2023 Raul "Popo" Aguirre 2023 4* LB COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Going to be a long road to fixing the LB room. This would be a good start
Its not as bad has they had played. The first step in fixing the LB room, is fixing the DL room. We upgraded alot there. They were playing with no gap integrity. We have pretty good speed at the position, we will see how they look size wise after Feld offseason. This was not a room with no talent. We had an unsound scheme with no gap integrity with a bunch of players who either never played LB in high school, or players out with injury for extended periods like Steed. I think they become the most improved unit on the team.

Its not as bad has they had played. The first step in fixing the LB room, is fixing the DL room. We upgraded alot there. They were playing with no gap integrity. We have pretty good speed at the position, we will see how they look size wise after Feld offseason. This was not a room with no talent. We had an unsound scheme with no gap integrity with a bunch of players who either never played LB in high school, or players out with injury for extended periods like Steed. I think they become the most improved unit on the team.
You aren’t lying here but talent wise we are deficient. We have Chase Smith and Wes. K Smith is decent for ACC standards but he is the size of a safety. After that it’s scary. We also got the UCLA transfer.

Going to be a long road to fixing the LB room. This would be a good start

It is. Wesley and Chase will be welcome additions and we'll probably portal 1-2 guys next year.

DL is the bigger worry. We are a few years from getting that position right via organic development. We'll need to hit the portal hard next year again,.

Advertisement
Alabama guys thought they were getting Him and Malik Bryant as of Friday but said it wasn't a done deal. I would imagine Raul pushing up his commitment could change things. In my opinion LBs should be lining up to come here if they want to play early. If you go to Alabama or Georgia as a LB you will have to sit for at minimum 2 years before you get some playing time as a Redshirt Sophomore and that's only if you are a NFL caliber LB. Sure there are exceptions like if youre a 1st Round Caliber LB, but if you want a shot at playing early then you need to come here! Our LB room is truly wide open.

View attachment 197069
Spying Peeping Tom GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

1657555719172.png

Mack with the upvote on his 247 membership on the Bama board

You aren’t lying here but talent wise we are deficient. We have Chase Smith and Wes. K Smith is decent for ACC standards but he is the size of a safety. After that it’s scary. We also got the UCLA transfer.
Steed is an ok LB. We have good speed at the position like i said. Im not concerned about it, just like i wasnt about the WR group last year or this year. Manny Diaz scheme, listen to what coach @Coach Macho said on @LeedsCane podcast. Them man had a play call void where you just left someone open and hope the Qb doesn't get him the ball. Our problems at LB by my eyes were not talent problems compared to our competition. Yes for playoffs, but ACC standards we were fine. We had a chaotic scheme with a bunch of random actions.

Also we are gonna use our safeties alot with James, Kam and the other Williams. Plus the other guys. We good.

Better DL play fix alot of ills

Advertisement
Steed is an ok LB. We have good speed at the position like i said. Im not concerned about it, just like i wasnt about the WR group last year or this year. Manny Diaz scheme, listen to what coach @Coach Macho said on @LeedsCane podcast. Them man had a play call void where you just left someone open and hope the Qb doesn't get him the ball. Our problems at LB by my eyes were not talent problems compared to our competition. Yes for playoffs, but ACC standards we were fine. We had a chaotic scheme with a bunch of random actions.

Also we are gonna use our safeties alot with James, Kam and the other Williams. Plus the other guys. We good.

Better DL play fix alot of ills
Steed needs to get stronger to clean up his tackling. Led the team in missed tackles and wasn’t even the full time starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back