Ranking the top 25 quarterbacks in college football.

As for Kaaya, as many said in other threads, he hasn't played well under pressure or in big moments. I'll give him the freshman year pass but after watching him in the spring game I didn't see much improvement. Until he can consistently stretch the field with the deep ball, he will continue to struggle against the blitz.

What pressure filled, big moment during the SPRING GAME convinced you that Kaaya has not improved?

I assume you didn't attend the spring game. His mechanics did not improve and he made a lot of poor throws. He still couldn't connect on the deep ball to Coley and missed some reads when was wide open. He continued to focus on underneath throws to the tight end and short routes to the WR. Anybody that attended the spring game would attest to that. This is not a knock on him but against quality defenses, he struggled on 3rd downs and wasn't consistently accurate with the deep ball.

Advertisement
As for Kaaya, as many said in other threads, he hasn't played well under pressure or in big moments. I'll give him the freshman year pass but after watching him in the spring game I didn't see much improvement. Until he can consistently stretch the field with the deep ball, he will continue to struggle against the blitz.

What pressure filled, big moment during the SPRING GAME convinced you that Kaaya has not improved?

I assume you didn't attend the spring game. His mechanics did not improve and he made a lot of poor throws. He still couldn't connect on the deep ball to Coley and missed some reads when was wide open. He continued to focus on underneath throws to the tight end and short routes to the WR. Anybody that attended the spring game would attest to that. This is not a knock on him but against quality defenses, he struggled on 3rd downs and wasn't consistently accurate with the deep ball.

You know those games are scripted, how many times did you see our defense look amazing at the spring game and we got the opposite

You know those games are scripted, how many times did you see our defense look amazing at the spring game and we got the opposite

I agree but these were issues that were present last year and I expected improvement. I'm not saying he can't improve but I would temper my expectations for Kaaya until he has a defining moment or big time performance in a big game. He hasn't led meaningful drives late in games and that's a problem. I understand he played a true freshman but he played with a lot of front line players that will be starters/stars in the pros. Going into this year, he's basically our only hope of having a winning season.

1. Cardale Jones
2. Christian Hackenberg
3. Jared Geoff
4. Cody Kessler
5. Brad Kaaya
6. JT Barrett
7. Tre Boykin
8. Braxton Miller

Advertisement
It's a joke to have d. Watson that high on the list.

I would agree if one was solely looking at NFL potential. However looking at college potential he has to be in the top 3 at the minimum.

The kid is really good for the system he is in.

Shoot, he'd be good in any system. Guy has crazy accuracy, a cannon for an arm, and is a legitimate running threat when he feels pressure. I'm not sure what his weakness is at this point.

Shoot, he'd be good in any system. Guy has crazy accuracy, a cannon for an arm, and is a legitimate running threat when he feels pressure. I'm not sure what his weakness is at this point.

His only weakness is inexperience. And there's only one way to fix that.

Ok, I'll give you that. It makes more sense, but I still think you're being overly critical.

Advertisement

Ok, I'll give you that. It makes more sense, but I still think you're being overly critical.

This is big boy football at Miami. I expect a lot from him and so does the team, if they expect to compete for anything this year. I can't leave a spring game saying the backup Qb looked better and then a couple of months later say he's a top 5 qb in the nation. He had a good season for a true freshman but in order to take that next step he has to impose his will in meaningful games. Don't look at stats because they can be misleading at times. Also, the OC is part of the problem but I'll digress on that.

Watson and every other qb at Clemson throw bubble screens all game. GTFOh with him being best qb in nation. Dude not even best in acc

Not true. His YPA are more than Kayaa. Their leading WR last year was Mike Williams, a big vertical deep threat, look at his highlights and tell me they throw bubble screens all game. All his 1000 yards were deep balls.

Martaviius Scott was another vertical guy the year before, and Watkins caught a bunch of deep balls.

They use a quick passing game, but still stretch the field. Cole stoudt was not very athletic, so naturally they didn't stretch the field with him, but that doesn't mean they prefer bubble screens.

He isn't the best QB in the nation, but he is legitimately in the discussion for the best in the ACC.
Dude never caught a short pass all year?

Getting hurt a lot is a fairly big weakness for a QB, especially when you're a team that asks its QB to run the football regularly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back