Randy to UF

Advertisement
Yeah this is nothing for a Canes fan to be worried about. He's not a likeable guy at all and his track record for recruiting is subpar. Ok he got Alex Collins to AK but wasnt there some old relationship there? Kirkland would have here if this staff didnt wet the bed.
So Saban picks Cristobal for his SFLA recruiter while UF gets Shannon....that should tell u something.

He will do better at UF because it is UF. Collins went to AK because of his prior leanings to WI before their fat dude left to be the fat dude at AK. Hate to see a Cane coaching gators but man needs a living -- he didn't have Al's agent.

Advertisement
Keep whistling through the graveyard. Shannon's recruiting fell apart when it was obvious to everyone he wasn't going to get it done here. As Folden is proving this year, you will not be able to recruit when it's obvious you're a failure and you've been sucked up into the death spiral vortex.

His first few classes were highly ranked and contained many NFL players. His classes also provided Folden with all of Folden's best players. Not to mention, he helped Arkansas get their two best players.

He's not going to make the final decisions at ufayg. He's just going to work the area, and having a former Cane telling everyone how the program is in the toilet isn't going to help UM.

The recruiting coordinator title is inaccurate. He's gonna be LB coach with somewhat of a Co-DC title. The Collins guy is held in high regard and many don't feel like he'll be at UF long before he gets a HC opportunity, hence Shannon's title.

Advertisement
He'll do ok there. I'm sure the recruiting title is just something they added to give him more $. You dont want an introvert being your Recruiting Coordinator

Advertisement
Randy shannon the great recruiter tgat missed out on big name s fla kids like denard robinson ryan shazier davonta freeman charles gaines and many many many more players in s fla

Why does everyone think that Randy is an elite recruiter? Sure he has ties to SFLA but what staff doesn't these days? Not rustled by the hire

Advertisement
Why does everyone think that Randy is an elite recruiter? Sure he has ties to SFLA but what staff doesn't these days? Not rustled by the hire

Sadly, this is going to hurt us more than help us. In-State, FSU is already very present down here and has taken a lot of great players lately. Florida which did not have much of a presence here, now will. HS coaches in South Florida like Randy more than Golden.

Sadly, this is going to hurt us more than help us. In-State, FSU is already very present down here and has taken a lot of great players lately. Florida which did not have much of a presence here, now will. HS coaches in South Florida like Randy more than Golden.

Oh really? So Randall's last year didn't happen?

He'll be fine as a coach, but let's not go crazy about his recruiting abilities.

No question about it and think my point came across wrong. I certainly will have an impact and I was pointing out more that pound for pound as a recruiter Randy does not scare me. His social skills and ability to connect with 17/18 year old kids are not his strengths when you take the other factors out of the equation

I don't care about his coaching or recruiting prowess (btw - look at how many South Florida players Arky has recruited and received a commitment from since Shannon joined their staff), but that is Randy Shannon going the Gators. Man...never thought I'd see the day.

zach-randolph-shaking-his-head-gif.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back