Rank Em

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
We used to do this back in the old days but it was a real pain in the *** with no search function and limited history but let's try it here.

Rank the prospects on how you think they make an impact over their careers at UM. If you want, make a list on their impact next season as well but this is one of those time capsule threads.

1. Stacy Coley
2. Kevin Olsen
3. Artie Burns
4. Alquadin Muhammed
5. Jermaine Grace
6. Beau Sandland
7. Alex Gall
8. Jamal Carter
9. Standish Dobard
10. Alex Figueroa
11. Gus Edwards
12. Sunny Odogwu
13. Devante Bond
14. Hunter Knighton
15. Ufomba Kamalu
16. RL3

Advertisement
1-COLEY
2-BURNS
3-CARTER
4-AQM
5-SANDLAND
6-GRACE
7-DOBARD
8-BOND
9-ODOGWU
10-OLSEN
11-GALL
12-FIGUEROA
13-EDWARDS
14-RL3
15-KAMALU
16-KNIGHTON

1. AQM
2. Grace
3. Carter
4. Burns
5. Sandland
6. Coley
7. Olsen
8. Gall
9. Figueroa
10. Dobbard
11. Edwards
12. Bond
13. Odogwu
14. RL3
15. Kamalu
16. Knighton

Tough. Have so much more footage of some of these guys than others. Would really like to see more of Odogwu, in particular. People who have seen him make him out to be a prototype physically.... then again, so was Jermaine Johnson.

1. AQM
2. Burns
3. Coley
4. Sandland
5. Carter
6. Olsen
7. Grace
8. Odogwu
9. Dobard
10. Edwards
11. Gall
12. Bond
13. Figueroa
14. Kamalu
15. Knighton
16. RL3

1-Olsen (he's our future)
2-Coley (better talent then Cooper and I know that's saying a lot!)
3-Beau (immediate impact at an area of need)
4-Carter&Burns (local ballers that love to hit and have all world athleticism)
5-AQM&Bond(bigtime pass rushers!)
6-Stan(more Cane then 99%of the kids in the 305 and a baller)
7-Grace(best player on the field in SemperFi game)
8-Gall(nasty whiteboy with a meanstreak)
9-RLIII(52 is gonna be on our sidelines and locker room!)
Don't know enough about the others

Advertisement
1. Burns
2. Coley
3. Olsen
4. AQM
5. Grace
6. Carter
7. Sandland
8. Gall
9. Odogwu
10. Dobard
11. Bond
12. Edwards
13. Figueroa
14. RL3
15. Kamalu
16. Knighton

I graded each position based on the roster provided by 80s, my recruiting breakdown position is below

QB recruit - Olsen (Elite 11 and All-American)
QB situation - Morris will be preseason All-ACC 2nd team. The rest have been competing for over two years. Olsen will redshirt.
Grade - A+

RB recruit – Edwards (Top FB in the nation that can play RB)
RB situation – Duke will be preseason All-America on ST and All-ACC on ST and RB (2nd or 3rd team). Outside of Dillard, the rest have PT experience.
Grade – B-

FB recruit – Edwards (see above)
FB situation – Hagans is very reliable. However, there is no legitimate depth. Edwards can provide that.
Grade - A

WR recruit – Coley (The guy that got the best of T. Howard and D. Bush)
WR situation – I don’t see Coley getting much PT unless somebody get hurt or kick off the team. Therefore, I think he will redshirt. We have four potential All-ACC receivers. Also, remember Carter said he was going to take Tommy Streeter spot. Also, we have two potential playmakers that are recovering from season ending injuries.
Grade – A++

TE recruit – Sandland (Juco All-American) and Dobard (Top TE in LA)
TE situation – Outside of Warlord, we are in dire need of a TE. Sandland is a receiver in a TE body. I hope Dobard becomes an improved version of Warlord (receiving)/Dye (blocking) TE. Both Sandland and Dobard are early enrollees. That’s an added bonus.
Grade – Go from A to A+

OL recruit – Odogwu (Top prep OL), Knighton (Top 30 State recruit), Gall (Ohio All-State recruit)
OL situation – I prefer our OL recruits over DK due to coaching. This should be the top OL group in the ACC (4 potential All-ACC and 2 potential All-American). Our backups are solid. Therefore, our OL recruits should redshirt barring any injury. Also, our OL recruits are early enrollees.
Grade – Go from B- to B

DL recruits AQM (All-American) Kamalu (JUCO DE/DT recruit) Bond (JUCO All-American)
DL situation – We need pass rushers and we got them, AQM (future) and Bond (present). However, we missed out on the DT’s, for depth reasons. We hope our young DL’s will solidify our depth of the old days. I’m talking about going eight deep without missing a beat.
Grade – pass rushers A / run stuffers D- = C

LB recruit Grace (All-American) Figueroa (Don’t know too much about him)
LB situation – I like our 4 Horsemen (Perryman, E. Johnson, J. Gaines, R. Kirby). Our backups are experienced. Everybody expecting Blue to make some noise. Barring any injury Grace will probably redshirt.
Grade – A-

CB recruit – Burns (All-American)
CB situation – We are looking thin. We are hoping that Howard and Gunter can lock down the #1 and #2 spot. After that, we are placing a lot hope on young DB’s. Therefore, we need Burns to intensify the competition for the nickel and the 4th spot. I wish we had Rashad Robinson to solidify our CB class.
Grade – B+

S recruit – Carter (Top 50 State recruit) Lewis III (Mr. Versatility)
S situation – We have a nice safety duo in D. Bush (hard hitter) and R. Jenkins (coverage). K. Rodgers and J. Carter will probably be our top backups. Highsmith should be on every special teams package to keep the family happy. Lewis III should provide quality depth after a redshirt season.
Grade – B+

I can't do it.

We've got 5 or 6 kids that are going to push for extended playing time immediately. They'll all help - just in different ways that I find too difficult to rank.

Anyone saying this class is a B- without Thomas baffles me.

uh, coley isn't redshirting. he comes in as probably our most talented wr. he will get playing time. i see some attrition here in the future w/ a transfer or 2 in the next 2 years.

Advertisement
1. Olsen
2. Muhammad
3. Grace
4. Burns
5. Coley
6. Carter
7 Sandland (down this far because he only has 2 years.)
8. Dobard
9. Sonny
10. Figuero
11. Bond (Would be higher, but is a JUCO)
12. Gall
13 RL3
14. Knighton
15. Edwards
16. Kamulu

I realize this isn't a huge class and we missed out on some star power at the end, but **** there is some serious talent in this group.

Advertisement
1. AQM
2. Coley
3. Olsen
4. Burns
5. Carter
6. Sandland
7. Figueroa
8. Grace
9. Dobard
10. Gall
11. Bond