Rashada is suing Napier and a Florida booster.

Advertisement
Gators before every home game this season

homeless GIF

Miami was going to pay this kid $9.5m. Yikes 😬
Like others have said. Dodged a bullet.
Not really. It's not like its our money. I love when people on a message board think they are general managers running a franchise though. John Ruiz's money is not our money. Hopefully some of you guys eventually start to understand that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
if it isnt true and UF proves it, they can file a motion to dismiss and will be getting it dismissed or either get it amended (which hes claiming thats part of his damages so hed have to revise his entire damages).
Motions to dismiss are almost never granted. When considering a MTD, allegations in a complaint (lawsuit) are taken as true along with all reasonable inferences in favor of the non moving party (Plaintiff). This isn't getting dismissed unless UF can win on a MSJ later down the line.

Rashada is also represented by Rusty Hardin. He is a good attorney and has done plenty of high profile cases, this is def not a newbie attorney trying to make a name for himself.

Good find cookie monster

Hardin was/is Roger Clemons' attorney.

Hardin wouldn't waste his time if he didn't think he couldn't cash in big time.

Advertisement
I hope he’s got proof.

That wasn’t the number I’ve seen.

The number I saw is less than $400k annually.
The number that was floated most frequently was a total of $6.5 million, then the Gator Collective (Hathcock) offered a crazy $13.8 million, signed the NIL agreement with Rashada, and the week after Rashada signed his LOI with UF, they cancelled the agreement (it reportedly HAD a cancellation clause). Forced Rashada to go to the NCAA to get a release from his LOI. No idea what he eventually got as far as NIL from Arizona ... but he literally lost millions of dollars due to UF interference and failure to comply with their contract.

Advertisement
They did. His lawyer is legit and would not put knowingly falsely put that in there without some evidence in hand.

Everyone needs to remember that this was the wild wild West beginning before the market had been set and before people realize it was better to just go after transfer quarterbacks. And it doesn’t look like the loss that some people make it out to be it basically confirms that Miami has a lot of money for NIL and now the market has been set a lot differently overall before the other national lawsuits shake out.

This is a win-win for us.
It makes sense because that was around the same amount of money that was rumored for Nico and the Vols.

Advertisement
I really messed up I’m not majoring in being a 5 star football player. Sheesh. These kids are spoiled

If your future employer gives you a fat bag in the offer letter, you sign, then tell you oh yeah we were never going to pay you what was we agreed upon this.

Would you blame yourself for being spoiled? No you wouldn’t, you’d blame the company for being shady as **** and sue their ***.

mannnnn some of the allegations in there are going to be hard for gator fans to cope or spin.... remember the "he took less money to play for the gator" narrative?

Couple of highlights from the lawsuit:

Lawsuit says Ruiz/NIL from Miami was around 9.5 million. Gator and their booster Hugh and a director of player personnel upped it to 13.85 million. Rashada only signed his NLI after Napier promised his father a payment of 1 million that day as a partial payment and he never received the cash.

UF staffer was constantly blowing up Jaden via text and they have the texts about him negotiating the NIL on behalf of Gator Guard and Hugh. Hathcock approached Rashada when he vistied and promised him whatever he needed and pops a job. It was also going to be 5.35 million from Hathcock and 500k from his business velocity automotive.

On Nov 10th, Hathcock objected to his company being involved since he was trying to sell the company, they helped work out the details and later that evening was when Rashada flipped from us.

Contract was signed and he was supposed to get a 500k downpayment and 250k per month as a freshman and that would increase soph and junior years.

On Dec 6th, Gator collective sent him a letter terminating his contract (his NIL deal said it could be terminated for cause but no cause was listed)

After Napier and the UF Staffer said they would make good on the promise (so Napier was DIRECTLY involved in the funds/$$) and that the staffer said Hugh would personally guarantee the deal. Three days later Hugh did transfer 150k to Rashada so he could pay back Ruiz and avoid a lawsuit because he already took Ruiz money.

This was the ONLY money he ever received. So Hugh just paid Ruiz essentially. By Dec 19th, Rashada had no new NIL deal and the amounts they were throwing at him were around 1/2 of the original 13.85 million offered.

Rashada did not have a signed NIL, his reps told him not to sign his national letter of intent with florida and that is when Napier called Rashada and offered the 1 million payment, Rashada then signed later that night and the cash never came.

Rashada is also represented by Rusty Hardin. He is a good attorney and has done plenty of high profile cases, this is def not a newbie attorney trying to make a name for himself. If Rashada did sign here no way he have Cam Ward and while we likely would have made good on our promise to pay can only imagine the headache his pops could have caused the program and we could be a defendant in a lawsuit.
The whole thing sounds like amateur hour

I could be way wrong but it’s always felt like there were some that were doing the recruiting for Florida with other peoples money

And when it came down to asking for the money they promised these players the donors were like “are you ******* with me?”

Advertisement
Back