Randy to UF

I get it, you have a little mental retardation.

I didn't say 04 team to 06 team didn't adjust. What I stated clearly for anyone without a moronic bias is that Randy didn't adjust to the games with UL.

I also never said Randy sucked, I've stated several times in this thread I thought he was a good DC. He had his weaknesses.

Great offenses put up good numbers against any defense. It is the reason they are called good offenses. Nick Saban and Smart are considered two of the greatest minds in the NCAA but gave up points and yards to A&M and W Virginia who are great offensive teams.

LOL, whats your point? They have also adjusted to those two schemes that are run by those teams. They didn't play in a vacuum, they adjusted their philosophy. That's what Great coaches do. Shannon didn't adjust from 04 to 06. Try again...

Yea your right Shannon didn't adjust In 2006 despite saying he's gonna stop the run in 2006 and miami set a school record for rushing defense lo but yea your right he can't adjust. Dumb.

Pete carrol sucks as a defensive coach ...he didn't adjust to stanford in 2009. Lol. Dumb.

U can pick any defensive coach in NFL history and I can show u a game where he got destroyed by an offense.

Yet another dumb post. No clue on the concept of football. It's no wonder you thought golden was a great coach at one point.

nites your typical weak *** rebuttal. Saying I ever backed golden makes it even worse. Anyone reading this knows your grasping.

Give it up man, you have been severely owned in this thread.

lol, you just said Shannon didn't adjust from 04-06. Miami set a school record in rush defense in 2006 but he didn't adjust? That's the dummest ***** statement Iv seen. I can't stand Al Godlen but I would never make that dumb *** remark. But hey " I've been owned". In your corny *** voice.

Like I said Shannon sucks but guys like you think they can make any dumb *** statement and think it's true cause they guy sucked and a message board agrees lmao. Pathetic .

Advertisement
U can't go back and edit the dumb remark cuz it's been quoted in other post. No sense in trying to back track and looking worse just admit the remark was dumb as **** and move on.

Kinda like you realizing Golden sucked.

Advertisement
Wasn't Shannon our DC for the LSU Peach Bowl debacle in '05? Good times.

Good defensive coordinators don't go become position coaches because they're so good at being a defensive coordinator

The fact that anyone argues this is ego motivated, or racially

L
LMAO, check your stat line again skippy. They scored 10 in the 1st half and 21 in the 2nd. Try again. Your 0-2 so far.

Shannon wasn't the dc is 2004? Lmao ok .....u look dumb as **** pic,ing out one game and applying it to body of work. Let me say pete carrol sucks cuase stanford ran all over his defense on 2009. Dumb as ****

Look I get it, its a racial motivated thing with you and Randy.

In the 04 game he didn't adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hester which they couldn't stop.

06, Petrino abused Shannon. Crossing routes and running QB's were Shannon achilles heel whether you want to admit that or not.

Great offenses put up good numbers against any defense. It is the reason they are called good offenses. Nick Saban and Smart are considered two of the greatest minds in the NCAA but gave up points and yards to A&M and W Virginia who are great offensive teams.

LOL, whats your point? They have also adjusted to those two schemes that are run by those teams. They didn't play in a vacuum, they adjusted their philosophy. That's what Great coaches do. Shannon didn't adjust from 04 to 06. Try again...

Since we have to spoon feed nites... try and follow closely now. I was talking in context of the UL games in 04 and 06. Try again. 0-3 now.

Good defensive coordinators don't go become position coaches because they're so good at being a defensive coordinator

Its obviously this. How can you proclaim to have called out golden, then turn around at every comment and defend shannon. Its pretty black and white for someone not biased.

Advertisement

So what are you claiming shannon wasn't a good dc when he was here?

No I'm claiming that nick saban will be quarter back coach for SMU sometime soon

L

Shannon wasn't the dc is 2004? Lmao ok .....u look dumb as **** pic,ing out one game and applying it to body of work. Let me say pete carrol sucks cuase stanford ran all over his defense on 2009. Dumb as ****

In the 04 game he didn't adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hesteor which they couldn't stop.

06, Petrino abused Shannon. Crossing routes and running QB's were Shannon achilles heel whether you want to admit that or not.

Since we have to spoon feed nites... try and follow closely now. I was talking in context of the UL games in 04 and 06. Try again. 0-3 now.

No sense in trying to back track...no matter what excuse you come up with your comment was off base. Stanford beat USC in 2007 and 2009. In 2007 they scored 24 and in 2009 they scored 55. I guess pete carrol didn't adjust. Dumb.

That's the dumbest ***** concept Ive ever seen.

So what are you claiming shannon wasn't a good dc when he was here?

No I'm claiming that nick saban will be quarter back coach for SMU sometime soon

Ok so we both agree your comment was meaningless then.

In the 04 game he didn't adjust, it was a turnover and their starting QB getting knocked out of that game. Not to mention we had Hesteor which they couldn't stop.

I'm dumbest ***** poster on this board.

Agreed!

Advertisement

Its obviously this. How can you proclaim to have called out golden, then turn around at every comment and defend shannon. Its pretty black and white for someone not biased.

Actually people that make up stuff about people are the racially motivated types. Kinda like hitlers propaganda machine back when he was standing on two feet.

Shannon sucked and there are numerous valid reasons of which you fail to realize due to lack of understanding of the game and other personal believes.

Y'all couldn't wait to **** on randy.. Please f loyalty MIami has the great white hype.. I don't blame Randy!!

Miami didn't adjust from 04-06? Lmao

Doesn't matter that in 2004 l-ville scored 24 points in the second half and only 14 in the second while having less yards. It was magic Shannon did t adjust.

Smh.

Lmao

Advertisement
The more we stand still the farther we fall behind. Say what you want, Randy can coach some LB's and presence in SoFl will pay dividends for U***. They are predicted to retain T Rob too. Maaannnn! Grolden and James gonna finish us off before they leave.

We don't play UiF so who cares about Shannon as a DC? It's irrelevant. His immediate impact on Miami is on the recruiting trail through the major hot spots in South FL-- MNW, BTW, Central, etc.

His effectiveness depends on how he is used/assigned to recruiting. If you utilize him the way Butch Davis did, which is, "here are your targets, here's your schedule, land 4 out of 5 or it's you ***," he will be very effective.

If you leave him to his own devices in terms of evaluations, strategies, etc. he will be a disaster and probably benefit UM because he will vacate certain relationships that require too much work or give him any pushback. He is a great soldier, but he is a lazy general.

There is a lot of revisionist history regarding recruiting under Shannon and a lot of the nauseating excuses are resurfacing. He is not loved in South Florida, not by any stretch; he will have a lot of fences to mend.

When he got the HC job, he acted like South Florida owed him something, not the other way around. He was stubborn and arrogant. For example, when Central was in the midst of state title run, he didn't bother to show his face at one of their games, even for the sake of solidarity or support.

People talk about the "wall" around South Florida and he was perhaps the best at wrecking it. Even beyond the arrogant nature and attitude, he broke the number 1 rule he should have learned from Butch which is, an elite South Florida prospect always has a place at UM. Bottom line. Even if you're stacked at that position, you fight your tail off to make him a Hurricane.

He did neither of those 2 things and it cost him personally and us as a program. So again, his success here will be a function of how he is put to work. I suspect a coach from Utah, or wherever this UiF guy is from will leave him with a lot of responsibility which will burn the Lizards in the end.

Now, as far as Shannon's HC prowess, it wasn't very good. That said, I am pretty sure he would have done better than 6-7 this year all else equal.

Advertisement
Back