Randy was better (Miami New Times)

Randy, for as clueless as he was, was slightly better.

But don't tell that to people who are obsessed with a white guy with good hair and a few big words. He's got them blushing and twirling their hair in their fingers like school girls with a crush.

Al Golden is formal Randy Shannon.

Advertisement
Randy, for as clueless as he was, was slightly better.

But don't tell that to people who are obsessed with a white guy with good hair and a few big words. He's got them blushing and twirling their hair in their fingers like school girls with a crush.

Al Golden is formal Randy Shannon.

Not to mention none of those clowns can win the big game....in fact it is safe to say the big game is lost days before it is played when these clowns are coaching.

the strange thing about randy was that even though everyone seemed to become super lazy from coaches to players while he was here, he somehow always got his teams to show up for the big games and compete. now the bad losses to the other acc riff raff was unexcusable

To me, Randy seems like a quiet and reserved type of dude and some times things like that can carry over to the people under you.

Good Lord, we've sucked for a very long time

Amen... Welcome to the era where records of 8-4 and 9-3 are acceptable and can get you a long-term contract, especially if you use the buzz words "blindsided", "cloud" and "it's a process" when talking to reporters on why your team failed.

They are two of the worst big conference D1 coaches to ever lace them up. I'm not sure who is worse. Randy was a complete idiot and Golden is the most passive ***** coach I've ever seen. 8 years of some of the worst coaching you can see, its been a nightmare.

Advertisement
It's true. The article is on the money. Al's time here is up. This season is careening toward an inevitable 6-6 record with a terrible bowl game.

Sad reality is Randy overall was better. Only thing Golden has done better is be white. That gives me hope the next guy can turn it around quickly.

FIFY.

Those stats don't lie. If UM retains The Imposter after this season, racism is the only explanation.

100% verifiable fact. Shannon was the better football coach. Albortion is the better white guy.

I don't see it as who was the better of the two turds, they are not Miami coaching material as proven by their records. Comparing these two guys does nothing but reiterate what we don't want. We need a real Miami coach, Butch or Chud would be my choices.

Regarding recruiting, Golden did not have any sanctions until recently; he had a cloud.

As it turns out, the sanctions are pretty **** mild.

I wouldn't give Randy the edge on Golden in recruiting and offense. It was the uncertainty that kept Golden from getting better prospects, and that abysmal first recruiting cycle ranking is due to Randy having a few kids committed in December. The offense in Golden's 2nd and 3rd year were light years better than anything Randy Shannon put out during his 4 years here.

At the same time, this article is rather worthless. Randy and Golden were/are terrible coaches. In a couple years, Golden will be in the same position that Randy is in now and be a position coach at a Div-1 school. At least Randy showed a willingness to make changes to his staff, not something Golden has been willing to do.

Advertisement
When evaluating recruiting it's probably a good idea to see which guy did a better job hanging onto his recruits. Advantage Shannon huge. Albortion has record-level attrition.

A few things here..

1) If anyone had told me that Al would have the same overall record as Randy in his 4th year..I wouldnt have believed them. I really believed that this year would have been our year. Especially after we started out 7-0 last year. "It was all good just a week ago.."

2) Al's stubborness is going to lead to his downfall. Randy was stubborn too but not to this extreme. Randy actually let Bill Young come in and man the defense. Put a few new wrinkles in it...He was fine with taking a step back and trying something new. Al? Not so much.

3) And I have said this 1,000 times but I will say it 1,001..Randy wasnt fired because we sucked that year and we lost to USF...Randy was fired because on Senior Day, with all the BOTs sitting in the press box, and on national TV, we had 15,000 fans in the stands that day! 15,000!!!! THAT was the last straw. And that is what ultimately will get Al fired too.

tumblr_n85k6ub7111twulego1_400.gif

The major difference between these two mediocrities is going to be the aftermath. Y'all forget how bad Randy left this program. 2 official visits or something like that. Fractured relationships with feeder schools like Miami Central for no apparent reason.

Al has proven himself to be wrong for the job but I do believe that this is a quick turnaround gig for a good coach because of the work Al did getting the talent back up (not where it needs to be but inarguably better than it was when he took over) and getting us back in to schools like Central, Booker T, Norland, etc.

Advertisement
The worst part about this thread is that there is legitimate debate about who is worse. I didn't think it was possible to find a coach who could match Randy's incompetence and yet to my surprise we have done just that.

Advertisement
This debate is like debating who would win in a spelling bee: Warren from Something About Mary or Sean Penn in I am Sam.

Don't kid yourself. Randy actually knew how to coach. belongs as a coordinator but he can coach. Golden isn't qualified to coach a North Dakota high school team.

Don't kid yourself. Randy actually knew how to coach. belongs as a coordinator but he can coach. Golden isn't qualified to coach a North Dakota high school team.

That's it. Shannon can actually coach football. Folden is lost when it comes to the actual game of football. Folden is a better PR man, and he's white. That's all there is to it.

The worst part about this thread is that there is legitimate debate about who is worse. I didn't think it was possible to find a coach who could match Randy's incompetence and yet to my surprise we have done just that.

I bet you if we had gone to the ACCCG a short while back, people would be saying "well, at least Golden made it to the ACCCG. Shannon did not..." However, Al's mediocre record has brought this conversation into this forum.

This conversion is about as entertaining as two one-legged midgets in an a**-kicking competition... Sure you will laugh at first, but then you will start crying and feeling sorry for the little dudes towards the end...If it ever ends.

Advertisement
Back