Raphael Kirby

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Any update on his status, I seem to remember Golden saying he was hoping to have him back for GT? I'm really excited to see this kid on the field and we could really use him with DP injured.

Advertisement
Manny Navarro: WR Allen Hurns and LB Raphael Kirby participated in #UM's shorts, jersey and hats practice Monday. Perryman/Telemaque didn't.

This is great news.

Perryman out ******* sucks, nothing worse then playing a team like bethune and then losing ur best defensive player in that game. right before a huge conference game, smh.

Kirby was a bigger loss then most people realized. I think he has Perryman type potential and would have loved to see them together. Perryman, Kirby, and Johnson together is something I look forward to.

Our LB core is paper thin at the moment. Gaines, Johnson, Cornelius (got banged up), Armbrister (got banged up), Paul.

Advertisement
Kirby was a bigger loss then most people realized. I think he has Perryman type potential and would have loved to see them together. Perryman, Kirby, and Johnson together is something I look forward to.

Our LB core is paper thin at the moment. Gaines, Johnson, Cornelius (got banged up), Armbrister (got banged up), Paul.

:eekeyes:

:eekeyes:

Yeah its scary. Guess Terry might have to play some OLB and maybe burn up Blue's RS if there are any more injuries.

Certainly not a good week to have that as your LB core.

that is god awful. cornelius and armbrister look like DBs. really, cornelius looks like a corner

Gaines sucks and Paul does not look like a LB IMO

get ready for it. gonna be UGLY. the offense has to explode for us to have a shot

Perryman, Johnson and Kirby on the field together will be a sight to see. I hope it will be this year. It won't be Saturday.

Advertisement
Can't believe I had the LB position chalked up as one of the strongest on the team in the preseason... Guess I was wrong lol

Agree on Kirby, kid could've been our 2nd best LB. Hopefully he;s ready to go soon.

Wouldn't mind seeing what Eddie Johnson looks like at MLB with Perryman out, kid has the size for the position.

Advertisement
Terry needs to get some burn////and they might need to let Kelvin Cain log some snaps at lb if needed.....dont want to Burn Blue's much needed redshirt......

Cain hasnt done much at de...but im sure he can log some back up LB time as well...we just need a beast to take on the full back all game...Jimmy Gaines really needs to step his **** up.....

Cornelius who looked good in the spring..looks to have lost ALL the weight he gained...at one point he and Deon Bush were side to side and he literally looked to be only about 5 pds bigger....hes a smart player..but isnt playing too smart think he is thinking too much..because in the spring he was a seeking missile...

next year i expect our lbs to be pretty good....we will def need them to be strong up the middle this week.....

Advertisement
At what point do you guys think we will plug in Kirby? I thought itd be a good idea if hed sit out a little longer and heal up completely, but with Denzel questionable for GT does this mean Kirby might see some action sooner than we expected?

That LB core just flat out ugly. GT may set a rushing record against us with those LB's and our pathetic DT's.

That LB core just flat out ugly. GT may set a rushing record against us with those LB's and our pathetic DT's.

It could get really ugly, we need guys to play disciplined football, and most of these guys just don't have enough experience. As down on VT as I've been I hope he's back as he has at least played against GT 3 times in his career and can hopefully settle the defense when needed.

Kirby can come back and get some PT, and develop.

I think our D is gonna improve a lot on Saturday, and honestly, it couldn't possibly get any worse.

We can stop the option, especially if our offense can score and keep a lead.

Advertisement
Back