Randy to UF

More great reporting from Tim Reynolds...

oGvQUTd.png

Went from not even negotiating or "whatever" with Florida to being named their LB coach in less than 48 hours. Impressive.

Advertisement
Nothing like Nights ****** bleeding all over threads about Randy Shannon. Man loves him some Randy.

L
N
Petrino ran a train on a lot of guys. Shannon was a good dc. Don't think he was NFL ready at that point but I do feel he's willing to evolve.

And any coach looks like trash if they don't have good players. Silly point.

Can you ****ing read? I said he was good and pointed out why he wasn't great. Shannon didn't have just good players, he had ****ing Studs on D. He didn't adjust at halftime to what Petrino was doing. So take your silly point and stick in your ***. **** the ****ing morons on this board.

Can you read? You point is garbage. A lot of coaches look good because of players. Invalid point number 1.. Two...l- ville scored 24 points in the first half and 14 in the second but Shannon didn't adjust? Smh. Pathetic. Some people talk just to talk. Perfect example,

LMAO, check your stat line again skippy. They scored 10 in the 1st half and 21 in the 2nd. Try again. Your 0-2 so far.

Shannon wasn't the dc is 2004? Lmao ok .....u look dumb as **** pic,ing out one game and applying it to body of work. Let me say pete carrol sucks cuase stanford ran all over his defense on 2009. Dumb as ****

Look I get it, its a racial motivated thing with you and Randy.

In the 04 game he didn't adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hester which they couldn't stop.

06, Petrino abused Shannon. Crossing routes and running QB's were Shannon achilles heel whether you want to admit that or not.

Shannon can only get jobs as a position coach. That tells you what people think of his ability as a DC in today's football landscape.

Go ahead and think that..still doesn't change the fact the he's better than any coach on Miami's current staff. Good hire for uf. But I'm sure u have a friend who will come out and say some after the fact bs 3 years from now

you're getting owned

go away

Shannon can only get jobs as a position coach. That tells you what people think of his ability as a DC in today's football landscape.

I will make this easy for some of you who are in denial about Randy going to UM. Be honest with yourself. You were an undecided recruit with choices between UM and Florida. Who do you choose to play for?

D'Onfrio a former temples owls DC and our LB coach who know one knows comes into your living room and gives you the recruiting pitch and tells you good things.

Later that day the Former Miss State defensive coordinator (top 10 defense) who is now the Gator DC along with Broyles winning national champion LB coach Randy Shannon steps in the building.

They speak to you about their defensive philosophy and Randy starts to list all the players he developed from Sean Taylor to Vince Wilfork. Randy starts to talk about how your film and ability reminds him of the greats he coached and he knows how to get you to that same level. Then drops the amount of players drafted and in the pro bowl from the defenses he coached. Then the Gator DC and Randy point to all the star players for UM who are not developing.

Who are you choosing to play for? Coach D'Onfrio's passive defense or the proven DC Collins and Randy Shannon?

And what does that have to do with shannon being a crap D coordinator?

you trying to convince us that golden and his staff suck? **** hard one to sell

The worst defense that Randy has ever fielded while at UM even when he was a HC was 35th. Compared to 105 by Golden and company..lol

Advertisement
There's no QB on the roster LOL. Treon could develop into a nice spread QB, but it seems as if we don't know what the **** we want to do on offense. McElwain is a prostyle type guy while Nussmeir has mainly worked with mobile guys in a spread look. I don't expect much improvement on offense.

You got Nussmeier wrong. His background is very similar to McElwain.

L
N
Can you ****ing read? I said he was good and pointed out why he wasn't great. Shannon didn't have just good players, he had ****ing Studs on D. He didn't adjust at halftime to what Petrino was doing. So take your silly point and stick in your ***. **** the ****ing morons on this board.

Can you read? You point is garbage. A lot of coaches look good because of players. Invalid point number 1.. Two...l- ville scored 24 points in the first half and 14 in the second but Shannon didn't adjust? Smh. Pathetic. Some people talk just to talk. Perfect example,

LMAO, check your stat line again skippy. They scored 10 in the 1st half and 21 in the 2nd. Try again. Your 0-2 so far.

Shannon wasn't the dc is 2004? Lmao ok .....u look dumb as **** pic,ing out one game and applying it to body of work. Let me say pete carrol sucks cuase stanford ran all over his defense on 2009. Dumb as ****

In the 04 game he didn't adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hester which they couldn't stop.

06, Petrino abused Shannon. Crossing routes and running QB's were Shannon achilles heel whether you want to admit that or not.

