Ranking ACC QBs for 2021

svenben

Freshman
Just gonna take a stab. For its faults the ACC does produce a lot of QBs and all but Duke return a QB with starting experience.

1) Sam Howell
2) DJ U
3) D King
4) Phil Jurkovec - (ND fans may not be happy if their next QB blows)
5) Leary (not Finley) - NC St (Im probably higher on him than most)
6) Malik Cunningham - Louisville
7) Kenny Picket - Pitt (flys under the radar but apparently got a Sr Bowl invite and has the eyes of NFL scouts)
8) Brennan Armstrong - UVA
9) Simms - GT (If he makes a normal leap from year 1 to 2 he could be a few spots up)
10) Milton - FSU (he could obviously end up much higher but years after his horrific injury he still looks gimpy)
11) Braxton Burmeister - VT
12) Sam Hartman - Wake
13) Tommy DeVeto - Cuse
14) Whoever Duke trots out (Cutcliff needs to exit before all he built crumbles)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just gonna take a stab. For its faults the ACC does produce a lot of QBs and all but Duke return a QB with starting experience.

1) Sam Howell
2) DJ U
3) D King
4) Phil Jurkovec - (ND fans may not be happy if their next QB blows)
5) Finley - NC St (Im probably higher on him than most)
6) Malik Cunningham - Louisville
7) Kenny Picket - Pitt (flys under the radar but apparently got a Sr Bowl invite and has the eyes of NFL scouts)
8) Brennan Armstrong - UVA
9) Simms - GT (If he makes a normal leap from year 1 to 2 he could be a few spots up)
10) Milton - FSU (he could obviously end up much higher but years after his horrific injury he still looks gimpy)
11) Braxton Burmeister - VT
12) Sam Hartman - Wake
13) Tommy DeVeto - Cuse
14) Whoever Duke trots out (Cutcliff needs to exit before all he built crumbles)

Pickett is #1. The #2 guy is so far behind him he doesn't even appear in the rear view mirror.

troll GIF

Advertisement
You do realize Leary is NC State’s starter when healthy, right? He’s head and shoulders better than anyone on that roster. Finley will probably end up 3rd behind Leary and the Frosh they just signed.

Advertisement
Had to give y’all boys the dumb reaction for this 😂. But this should help

I can understand why you have the reaction you have but I don't think he is better than King. I personally don't think if he was the Qb at Miami instead of King last year we would have been as good as we were. I just don't feel that he makes the players around him better. That's just my opinion.

Advertisement
I can understand why you have the reaction you have but I don't think he is better than King. I personally don't think if he was the Qb at Miami instead of King last year we would have been as good as we were. I just don't feel that he makes the players around him better. That's just my opinion.
I wouldn’t take him over king either. But I also can’t deny his production either. To follow up his TF szn with what he did last year he deserves that number 1 recognition

I think King is right up there at the top with Howell. That UNC line is what made the difference this past season vs. King behind Miami's OL. Plus our WRs dropped about half the balls thrown to them, made King's stats look much worse than they should have been.

Howell gives me a Trubisky vibe. Mack is protecting him.

Howell is pretty good, as much as I hate to say it. Very accurate and throws the deep ball well. Moves on to the next play really well. Doesnt make many mistakes and extends plays very well. Mobile enough. The jury is out on whether or not his skill guys were really special, or he and the system aided their production. Unc fans tend to think their receiver corp this year is more talented than last seasons 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Howell is pretty good, as much as I hate to say it. Very accurate and throws the deep ball well. Moves on to the next play really well. Doesnt make many mistakes and extends plays very well. Mobile enough. The jury is out on whether or not his skill guys were really special, or he and the system aided their production. Unc fans tend to think their receiver corp this year is more talented than last seasons 🤷🏾‍♂️
Howell should be preseason #1 but I do not think he will finish inside the top 2.

Not only did he benefit from Newsome and Brown, but two RB’s in Williams and Carter who will both probably be gone by early 3rd round.

Advertisement
Back