Randy was better (Miami New Times)

From Mannys blog when Rogers decommitted:

On Wednesday, when I drove to Northwestern and spent about two hours watching practice, Bridgewater told me he was still planning on being a Hurricane. But he also said he was a bit disappointed by the Florida State loss and what he's seen from UM's offense this season. He also admitted he's been having second thoughts about his commitment.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...-could-bridgewater-be-next.html#storylink=cpy

He wasn't happy with the offense or the way the fans were treating Jacory. It's been shown several times he wasn't coming here, so just let that dog die. Who was better, Randy or Al. Neither one has won anything so does it matter? I loved the hiring of Randy. Miami guy, grew up here, played here, coached here. What's not to love if you love the Canes. But Randy proved he wasn't really head coach material. I have no idea if he learned from his first experience and will do better if he gets another shot or not, but no amount of rewriting history will make him a good head coach during his Miami tenure. His recruiting was a major disappointment. I thought with his local connections he would lock down the area. He had the one very disappointing class out of NW but other than that he was mediocre. You have to give Al a nod on recruiting simply because he has brought in better overall talent to date and he did it dealing with all the NCAA crap hanging over his head. Does that now show in results on the field? Not so much. If we do make a move and bring in a good X's and O's guy, one thing is certain, he will have a better roster to deal with day on than Randy left for Al.

Did he really bring in better overall talent? Outside of Perryman and Flowers which of his recruits havve done anything? Duke and Dorsett committed to RS... For better overall talent he definitely rode RS players for a long time... Oh yea the cloud doesnt compare to the stigma of thug u Randy dealt with... The brawl, Willie Cooper getting shot, the death to Pata and ST was all worse than the cloud...

We make things too easy for Al and too be honest, I dont see a coach inheriting a better roster... We have good players here and there but we're weak at oline, lack depth at rb, outside of 2 maybe 3 wideouts we're pretty thin and on defense we lack a lot of underclassmen talent...

Advertisement
Not this again. It's like a smelling contest between two turds. What difference does it make which one smells better? You ultimately still have your nose in a steaming pile of ****.

Why is this even a discussion? Who cares randy shannon might of been the worst head coach to ever step foot on any college campus

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back