruiting Gullette. We need to get on him. We are not recruiting 190 lbs LB's anymore.

Aguirre is a stud that I think will be in our class. The Texas LB that guy is talking about in that video at the very end is Derion Gullette. That kid is also a stud. If you have noticed, most the LB"s we are after are around 6'2" 220 in HS, just happens to be this kids measurements. Brent Venables and Marcus Freeman are personally recruiting Gullette. We need to get on him. We are not recruiting 190 lbs LB's anymore.
The height is more important being 6'2 plus. If you are 6'3 190, you have the frame to fill out. If you are 5'11 not so much

Advertisement
He says in the interview that Manny was not recruiting him? WTF?
You don’t have to have coached this young man’s dad to recognize his talent. I just don’t understand this.
Dias didn't recruit and Mario makes him a huge priority. Nothing sums up the difference in recruiting styles between these two better than this.

Wait, actually, Dias inviting Hicks to Paradise and then never following up versus Mario putting on a full court press for Hicks probably crystalizes it better, but this is a close second.

Last edited:
Recruit them all, this stuff always works itself out. We always worry about what if we don't have room and when we whiff on a couple we're in trouble. I'd much rather worry about fitting in four or five 4* LBs that want in rather than panicking (ala Dias) and fill in with Plan C guys after the 2-3 Plan A guys decide to go elsewhere.

That being said, @1murhurricane says we're in a good spot with Jayvant

We are in a much better spot with Jayvant. Macho can speak to it but dad is feeling the new staff much more than the prior staff which isn't saying much.

I played at Columbus with his pops. One of the most talented athletes I’ve been around. That Cuba Gooding looking mfr never played football in his life and as a freshman on JV in his first game ever he goes crazy and scores 4 TDs. He ended up quitting football the same year. Didn’t like it…

Was also the first true freshman to start on varsity baseball at Columbus at center field. Just could never get his grades right and his home life wasn’t supportive to put it lightly. Good dude, and tremendo cubiche

Can the Columbus bro gang do it again.

I definately want this kid....would make up to me for not recruiting a dominican kid in last class and letting him go to Cincy

A blue-chip, 220-pound Cuban linebacker is a gift from the football gods. Get him and Malik Bryant and immediately upgrade the size and versatility of the position.
This is what i was thinking Anthony Hill or Bobby Boucher would be cherry on top....

But i would be 100 percent cool with landing Bobby Washington, Stanquan Clark, or Jayvant Brown locally with that group of 2

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank God on that. Every LB we were recruiting was the size of the kids UGA had playing at Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back