Randy Shannon Social media ban

I said it a while back that the time to get the freshmen acclimated was the beginning part of the season and was baffled that we didn’t at receiver , oline and rb for sure.

isnt one of the main reasons for scheduling cream puffs is so younger players can get actual game experience ?

Advertisement
Every player on the team who's active on social media is not from South Fla, you guys with this dumb anti-South fla narrative might wanna find another team to root for because The University of MIAMI (FL) isn't going to stop recruiting South Fla anytime soon.
What these players need to understand is before you talk it got to prove it on the field first.if they put the same effort in the workouts and preparing themselves to play the game they wouldn't be in this position they are in today.it's not entitled to them they have go out and earn it.

Trash talking will never stop social media has taken it up to a higher standard.One of JJ quote was I don't care what you say but come Saturday you better do it on the field and if you can't do it shut up until you can or your outta here.it's my way or the highway.

Kosi **** the bed, because he should be the #1 QB and unquestioned leader of this team.
Players need to earn opportunities objectively with the way they prepare, practice, and compete on weekends.

No doubt Perry's not helped himself, and I've been the first to defend Richt for starting Rosier. "Nobody's taken the job from him" I said. "They need to earn it in practice" I said. "There's more to being a QB that raw talent" I said.

The thing is, you don't start the kid then pull him as soon as he fcks up...in favor of a guy who's no better, and probably worse. If we had a capable backup I could see keeping Perry on a short leash, but we don't. And we've got nothing to play for this season. Richt kept playing Rosier like he would get better, like he would win those games.

It was the waffling back and forth that killed any goodwill towards Richt that I had. He doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing or can make a choice. The guy who "gives us the best chance to win" doesn't change every week. One guy is better overall and you play him.

Advertisement
What you all fell to realize is the TEAM follows THE LEAD of THE COACH.

Don’t believe me? I’ll give you the example of my beloved Chicago Bears. John Fox was the head man, a guy who was in the twilight of his career; good coach, had some solid moments but could never get over the hump (sounds familiar). By the time Chicago got him, he was worn down and those **** Bears played worn down, too.

Bears get rid of him, hire a young, energetic guy from an offensive play calling coaching tree, and those same tired Bears are lighting up the score board smoking fools.

What changed? Change in leadership, is what changed. QB looks better, WRs look better, OL looks better, defense looks better (although Mack helped w that too)...the whole culture changed.

Under Fox it was, ‘let’s grind em out and see what happens.’ Under Nagy it’s ‘Keep ur foot on the gas and don’t let up until it turns 0:00.’

Coker, Shannon, Golden and now Richt have created a very **** poor, laissez faire culture here. I still remember in 2015 all that tough talk that was going on b4 the Clemson game and during the game, you all know what happened.

So the question is who r the leaders? Where r they going to come from? Who r these older guys that r held in esteem and y r they OK w losing? I can tell u why; just like I can tell u why for the last 15 yrs...COACHES.

You call out Coker, Shannon, or Golden and not call out Richt just b/c of what he did in the past? The past is the past. Look at UGA now and look at them then. Look at the culture w Richt & look at the culture w/o Richt.

Funny, even I drunk the Kool Aid to think Kirby was winning only b/c of Richt’s players, and yet here he is WITH YOUNG GUYS going back to another SEC Championship game.

Facts.

Rell, I was on the same boat too. But year 3 it's mostly Kirby's players now, and UGA hasn't skipped a beat. Sure, they're probably not going to the playoffs this year because they'll have 2 losses after the SECCG against Bama. But they'll still be in a NY6 bowl and likely get to an 11-win season. I've paid attention to UGA quite a bit during Richt's tenure and Kirby's. Richt's tenure never looked like that.

Yes, please have a media ban. Especially if it leads to Richt being fired like Shannon was.

I’m in the camp of the players should keep quiet until they do something on the field. Stop talking **** because all you do is go out there and get punched in the dyck. It makes them look retarded. I mean you got UVA, BC, and Duke of all teams clowning you. STFU

What you all fail to realize is the TEAM follows THE LEAD of THE COACH.

