Ranking ACC QBs for 2021

Advertisement
Pickett is #1. The #2 guy is so far behind him he doesn't even appear in the rear view mirror.
Baby Lol GIF by moodman

38tds/7ints as a freshman, basically same as a sophomore. those might be all time leade4 at Miami stats. The guy is very very good.

Imagine how much our fans would be talking Heisman potential with stats like these.

STATS
CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
237 348 68.1 3,586 10.3 30 7 87 179.1
259 422 61.4 3,641 8.6 38 7 68

Only in this board do people not get the obvious. He's **** good.

Advertisement
1. Sam Howell
2. D’Eriq King
3. Phil Jurkovec
4. Sam Hartman
5. Malik Cunningham
6. DJ Uiagalelei
7. Kenny Pickett
8. Bailey Hockman
9. McKenzie Milton
10. Brennan Armstrong
11. Tommy DeVito
12. Jeff Simms
13. Duke QB
14. VA Tech QB
When I saw OPs list with Hartman as low as he had him I was a bit a shocked, but then again a lot of people don't watch much football outside of Canes games. Hartman is a solid QB in their system. Does a great job.

Just gonna take a stab. For its faults the ACC does produce a lot of QBs and all but Duke return a QB with starting experience.

1) Sam Howell
2) DJ U
3) D King
4) Phil Jurkovec - (ND fans may not be happy if their next QB blows)
5) Finley - NC St (Im probably higher on him than most)
6) Malik Cunningham - Louisville
7) Kenny Picket - Pitt (flys under the radar but apparently got a Sr Bowl invite and has the eyes of NFL scouts)
8) Brennan Armstrong - UVA
9) Simms - GT (If he makes a normal leap from year 1 to 2 he could be a few spots up)
10) Milton - FSU (he could obviously end up much higher but years after his horrific injury he still looks gimpy)
11) Braxton Burmeister - VT
12) Sam Hartman - Wake
13) Tommy DeVeto - Cuse
14) Whoever Duke trots out (Cutcliff needs to exit before all he built crumbles)
You have Hartman insanely low

Howell is fantastic and the best QB in the conference. Some of y'all really exposing yourselves in this thread.

Kid has 68 TDs against 14 picks in his true freshman and sophomore seasons. Do you understand the slurping that would bring on this board were this kid putting up those numbers in orange and green? Get a clue. He's fantastic.

EDIT: Since I got to thinking about the above post, I looked it up. TD passes per game is not the end all metric, by any means. But it's certainly indictive of being a pretty prolific player. TD passes are kinda a good thing, if you guys didn't know. So....68 TDs in 15 games is 2.72 per game.

Of all college QBs ever with 100 TD passes, that number would rank 8th ALL-TIME. So, if he keeps up that same rate, and throws 32 more TDs next season to get to the 100 to be ranked with the rest of these dudes, he'd have the 8th highest TD/game rate in the history of the sport. And this is on a team with incredible balance. It's not like they're throwing every down (just in case you missed their game against us where their 2 backs are still running through our secondary). That UNC offense has been silly good since Mack got there (well, Longo and Howell, to be fair).

Last edited:
D.J. is the best NFL pro prospect by far.

Howell has proven more, and should be a first round pick, but he doesn't have the natural size or a ability that D.J. has.

D.J. has a stronger arm than Trevor.

Advertisement

Howell has proven more, and should be a first round pick, but he doesn't have the natural size or a ability that D.J. has.

I agree that DJ has the best upside among the ACC QB's & will probably be highly successful considering all the talent he has around him...

But I didn't have him higher on my list because he hasn't done it yet.

I'm gonna wait before I crown him.

1. Sam Howell
2. D’Eriq King
3. Phil Jurkovec
4. Sam Hartman
5. Malik Cunningham
6. DJ Uiagalelei
7. Kenny Pickett
8. Bailey Hockman
9. McKenzie Milton
10. Brennan Armstrong
11. Tommy DeVito
12. Jeff Simms
13. Duke QB
14. VA Tech QB
**** u got that Pickett kid low asf. Boy a 8th year vet by now imo..idk about a QB from Boston college unless his name is Matt Ryan. Malik/micale Cunningham really regressed this szn imo. But a kid to watch is Jeff Simms along with his Backfield mate Gibbs who will be playing on sundays for sure..I think by the end of 2020 it’s gunna be UNC/MIA/Clemson representing that QB position in the ACC

He's also like 6'6 or 6'7, and can move...he's got all the tools...let's see if he puts it together. Trevor just never got rattled.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Howell is definitely a very, very good quarterback, but does that justify the level of hype he's received?

**** u got that Pickett kid low asf. Boy a 8th year vet by now imo..idk about a QB from Boston college unless his name is Matt Ryan. Malik/micale Cunningham really regressed this szn imo. But a kid to watch is Jeff Simms along with his Backfield mate Gibbs who will be playing on sundays for sure..I think by the end of 2020 it’s gunna be UNC/MIA/Clemson representing that QB position in the ACC
Ya, Id prob drop Micale/Malik on second thought. Big regression and he is losing Tutu and very underrated Fitzpatrick... plus that RB. Looked into Sims. He had as many picks as TDs.. I dont see it.

Just gonna take a stab. For its faults the ACC does produce a lot of QBs and all but Duke return a QB with starting experience.

1) Sam Howell
2) DJ U
3) D King
4) Phil Jurkovec - (ND fans may not be happy if their next QB blows)
5) Leary (not Finley) - NC St (Im probably higher on him than most)
6) Malik Cunningham - Louisville
7) Kenny Picket - Pitt (flys under the radar but apparently got a Sr Bowl invite and has the eyes of NFL scouts)
8) Brennan Armstrong - UVA
9) Simms - GT (If he makes a normal leap from year 1 to 2 he could be a few spots up)
10) Milton - FSU (he could obviously end up much higher but years after his horrific injury he still looks gimpy)
11) Braxton Burmeister - VT
12) Sam Hartman - Wake
13) Tommy DeVeto - Cuse
14) Whoever Duke trots out (Cutcliff needs to exit before all he built crumbles)
Stopped reading when you didnt have Kenny Pickett #1

Advertisement
Back