Ranking the Top 25 Power Five Coaches

Advertisement
Dabo is the best coach in the country to me right now

How tf is Urban Meyer#2?? washed up, desperately went out and hired another OC with an entirely different system to even compete.

and Harbaugh is hilariously overrated for the fact he cant beat a washed up Urban Meyer offensive system smh

Coach Richt is underrated will be higher after this season

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well cbs news is one of the biggest fake news companies. Did Dan rather rank these?

Petrino and Gundy deserve higher. Gundy actually has a much better win % at Oklahoma State than Jimmy Johnson did. Granted that Johnson coached before T Boone Pickens.

And lol at Brian Kelly being no.12. Except for 2012 and maybe 2015, he really hasn't been that much different than the Bob Davie/Ty Willingham/Charlie Weis trio at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Paul Chryst, Kevin Sumlin & Justin Fuente all deserve to be on that list over at least 6 other Coaches.

Paul Chryst and Kevin Sumlin aren't impressive in the least. Fuente did well last year, but I could see penalizing him some since its still a small sample size.

Petrino & Old Man Snyder are waaay too high...

Mike Leach, Kirk Ferentz & ****cliffe don't even belong on the list.

Snyder is a god**** miracle working keeping that program relevant, let alone as successful as it's been.

Paul Chryst, Kevin Sumlin & Justin Fuente all deserve to be on that list over at least 6 other Coaches.

Sumlin does less with more than any other coach in the country.

Advertisement
Petrino & Old Man Snyder are waaay too high...

Mike Leach, Kirk Ferentz & ****cliffe don't even belong on the list.

Snyder is a god**** miracle working keeping that program relevant, let alone as successful as it's been.

Sumlin does less with more than any other coach in the country.
I agree that Snyder has done a great job & he built that entire KState program...

But, to be ranked the 9th Coach overall? That's a little high imo. I understand he's a lovable old man, but that still seems too high to me.

I also agree that Sumlin has underachieved big time at TAMU, but look at the other Coaches on that list, he's better than at least 3 or 4 of them.

The most overrated Coach in the P5 Kirk Ferentz & Brian Kelly imo does the least with more than any other Coach.

Last edited:
Kelly at least got ND to a championship game (even though they got mud-stomped) and BCS bowl game.

Ferentz has occasionally won that division (even if it is only slightly better than the Coastal's been). I agree he's overrated, though.

What are Sumlin's accolades again?

Advertisement
What a questionable list. Can't take these seriously. Richt shouldn't be no lower than 8 or 9. He's arguably the most accomplished coach without a championship as a head coach. He's won 2 of them as a offensive coordinator though.

Advertisement
I don't understand Mcelwain's hype around the country. I was listening to the sports radio yesterday and they were talking about Mcelwain as a top 10 coach in the country. For what? Falling into a weak *** SEC East title only to get mud stomped by Bama for 2 years.

Bill Snyder is a miracle worker in regards to football.

He is a brilliant football mind, should be higher.

Snyder took over a program that had the worst record in NCAA Division I-A (FBS) history at the time and had gone 27 consecutive games without a win (0–26–1) dating to October 1986.[14] From 1935 to 1988, the last year before Snyder's arrival, Kansas state had won 137 games in total. Since the 1982 Independence Bowl season, the Wildcats had won a total of seven games. Snyder then presided over one of the most successful rebuilding projects in the history of college athletics, ultimately earning enshrinement in the College Football Hall of Fame for his work at Kansas State.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back