Ranking update…

Advertisement
Said it before and I'll say it again... this class is underwhelming so far. Maybe that will change but right now it's par with Manny's last class (11th ranked). Given what the University is paying Mario and his reputation as a recruiter a top 5 class should be the expectation every year and it's not excusable to be sitting outside that.

We'll see what he does. We have far too many reaches (3-stars) in the class right now and not enough 5-stars. Alabama has 5. We have 2. That's not how you build for championships which is supposed to be the goal.

We were in it for a bunch of 5-stars at one point. Go land a handful of them. And start pulling the elite kids from the portal. I want to see 50 new players by the time they suit up in Spring and it better be impact guys, not 3rd stringers transferring over from Oregon types.

And for God's sake, take care of the coordinator situation. I fully believe Gattis will be gone but ******* **** Mario is slow to act. Get a move on.

Said it before and I'll say it again... this class is underwhelming so far. Maybe that will change but right now it's par with Manny's last class (11th ranked). Given what the University is paying Mario and his reputation as a recruiter a top 5 class should be the expectation every year and it's not excusable to be sitting outside that.

We'll see what he does. We have far too many reaches (3-stars) in the class right now and not enough 5-stars. Alabama has 5. We have 2. That's not how you build for championships which is supposed to be the goal.

We were in it for a bunch of 5-stars at one point. Go land a handful of them. And start pulling the elite kids from the portal. I want to see 50 new players by the time they suit up in Spring and it better be impact guys, not 3rd stringers transferring over from Oregon types.

And for God's sake, take care of the coordinator situation. I fully believe Gattis will be gone but ******* **** Mario is slow to act. Get a move on.
Why you focused on Alabama's 5*s?

UGA has 2
LSU has 0
Ohio State has 1 who we're trying to steal
Clemson has 2
Michigan, who has the 21st ranked class, has 0.

The issue isn't the lack of 5*s...

Edit: let's see how the class finishes up before judging it...

Why you focused on Alabama's 5*s?

UGA has 2
LSU has 0
Ohio State has 1 who we're trying to steal
Clemson has 2
Michigan, who has the 21st ranked class, has 0.

The issue isn't the lack of 5*s...

Alabama and UGA got to where they are by stacking 5-stars. Go look back at UGA's past classes and see how they got to where they are today.

Advertisement
Alabama and UGA got to where they are by stacking 5-stars. Go look back at UGA's past classes and see how they got to where they are today.
Look, we just went 5-7 with some down right embarrassing losses and have a chance at 3,4, or even 5 5*s.... Even having 2 in this class puts us at elite level (only 1 school in the country has more than 2 5* commits)

Recruiting won't be a problem with Mario...

Look, we just went 5-7 with some down right embarrassing losses and have a chance at 3,4, or even 5 5*s.... Even having 2 in this class puts us at elite level (only 1 school in the country has more than 2 5* commits)

Recruiting won't be a problem with Mario...

It's Mario's fault we went 5-7 so his own failure to win more games doesn't give him a built in excuse to also fail at recruiting. Top 5 or GTFOH.

I think he's a very good recruiter but I need to see more. I'm not impressed so far.

It's Mario's fault we went 5-7 so his own failure to win more games doesn't give him a built in excuse to also fail at recruiting. Top 5 or GTFOH.

I think he's a very good recruiter but I need to see more. I'm not impressed so far.
Just so I understand your expectations, if he doesn't get a top 5 class it's a "failure"?

Advertisement
Just so I understand your expectations, if he doesn't get a top 5 class it's a "failure"?

Yes. Top 5 every year should be the standard given his recruiting budget and the fact that he has billionaire NIL money. If Manny can get the 11th ranked class without any of that, Ace Recruiter Mario Cristobal should be able to land us in the Top 5 easily.

