Randy to UF

Randy Shannon the LB coach under Jim Mcelwain will be a much better recruiter than Randy Shannon the head coach of the University of Miami.

"The University of Miami is a disaster. I know....I was there. I tried to stop the Shapiro thing but they would not listen to me. I had the same record as Al Golden but they won't fire Golden....I wonder why (wink wink). They are so cheap that I had to sue them after the fired me to receive was I was owed. My sources tell me Golden is gone after this year. Do not go to Miami. We are going to build a dynasty here at UF under our great new head coach".

You see.......

Advertisement
https://twitter.com/darrenheitner/status/550281114485813248

Randy to UF, Recruiting Co-ordinator and LB Coach

LB Coach I get but Recruiting Co-ordinator ??

The recruiting coordinator title is inaccurate. He's gonna be LB coach with somewhat of a Co-DC title. The Collins guy is held in high regard and many don't feel like he'll be at UF long before he gets a HC opportunity, hence Shannon's title.

Good move by Florida and Shannon.

After Bielema passed Shannon up for the DC position when Ash went to Ohio State, I figured he would leave for the next good opportunity.

And the "DC-in waiting" title seems like a promotion. Plus, he's closer to home.

Will be interesting to see how the Florida program performs, and if they make progress while we're still "re-building" 5-6 years later ...

There's no QB on the roster LOL. Treon could develop into a nice spread QB, but it seems as if we don't know what the **** we want to do on offense. McElwain is a prostyle type guy while Nussmeir has mainly worked with mobile guys in a spread look. I don't expect much improvement on offense.

Advertisement
What funny 561cane??

Randy is a better DC then Al Folden.....

Randy is a better HC then Al Folden......(never thought I would say that)

Randy can recruit better then Al Folden

Al can speak the English language fluently & he is White...that's why he stills has a job at The University of Miami......

Randy shannon the great recruiter tgat missed out on big name s fla kids like denard robinson ryan shazier davonta freeman charles gaines and many many many more players in s fla

Denard wanted to play QB. Only Michigan gave him that chance. Turns out he was a better scat back and receiver than QB.

We had Lamar Miller and Mike James who are two starting NFL backs plus we had Duke coming. So freeman was not a need.

Lol at our last few head coaches. We went from sending coaches to the league to being the head coach for the roadrunners of Texas San Antonio and a linebackers coach of one of our rivals.

We've been dead for some time now.

Advertisement
Funniest thing I've read in quite some time...

Great hire for UF & Randy....

It's a better upgrade then anything we've got going on.

That is a great hire for UF. Randy is a great defensive coach.

Randy was a good DC, not great by any stretch. He had all world talent and Petrino ran a train on him because he couldn't stop crossing routes.

not even good imo

he doesn't make adjustments, just watch the game vs oh state in 02 and watch krenzel go right up the middle seemingly all day long

he's an idiot lol

Randy shannon the great recruiter tgat missed out on big name s fla kids like denard robinson ryan shazier davonta freeman charles gaines and many many many more players in s fla

Denard wanted to play QB. Only Michigan gave him that chance. Turns out he was a better scat back and receiver than QB.

We had Lamar Miller and Mike James who are two starting NFL backs plus we had Duke coming. So freeman was not a need.

It was a total whiff by the staff on freeman. There is no reason to spin it. The kid was under the radar and FSU noticed it before he even starter in highschool. For a person with as good of ties in south florida as him you think someone would have tippped him off to the talent or at least he would have taken the time to evaluate for himself.

It took Shannon until a month before NSD to extend the offer or something. He will help uf some in South Florida, but he is a lazy recruiter overal. In recruiting that is a bad character trait. I dont think that is something you can learn or switch on. You either have that ingrained in you or you dont.

Advertisement

Great hire for UF & Randy....

Randy was a good DC, not great by any stretch. He had all world talent and Petrino ran a train on him because he couldn't stop crossing routes.

Petrino ran a train on a lot of guys. Shannon was a good dc. Don't think he was NFL ready at that point but I do feel he's willing to evolve.

And any coach looks like trash if they don't have good players. Silly point.

So what? It's not like he didn't have guys at those positions that didn't make it into the NFL. Missed on freeman? He had miller, johnson with randy johnson committed. And you can't name a hc who hasn't missed out on south fl talent. As long as you have an ample replacement it's all good. Bad post. Real bad.

K,

It was a total whiff by the staff on freeman. There is no reason to spin it. The kid was under the radar and FSU noticed it before he even starter in highschool. For a person with as good of ties in south florida as him you think someone would have tippped him off to the talent or at least he would have taken the time to evaluate for himself.

It took Shannon until a month before NSD to extend the offer or something. He will help uf some in South Florida, but he is a lazy recruiter overal. In recruiting that is a bad character trait. I dont think that is something you can learn or switch on. You either have that ingrained in you or you dont.

No spin needed when you have ample talent on our roster. Butch Davis missed on guys but he got other guys to make up for it. Shannon was bad as a hc but stop trying to for formulate chit cuase you don't undertand football.

Advertisement

Did we need a running back. You had Lamar Miller, Mike James and Duke Johnson coming. Duke took over where Lamar Miller left off and was a better back than Freeman

Did we need a running back. You had Lamar Miller, Mike James and Duke Johnson coming. Duke took over where Lamar Miller left off and was a better back than Freeman

Exactly...it's only a true miss if you don't have someone just as good or better basically

Petrino ran a train on a lot of guys. Shannon was a good dc. Don't think he was NFL ready at that point but I do feel he's willing to evolve.

And any coach looks like trash if they don't have good players. Silly point.

Can you ******* read? I said he was good and pointed out why he wasn't great. Shannon didn't have just good players, he had ******* Studs on D. He didn't adjust at halftime to what Petrino was doing. So take your silly point and stick in your ***. **** the ******* morons on this board.

meh...Maybe he has changed but has always been pretty lazy on the trail.

The players he recruited that are in the NFL says differently. Ignorant post

LOL, are you Randy's butt buddy? The one ignorant here is you. Who cares what the NFL players say. All anyone needs to do is look at his last class and what we had in 2010. So you rather he been known as a ******* quitter? Talk about ignorant.

Advertisement
Back