Ranking the Top 25 Power Five Coaches

Choppers ranked ahead of that guy who can run a glorified triple option and still win football games against actual opponents. In the 21st century. This list is moot.

Advertisement
I don't understand Mcelwain's hype around the country. I was listening to the sports radio yesterday and they were talking about Mcelwain as a top 10 coach in the country. For what? Falling into a weak *** SEC East title only to get mud stomped by Bama for 2 years.

Even UF fans realize McElwain sucks. He belongs on a bottom 10 coach in the country list. He's about half a step above Al Golden/Will Muschamp level

Dabo is the best coach in the country to me right now

How tf is Urban Meyer#2?? washed up, desperately went out and hired another OC with an entirely different system to even compete.

and Harbaugh is hilariously overrated for the fact he cant beat a washed up Urban Meyer offensive system smh

Wtf lol... He's 61-6 after taking over for Ohio State and 39-2 in the Big Ten. That's the best overall record and conference record of any coach over that time period. He's also only 3 years removed from a championship and made the final 4 this past year. Recruits like a psychopath and puts an insane amount of players into the NFL every year.

Advertisement
Mctooth number 23

z2CvR6.gif

Bill Snyder is a miracle worker in regards to football.

He is a brilliant football mind, should be higher.

Snyder took over a program that had the worst record in NCAA Division I-A (FBS) history at the time and had gone 27 consecutive games without a win (0–26–1) dating to October 1986.[14] From 1935 to 1988, the last year before Snyder's arrival, Kansas state had won 137 games in total. Since the 1982 Independence Bowl season, the Wildcats had won a total of seven games. Snyder then presided over one of the most successful rebuilding projects in the history of college athletics, ultimately earning enshrinement in the College Football Hall of Fame for his work at Kansas State.

Yep, KSU was a "Bottom 10" program back when USA today published such weekly. I doubt anyone ever did more with less, over time, than Snyder.

You also have to give a ton of credit to Hayden Frye, the coach that first hired Snyder as OC. The Bill Walsh coaching tree is to the NFL what the Frye tree is to college football. He had an unmatched eye for college coaching talent. For the beginning, see THE BASE OF THE TREE: HAYDEN FRY'S 1983 COACHING STAFF - Black Heart Gold Pants

I know he's the flavor of the month and I'll even give credit for winning/building at non-traditional football powers but Pat Fitzgerald is barely over .500 as a head coach and is 2-5 in bowls. Methinks that media bias by Northwestern alums (like Syracuse) has pumped him up a little too fast. But sure, slot him next to Rick- who is 100 games over .500 and 11-5 in bowls.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back