Rashard Causey and Tyreke Cole 247 Update

as long as recruits don't go to FSU or UF saying they want to experience something city of Miami doesn't offer, i'm fine.

Advertisement
Some people want a change of scenery. That has nothing to do with Miami's efforts in recruiting.

This will never register with some people. They'll argue Golden and staff should "make them realize" leaving is stupid. Or something.

This...

My college coach told me that he never pressured the local kids to stay home. He said that if you pressure them into staying home and they're unhappy, then it will be worse in the long run. They'll transfer out and bash you to everyone in the area. Recipe for disaster. He would just recruit them as hard as possible without any pressure, and let the chips fall where they may. Alot of times guys would leave, and within a year transfer back...and he would take them in with open arms. I think that should be something that we look into more.

Some people want a change of scenery. That has nothing to do with Miami's efforts in recruiting.

This will never register with some people. They'll argue Golden and staff should "make them realize" leaving is stupid. Or something.

This...

My college coach told me that he never pressured the local kids to stay home. He said that if you pressure them into staying home and they're unhappy, then it will be worse in the long run. They'll transfer out and bash you to everyone in the area. Recipe for disaster. He would just recruit them as hard as possible without any pressure, and let the chips fall where they may. Alot of times guys would leave, and within a year transfer back...and he would take them in with open arms. I think that should be something that we look into more.

Usually when people transfer it's because they weren't good enough for the school they were at. There are exceptions, but that's the rule.

Advertisement
Coaches for other schools use this against maimi....

" you've lived in Miami your whole life, why not experience a different part of the country"

Can't blame them either.....we hear more and more kids say this

Let's be real here, the street agents/handlers are a big reason for this - when I hear those comments, it sounds like words coming striaght out of the street agents' mouths, not the kids. These genron types are constantly in the kids ears telling them "go look at this and that school - you want to get away", etc., when in reality, they are directing these kids where the money goes. If you don't think this is at play, then you're blind.

" you've lived in Miami your whole life, why not experience a different part of the country"

Let's be real here, the street agents/handlers are a big reason for this - when I hear those comments, it sounds like words coming striaght out of the street agents' mouths, not the kids. These genron types are constantly in the kids ears telling them "go look at this and that school - you want to get away", etc., when in reality, they are directing these kids where the money goes. If you don't think this is at play, then you're blind.

Vern wouldn't do that...

Advertisement

Dont say the "G" word!!!!

Advertisement
Back