Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Every other aspect of the game becomes irrelevant when you have a guy who can put the team on his shoulders and put together a game winning TD drive, watch your defense give it away, and just shrug it off and go out there and do it again.

Again, if he wasn't such trash for 3.5 quarters then he wouldn't have to do those things.

And he's not putting anybody on this shoulders. Throwing a swing pass to a wide open Herndon is not carrying anybody.

His back shoulder throws are a thing of beauty.

Other than that, his passes are a detriment to the team.

Advertisement
90% of what a QB does, think tank.

With Rosier, it's probably 80% because he runs more than average.

You guys are clueless.
Yeah. The QB just rides the pine on the 50% of the plays he don’t throw it. Has no role at all on run downs.

I’m done arguing with a person that believes this way.

In 8 of Malik's 14 starts we have trailed at the half, and 6 times we've won, three of those we won on the final possession.

That stat alone puts Rosier at the top of the list.

But how many of those 8 games were we behind because of Rosier’s sloppy play. If you didn’t suck in the first half you wouldn’t need a comeback win.

Advertisement
Some credit because yes, a win is a win. Especially against a rival but I'm not throwing either guy a parade because they beat a 7-6 FSU team .

Harris' Miami team went 9-4 that year and Rosier's went 10-3. Both much better than 7-6.
Rosier beat a defense multiples in the 4th comprised of high 5 and 4 stars players at FSU and over the last 4 years or so average recruiting ranking top 5 in the country. He gets all the credit for that victory

But how many of those 8 games were we behind because of Rosier’s sloppy play. If you didn’t suck in the first half you wouldn’t need a comeback win.
So who’s fault was it in the games we trailed with Kaaya?

I’m really not trying to debate how you got to the moment, but there is a clear and obvious difference between how those two played in that moment.

Inaccuracies or not but I don’t see how anyone can pick kaaya or rosier to lead this team. Rosier has shown the ability to have comeback wins and make meaningful plays kaaya didn’t

Advertisement
With the exception of Freeman all the QBs on the list would have greatly benefited from better coach staffs.

Freeman was not very good by any means.

Rosier beat a defense multiples in the 4th comprised of high 5 and 4 stars players at FSU and over the last 4 years or so average recruiting ranking top 5 in the country. He gets all the credit for that victory

So did the quarterbacks at Alabama, NC State, Louisville, Boston College and Clemson. If you want to suck off Rosier for beating a 7 win FSU team, when 5 other quarterbacks did it also, good for you. I'm not throwing a party for a player who played poorly and barely pulled off a win against a bad team. I don't care how many stars FSU recruits had. They got blown out by Boston friggin' College and had to reschedule a game against Louisiana Monroe just to qualify for a bowl game.

Everybody here enjoyed that victory but I'm not booking CFB playoff tickets after barely squeaking by a very mediocre team. That game should have been a Miami blowout.

So who’s fault was it in the games we trailed with Kaaya?

I’m really not trying to debate how you got to the moment, but there is a clear and obvious difference between how those two played in that moment.

Al goldens defense vs Manny Diaz defense. Malik Rosier was the reason we were behind in several of those comeback wins

I believe the NFL will prove my top three right. (Unless Rosier just becomes a different QB this year)

1. Morris is a scout team QB who will stick around the NFL
2. Kaaya is a scout team QB who might not make it long
3. Rosier who will probably go pro in something besides football. (Well there is Canada)

Advertisement
Rosier is the better college QB and is a better fit for Richt's system.

If I had to pick Kaaya or Rosier for this upcoming season, I would go Rosier.

In all fairness I'll take Malweak over .bard.kaayak all day every day and twice on gameday.

.bard.kaayak was borderline comedic trying to drop back from under center and anytime he tried to evade a rush.

Like a baby giraffe learning how to walk.

Fans tend to give QBs too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. If your QB throws for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns and you lose, is it his fault? What if he throws 3 picks and you still win? Is it because of him?

I prefer to judge quarterbacks on how well they actually play not whether or not the team won. Bad QBs can win a lot of games with great defenses and running games. Good QBs can lose a lot of games with no defense or running game.

Jay Fiedler and Dan Marino have the same winning % for their careers. I wouldn't say they're equal quarterbacks though.

Also, I'd take Morris over the other quarterbacks on this list. When he was healthy he was a threat to run or pass (even if his accuracy was occasionally erratic) and he wasn't scared to make a play.

Advertisement
Rosier is the better college QB and is a better fit for Richt's system.

If I had to pick Kaaya or Rosier for this upcoming season, I would go Rosier.

And he’s a leader. What he lacks in throwing the perfect out route he makes up for with leadership, getting the ball in the end zone with the game on the line, and ability to scramble. This was the difference in beating Va Tech and I believe in ND as well. Yeah we routed ND, but his early TD run would've been a sack with Kaaya and that 4th down throw to Cager would've never happened to lock that game down. Winning college football games is so dependent on momentum, and the difference between a drive killing sack and being able to turn that into a scramble for positive yardage is huge.

Al goldens defense vs Manny Diaz defense. Malik Rosier was the reason we were behind in several of those comeback wins
Malik does not play defense. He surrendered 0 points last season. He is not the reason we gave up 17 4th quarter points to FSU. He is the reason we won.

Malik is also not on the kickoff squad. He did not fail to properly field an onside kick. He is not the reason we trailed GA Tech in the 4th. He is the reason we won.

Malik Rosier did not surrender 30 points to Toledo. He accounted for 344 yards and 4 TDs

Malik Rosier did not give up 19 points to UNC. He gained 376 yards and threw 3 TDs.

Malik Rosier did not surrender 4 first half touchdowns to UVA. He scored 4 touchdowns.

4 games we trailed at the half. And it would have been 4 losses with Kaaya instead of Rosier.

Malik does not play defense. He surrendered 0 points last season. He is not the reason we gave up 17 4th quarter points to FSU. He is the reason we won.

Malik is also not on the kickoff squad. He did not fail to properly field an onside kick. He is not the reason we trailed GA Tech in the 4th. He is the reason we won.

Malik Rosier did not surrender 30 points to Toledo. He accounted for 344 yards and 4 TDs

Malik Rosier did not give up 19 points to UNC. He gained 376 yards and threw 3 TDs.

Malik Rosier did not surrender 4 first half touchdowns to UVA. He scored 4 touchdowns.

4 games we trailed at the half. And it would have been 4 losses with Kaaya instead of Rosier.
Facts, but this goes against the narrative that we won in spite for malik by some on here LOL

Advertisement
Back