Ranking the top 25 quarterbacks in college football.

Advertisement
Kaaya wont be able to overcome his horrific OC.
Last year showed us what Kaaya could do w/no college experience under that horrific OC. I am not a Pricko Suave fan at all, so that could indeed occur.

That being said, Kaaya seems to be a guy who is special, and has enough upstairs to do better than he should under a guy like Pricko Suave. Now, granted, Kaaya may regress with the losses of guys like Flowers/Duke/Walford/Dorsett, but I think he'll be better physically and mentally than last season...so he'll keep the offense from being the complete sh1tshow it could be with another QB playing under Pricko Suave.

Can't wait to see the great Gunner Brady I mean Gunner Kiel in person October 1st so I can see his greatness from what you guys say.

Why do you have to wait till then? There is tons of film on Kiel available. Go educate yourself.

Advertisement
9 of Watsons 14 passing tds were against UNC and South Carolina State. UNC's D was historically bad last year. I think they gave up 70 plus on multiple occasions. Watson may be as good as advertised, but as of now, his sample size is too small

Advertisement
Watson and every other qb at Clemson throw bubble screens all game. GTFOh with him being best qb in nation. Dude not even best in acc

Watson and every other qb at Clemson throw bubble screens all game. GTFOh with him being best qb in nation. Dude not even best in acc

Deshaun Watson is the better than Brad Kaaya. Look at the stats guy. Then, look at the tape.

Idk how they make him the number one when he really didnt play that much, the guys a talent no doubt but i just dont see the ranking so high

Advertisement

Not true. His YPA are more than Kayaa. Their leading WR last year was Mike Williams, a big vertical deep threat, look at his highlights and tell me they throw bubble screens all game. All his 1000 yards were deep balls.

Martaviius Scott was another vertical guy the year before, and Watkins caught a bunch of deep balls.

They use a quick passing game, but still stretch the field. Cole stoudt was not very athletic, so naturally they didn't stretch the field with him, but that doesn't mean they prefer bubble screens.

He isn't the best QB in the nation, but he is legitimately in the discussion for the best in the ACC.

Last edited:
9 of Watsons 14 passing tds were against UNC and South Carolina State. UNC's D was historically bad last year. I think they gave up 70 plus on multiple occasions. Watson may be as good as advertised, but as of now, his sample size is too small

fair enough.

Obviously taking a small sample and applying it to the whole season doesn't work, that was more for discussion sakes, but I bet any QB than puts up Heisman numbers (4,000 yd, 40+ td) is going to have better numbers against inferior teams than good teams. It's how stats work...

Mariota and Winston put up most of their yards and tds against the bad teams on the schedule. That doesn't take away from their accomplishments or ability.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Watson has all the talent in the world to be number one QB in the land, but I would've put Kessler in that spot today followed by one of the pick three at OSU.

As for Kaaya, as many said in other threads, he hasn't played well under pressure or in big moments. I'll give him the freshman year pass but after watching him in the spring game I didn't see much improvement. Until he can consistently stretch the field with the deep ball, he will continue to struggle against the blitz.

What pressure filled, big moment during the SPRING GAME convinced you that Kaaya has not improved?

Advertisement
Back