Rate this class

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
Regardless of how much or how little you know or have paid any kind of attention, Im just interested to get a grasp on how many people actually think our recruits ratings are accurate. Lets do this.

I will randomly use the rivals ratings to compare to. (R) is for rivals and (M) is for my ranking. If you want to do it a different way feel free.

Duke Johnson - (R)**** (M)*****
Deon Bush - (R)**** (M)*****
Angelo Jean-Louis - (R)**** (M)*****
Jelani Hamilton - (R)**** (M)*****
Raphael Kirby - (R)**** (M)****
Robert Lockhart - (R)**** (M)****
Tyriq Mccord - (R)**** (M)****
Jontavious Carter - (R)*** (M)****
Danny Isadora - (R)*** (M)****
Malcolm Lewis - (R)**** (M)****
Preston Dewey - (R)*** (M)****
Reggie Northrup - (R)**** (M)****
D;Mauri Jones - (R)*** (M)****

Josh Witt ***
Gadbois ***
Thompson ***
Waters ***
Briscoe ***
Hoilett ***
Gunter ***
Dortch ***
Odonnell ***
Dillard ***
Earl Moore ***

Advertisement
didnt even have flowers on there. i would put him a 4 star as well. my list would probably give us the #1 class but hey lol thats how i see it.

Advertisement
Interesting, the only thing I think I would change to match my opinion would be Duke Johnson as a 5 star, and Preston Dewey as a 4 and Josh Witt a 4. Maybe Rayshawn Jenkins a 4, but thats a maybe.

I'll do one of these after the LOI's are faxed in.

But IMO, the best two players in this class are Duke Johnson and Ereck Flowers.

I believe Witt and Flowers are a coupe flying under the radar that we got that should be higher

Same with our big receivers. Carter in particular was being looked at by Bama and Auburn. When he committed to us, he shut them down before they offered. Same story with the TE from Godby. If we had landed these kids after the offers came rolling in, they would be rated higher IMO since these ****** ******* rankings are based on offers from the fluffer schools.

I believe Witt and Flowers are a coupe flying under the radar that we got that should be higher

Same with our big receivers. Carter in particular was being looked at by Bama and Auburn. When he committed to us, he shut them down before they offered. Same story with the TE from Godby. If we had landed these kids after the offers came rolling in, they would be rated higher IMO since these ****** ******* rankings are based on offers from the fluffer schools.

There is no reason Jontavious Carter shouldnt be a 4 star. Laron Byrd was a 4 star.

Advertisement

Both players come off as SERIOUS football players, and regardless of stars, that is what this team has been lacking for almost a decade. We have had enough talen to win the ACC for many years, but not football players who play to win FIRST, bc they love the game FIRST, not because of what it can get them, or what they think they are entitled to.

Nice thread.

I think our only 5* should be Duke, and Flowers. Flowers is the only kid on our list who is NFL level talent off the eye test NOW. Cant believe he isnt rated higher.

Our 4 * should be

Bush
Lewis
Jones
Carter
McCord
Witt
Kirby
AJL

Jelani is overated IMO, he should be a 3 along with just about everyone else on our committ list.

But.....I am happy with everyone committed, there aren't any "reaches", IMO as some of the idiots on grassy used to say. Each one of our recruits has impressive film, and some of them have down right DIRTY film. Lockhart in particular was a WTF moment, that is some of the best film I have seen in years. Hard to believe his only other offer was VT.

Nice thread.

I think our only 5* should be Duke, and Flowers. Flowers is the only kid on our list who is NFL level talent off the eye test NOW. Cant believe he isnt rated higher.

Our 4 * should be

Bush
Lewis
Jones
Carter
McCord
Witt
Kirby
AJL

Jelani is overated IMO, he should be a 3 along with just about everyone else on our committ list.

But.....I am happy with everyone committed, there aren't any "reaches", IMO as some of the idiots on grassy used to say. Each one of our recruits has impressive film, and some of them have down right DIRTY film. Lockhart in particular was a WTF moment, that is some of the best film I have seen in years. Hard to believe his only other offer was VT.

he was committed to them for a long time and i dont even think he talked to any other schools. Gadbois reeled this one in.

Yeah, but fillm that good doesnt go unnoticed. I am sure it got around to the other schools. coaches like Saban don't give a **** about committments, they come after everyone they want.

Gadbois is a similar story. He committed to us last year and Georgia kept coming after him hard, he said no thanks.

Advertisement
Here's a question for the board, how would everyone rate players. It makes me puke in my mouth a little when I here ESPN quote their rankings as if they know what the **** they are talking about. I think players should be evaluated on athletic ability, football talent, measureables, level of competition played and thats IT! I cant stand that players get rated off of scholarship offers from particular schools.

i don't get scout's rankings at all. why so many 3s on our list? a lot of those guys seem A LOT better than a 3

Advertisement
i don't get scout's rankings at all. why so many 3s on our list? a lot of those guys seem A LOT better than a 3

Scout's rankings are based on a stupid principle. They're NOT based on talent/skill/etc.

They're based on relative ranking hierarchically. Which is inherently assuming then that every year the talent follows a similar distribution.

They have to have 50 five-star recruits, and 250 four-star recruits. Meaning in a deep year you might find 500 kids of a similar four-star quality, but only half will get four-star values. Likewise some years might be light on the top-end talent, but there have to be 50 five-star kids. Then again, ESPN's ratings are basically fluff pieces (everyone hovers around the 79 value) and Rivals blatantly bases their ratings off offers.

Every site has their drawbacks.

The entire idea of the star-system and rankings is FUBAR and incredibly inaccurate. But, it is, what it is.

Back over the summer I thought Flowers had a shot to be a 5 star when all was said and done. Man that kid looks like a good one.

Just an FYI, Bakas has Waters ranked ahead of Tracy Howard and Ricardo Louis in his Florida rankings.

Advertisement
Back