Great offenses put up good numbers against any defense. It is the reason they are called good offenses. Nick Saban and Smart are considered two of the greatest minds in the NCAA but gave up points and yards to A&M and W Virginia who are great offensive teams.

Loll
L
N

Great offenses put up good numbers against any defense. It is the reason they are called good offenses. Nick Saban and Smart are considered two of the greatest minds in the NCAA but gave up points and yards to A&M and W Virginia who are great offensive teams.

Naw man it's a racial thing lol.

L
N

LOL, whats your point? They have also adjusted to those two schemes that are run by those teams. They didn't play in a vacuum, they adjusted their philosophy. That's what Great coaches do. Shannon didn't adjust from 04 to 06. Try again...

Advertisement
Nothing like Nights ****** bleeding all over threads about Randy Shannon. Man loves him some Randy.

My love for Shannon is no where near the love yall had for golden and the hate you have for the man due to non football reasons.

If you wanna say he sucked fine but Atleast have some legit football reasons but guys like you think they can say anything and sense a large number of equally ignorant people on a football message board agree...they actually believe the bs thats being said. Just a sign of a pathetic person

L

LOL, whats your point? They have also adjusted to those two schemes that are run by those teams. They didn't play in a vacuum, they adjusted their philosophy. That's what Great coaches do. Shannon didn't adjust from 04 to 06. Try again...

Shannon did not adjust his scheme?

After the 2003 season all of the Butch talent from our nation title runs graduated. That was Sean Taylor, Vilma and DJ Williams last year. Randy tried to run the same defense that he did during our title runs with less talent and it did not work. UM finished 28th in total defense in 2004

Randy adjusted his scheme to fit the current less talented players he had on the roster. It worked because his defense was ranked 4th in total defense in 2005 and 7th in 2006.

Our defense was nothing like the defense we played from 2001 - 2003

L

In the 04 game he didn't "adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hester which they couldn't stop.

Yea your right Shannon didn't adjust In 2006 despite saying he's gonna stop the run in 2006 and miami set a school record for rushing defense lo but yea your right he can't adjust. Dumb.

Pete carrol sucks as a defensive coach ...he didn't adjust to stanford in 2009. Lol. Dumb.

U can pick any defensive coach in NFL history and I can show u a game where he got destroyed by an offense.

Yet another dumb post. No clue on the concept of football. It's no wonder you thought golden was a great coach at one point.

Advertisement
L

Shannon did not adjust his scheme?

After the 2003 season all of the Butch talent from our nation title runs graduated. That was Sean Taylor, Vilma and DJ Williams last year. Randy tried to run the same defense that he did during our title runs with less talent and it did not work. UM finished 28th in total defense in 2004

Randy adjusted his scheme to fit the current less talented players he had on the roster. It worked because his defense was ranked 4th in total defense in 2005 and 7th in 2006.

Our defense was nothing like the defense we played from 2001 - 2003

LOL, do tell??? Exactly what changes did Randy make to his 4-3 base cover 2 scheme?

L

In the 04 game he didn't "adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hester which they couldn't stop.

Yea your right Shannon didn't adjust In 2006 despite saying he's gonna stop the run in 2006 and miami set a school record for rushing defense lo but yea your right he can't adjust. Dumb.

Pete carrol sucks as a defensive coach ...he didn't adjust to stanford in 2009. Lol. Dumb.

U can pick any defensive coach in NFL history and I can show u a game where he got destroyed by an offense.

Yet another dumb post. No clue on the concept of football. It's no wonder you thought golden was a great coach at one point.

nites your typical weak *** rebuttal. Saying I ever backed golden makes it even worse. Anyone reading this knows your grasping.

Give it up man, you have been severely owned in this thread.

Advertisement

nites your typical weak *** rebuttal. Saying I ever backed golden makes it even worse. Anyone reading this knows your grasping.

Give it up man, you have been severely owned in this thread.

lol, you just said Shannon didn't adjust from 04-06. Miami set a school record in rush defense in 2006 but he didn't adjust? That's the dummest ***** statement Iv seen. I can't stand Al Godlen but I would never make that dumb *** remark. But hey " I've been owned". In your corny *** voice.

Like I said Shannon sucks but guys like you think they can make any dumb *** statement and think it's true cause they guy sucked and a message board agrees lmao. Pathetic .

Shannon was an excellent DC. Not arguable by any statistical measure.

He was an abominable HC, but what else is new at Miami?

Advertisement
Back