Rashad Fenton update

I don't care what the other sites say. He does not have an offer. Now, could he earn one? Yes. But at this time he does not have one.

Fenton said himself Miami offered him after his junior season.

Maybe you should interview him and ask him directly.

Advertisement
Yeah, but what does "offer" really mean at that point Thread? Was it committable? Or something unofficial like, "we think you would look good in Orange and Green" or "we would like to see you part of the 2015 class".

Yeah, but what does "offer" really mean at that point Thread? Was it committable? Or something unofficial like, "we think you would look good in Orange and Green" or "we would like to see you part of the 2015 class".

What is the point of the semantics game at all really. None of it matters until they start sending out LOI's anyway right?

I don't care what the other sites say. He does not have an offer. Now, could he earn one? Yes. But at this time he does not have one.

I know what the kid said, but a lot of times there is confusion on what is an offer and what isn't. I have confirmation that he does not have an offer right now. If I interviewed him right now, he would probably think he has an offer. He does not.

What is the point of the semantics game at all really. None of it matters until they start sending out LOI's anyway right?

No insider, but I believe that once the staff commits to the head coach of the HS that a kid has an offer, they virtually NEVER pull the offer. It would ruin access to that school for years to come. And Golden's staff has to be especially careful given how previous coaches bungled relationships, and there are so many programs out their negatively recruiting against Miami right now.

Advertisement

I know what the kid said, but a lot of times there is confusion on what is an offer and what isn't. I have confirmation that he does not have an offer right now. If I interviewed him right now, he would probably think he has an offer. He does not.

Welp, now you have my attention. How do you know that he doesn't have an offer but he thinks he does?
Please,
23.gif

I dont think it even matters. He's arguably the best CB in the area and doesn't have an offer..

So that means:

A: This staff is clueless

or

B. This kid is lying.

C: The staff needs to communicate better (heard this 1 before..smh)

Exactly, it doesn't matter, because he will earn a fully committable offer at the camps.

Nash Williams Update:
http://nashsnotebook.blogspot.com/2014/06/strike-7-on-7-recap-and-top-performers.html

2015 Carol City DB Rashad Fenton: Fenton can play cornerback if his team needs him to, but at the collegiate level, Fenton will play free safety. His strengths are his rangy play, quick instincts, and great vertical. Fenton says his biggest offers include, South Carolina, UCF, and Miami. Fenton also added that he would like to commit before the season starts so he can focus on helping his team out and not be worried about the pressures of recruiting.

Advertisement
Nash Williams Update:
http://nashsnotebook.blogspot.com/2014/06/strike-7-on-7-recap-and-top-performers.html

2015 Carol City DB Rashad Fenton: Fenton can play cornerback if his team needs him to, but at the collegiate level, Fenton will play free safety. His strengths are his rangy play, quick instincts, and great vertical. Fenton says his biggest offers include, South Carolina, UCF, and Miami. Fenton also added that he would like to commit before the season starts so he can focus on helping his team out and not be worried about the pressures of recruiting.

Well ****, somebodies lying!

I dont think it even matters. He's arguably the best CB in the area and doesn't have an offer..

So that means:

A: This staff is clueless

or

B. This kid is lying.

C: The staff needs to communicate better (heard this 1 before..smh)

or D. The kid does have an offer and Pete is mistaken.

This thread is an excellent example of why you should take anything said on an internet recruiting site with a grain of salt. It's not so much people are trying to mislead (although there certainly is that element around) but that real information is closely guarded until things are locked down and things are typically fluid and they change. Each site is trying to get the "scoop" or throws something out to stir traffic.

The real facts here are probably only known by Golden and the coaches and they aren't officially saying anything. I personally think this site gets things closer to right than the others but they've been wrong in the past and will get stuff wrong in the future. It's just silly to get bent out of shape over whether or not a recruit has a "real" offer as only the coaches know for sure. If the kid is as good as some seem to think, he'll have a real offer.

In Peter I trust and a lot of the kids confuse we would like to give you an offer with your offered.

Advertisement
If Fenton had an offer, I'm pretty confident he would have committed already.

Do you feel the staff thought Jaquan Johnson was going to commit earlier in the process and thats why they have been holding off on safeties? i assume they believe if Irvin or Johnson commit the other is coming.if so its a dangerous game and a risk.

I want Fenton and The 2016 kid Newblood, both are good athletes. But the Davis' and Cole are all better college prospects it's difficult

If Fenton had an offer, I'm pretty confident he would have committed already.

Jaquan Johnson was as big as a UM lock since Sony Michel and Dalvin Cook and look at whats transpiring now. Not calling you bs but BS

This is crootin at its finest...if I was UM though I'd wait for the Davis' and Cole before I take any corner prospects..

Advertisement

I'll go with Pete, just based on my perception of his credibility. I know nothing about this kid or his recruitment.

doesnt say much
-Miami has always been a top school because of legacy
-biggest offers are from Arkansas, Illinois, Miami, Rutgers, South Florida, and UCF
-wins and losses won’t be the main focus
-Ball hawk, feels that his weakness is tackling

Advertisement
Back