Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

You made the point that due to takeaways we should never have trailed.

No, I didn't.

I said a team with a good quarterback shouldn't trail more than half the time (apparently 8 of 13 games) if their defense was #2 in takeaways and TFLs.

I wish you would at least be honest and/or get something right just once.

Advertisement
Wyoming was better in that statistic and had a much better QB that no one on this planet would argue, yet they went 5-3 in conference play. Seems like your head explodes when each of your arguments are proven wrong.

Wyoming was 105th in points scored per game.

I would argue that they didn't have a great QB or even a very good offense. In fact, it sucked.

Feel free to talk about Miami or Rosier at any time......

You dispute it every time you insist that a QB who stated 38 games but never once led a 4th quarter comeback is better than a guy who’s done it 6 times just by saying “well with Kaaya we wouldn’t have been trailing.”

Because every fact says that he is better.

You're using a team statistic to bash a single player and then using that same team statistic to raise another single player.

You're getting it all wrong, basically.

Advertisement
Because every fact says that he is better.

You're using a team statistic to bash a single player and then using that same team statistic to raise another single player.

You're getting it all wrong, basically.
You and a few others on here confuse being a good passer with being a good QB.

Winning matters. What you do with the game on the line matters. I’m not trying to credit Rosier with wins or Hold every loss against Kaaya.

I’m looking at a specific metric, that is the most important metric there is. When you had the ball with a chance to win the game, what did you do. Malik found a way to win. Brad came up short every time, and the closest he ever came was gifted to him with a punt return into the red zone.

Advertisement
Kaaya's line against VT.

23 of 38 (60.5%), 323 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 144.0 rating

That's basically a career day for Malik Rosier.
How’d we do that day?

I don’t think people are disputing that Brad is the better passer, but passing is only part of being a QB.

I’m looking at a specific metric, that is the most important metric there is. When you had the ball with a chance to win the game, what did you do. Malik found a way to win. Brad came up short every time, and the closest he ever came was gifted to him with a punt return into the red zone.

This is incredibly silly and ignores every other aspect of the game.

Advertisement
image.gif

Advertisement
This is incredibly silly and ignores every other aspect of the game.
Every other aspect of the game becomes irrelevant when you have a guy who can put the team on his shoulders and put together a game winning TD drive, watch your defense give it away, and just shrug it off and go out there and do it again.

Every other aspect of the game is irrelevant if you cannot perform when it matters most.

The part of the game where it matters most might come in the 3rd quarter. Or even earlier than that.

If you're the fanboy of a mediocre QB then it behooves you to shrink the game as much as possible to give you a chance to praise his performance even when he's bad.

Advertisement
Back