Yes. Top 5 every year should be the standard given his recruiting budget and the fact that he has billionaire NIL money. If Manny can get the 11th ranked class without any of that, Ace Recruiter Mario Cristobal should be able to land us in the Top 5 easily.
Got it... I think he gets there eventually, but the season this year hurt himself...

I'd say if we went 8-4 I would expect a top 5 class. But this season was a colossal failure in so many ways so I think there are some offensive pieces that we won't get that we might have gotten with a better showing (Innis, Rashada, ****ey,etc).

Got it... I think he gets there eventually, but the season this year hurt himself...

I'd say if we went 8-4 I would expect a top 5 class. But this season was a colossal failure in so many ways so I think there are some offensive pieces that we won't get that we might have gotten with a better showing (Innis, Rashada, ****ey,etc).

Then you buy your way out of it. We have Ruiz and who knows what other moneybags operating in the dark. Do what Texas ATM did last year and offer huge NIL deals.

I know we've offered Innis one at WR, but what about ****ey, what about the kid committed to USC? Innis isn't the only stud receiver in this class. If Innis isn't interested, offer that bag to ****ey.

And what about the talk that Sampson is looking at the Gators now? Not acceptable. The Rashada thing was also a massive fail. They don't have a Ruiz, there is zero excuse for losing an NIL deal to the broke *** Gators EVER.

And how the **** do you lose Hykeem to FSU? Etc etc.

They need to go get it done, I don't care about excuses. And again, winning 5 games is 100% on Mario, that's not an excuse to then also fail at recruiting because then it becomes a cycle. Fail in season, therefore fail at recruiting, therefore have another bad season, therefore fail at recruiting again, and so on.

He needs to load this team up with so much talent that they CAN'T fail.

Advertisement
Then you buy your way out of it. We have Ruiz and who knows what other moneybags operating in the dark. Do what Texas ATM did last year and offer huge NIL deals.

I know we've offered Innis one at WR, but what about ****ey, what about the kid committed to USC? Innis isn't the only stud receiver in this class. If Innis isn't interested, offer that bag to ****ey.

And what about the talk that Sampson is looking at the Gators now? Not acceptable. The Rashada thing was also a massive fail. They don't have a Ruiz, there is zero excuse for losing an NIL deal to the broke *** Gators EVER.

And how the **** do you lose Hykeem to FSU? Etc etc.

They need to go get it done, I don't care about excuses. And again, winning 5 games is 100% on Mario, that's not an excuse to then also fail at recruiting because then it becomes a cycle. Fail in season, therefore fail at recruiting, therefore have another bad season, therefore fail at recruiting again, and so on.

He needs to load this team up with so much talent that they CAN'T fail.
Mario has given me plenty of things to worry about with him as the head coach.. recruiting isn't one of them.

It doesn’t matter … just be glad we are getting the kids we need and want.

Gator fans cry about rankings and that ain’t us..

We've missed on plenty of kids this cycle. Top of my head, there was Olof the OL who went to Alabama, there was about 4 local WR, M'Pemba, Hicks, Baxter, Innis, Dijon the CB who went to Florida, we've lost safeties to Penn State and Georgia, and of course Rashada the QB we lost to Florida. There have been more. We're not getting all of the kids we need and want. Then there's uncommitted kids like Damon Wilson who have dropped off the face of the earth.

This class so far is just OK. We need another "wave" like we had in the summer for it to be top 5 and good.

Advertisement
We've missed on plenty of kids this cycle. Top of my head, there was Olof the OL who went to Alabama, there was about 4 local WR, M'Pemba, Hicks, Baxter, Innis, Dijon the CB who went to Florida, we've lost safeties to Penn State and Georgia, and of course Rashada the QB we lost to Florida. There have been more. We're not getting all of the kids we need and want. Then there's uncommitted kids like Damon Wilson who have dropped off the face of the earth.

This class so far is just OK. We need another "wave" like we had in the summer for it to be top 5 and good.
Everybody misses! How Yu don't know that by now?

Advertisement
Back