Don’t believe me? I’ll give you the example of my beloved Chicago Bears. John Fox was the head man, a guy who was in the twilight of his career; good coach, had some solid moments but could never get over the hump (sounds familiar). By the time Chicago got him, he was worn down and those **** Bears played worn down, too.

Bears get rid of him, hire a young, energetic guy from an offensive play calling coaching tree, and those same tired Bears are lighting up the score board smoking fools.

What changed? Change in leadership, is what changed. QB looks better, WRs look better, OL looks better, defense looks better (although Mack helped w that too)...the whole culture changed.

Under Fox it was, ‘let’s grind em out and see what happens.’ Under Nagy it’s ‘Keep ur foot on the gas and don’t let up until it turns 0:00.’

Coker, Shannon, Golden and now Richt have created a very **** poor, laissez faire culture here. I still remember in 2015 all that tough talk that was going on b4 the Clemson game and during the game, you all know what happened.

So the question is who r the leaders? Where r they going to come from? Who r these older guys that r held in esteem and y r they OK w losing? I can tell u why; just like I can tell u why for the last 15 yrs...COACHES.

You call out Coker, Shannon, or Golden and not call out Richt just b/c of what he did in the past? The past is the past. Look at UGA now and look at them then. Look at the culture w Richt & look at the culture w/o Richt.

Funny, even I drunk the Kool Aid to think Kirby was winning only b/c of Richt’s players, and yet here he is WITH YOUNG GUYS going back to another SEC Championship game.

Facts.
Preach

Advertisement
I’m in the camp of the players should keep quiet until they do something on the field. Stop talking **** because all you do is go out there and get punched in the dyck. It makes them look retarded. I mean you got UVA, BC, and Duke of all teams clowning you. STFU
Yeah I’m sick of it, we got keyboard warrior champions who think the game is won in social media instead of on the field. This team needs heart and only a handful have it on the team if that

I love it. Recycling Randy Shannon policies is definitely the way to turn things around.

Let's also take the players names off their jerseys because they have to "earn it". Then when the team goes 5-7, put their names back on their jerseys.

Thomas Brown was telling the truth something cancerous in that locker room.

Thomas Brown should be fired for being incompetent. Tell me one thing that Thomas Brown does that can't be replaced with someone, who will accept less money. Quoting bible verses and motivational quotes? The love this board has for this guy, who brings absolutely nothing to the table, is hilarious. But but but "he keeps it real bro".

Last edited:
Thomas Brown should be fired for being incompetent. Tell me one thing that Thomas Brown does that can't be replaced with someone, who will accept less money. Quoting bible verses and motivational quotes? The love this board has for this guy, who brings absolutely nothing to the table, is hilarious. But but but "he keeps it real bro".

Who says anyone loves thomas brown?? If u list the staff of who should be fired he is way down the list. He doesnt call plays the Co-OC title is a sham.

Advertisement
Social media generally doesnt bother me. But **** man this year these kids are playing around way to much. Doing pranks and other dumb **** all day.

LMAO at a social media ban solving anything. Why ya'll focus on the mundane is beyond me.

Who says anyone loves thomas brown?? If u list the staff of who should be fired he is way down the list. He doesnt call plays the Co-OC title is a sham.

He's not way down the list. Are you joking? He needs to be one of the first people to go. If you don't include Richt, it's Searels, Jon, and TB that need to go first. As I stated before, he brings absolutely nothing to the table. He makes more than triple compared to what David Yost or Kenny Dillingham make, do you not understand how ridiculous that is? Yost or Kenny could be half-awake after taking 10 ambiens and would run circles around TB when it comes to Xs and Os.

Last edited:
Advertisement
7 on 7 generation struggles with adversity. D$ talks about the competitiveness of the South Florida athlete, but these Miami teams of late QUIT way too easily. Nothing ****es me off more than a team of egos that quit. Losing happens, but quitting or accepting losing is a choice.

Yeah I’m sick of it, we got keyboard warrior champions who think the game is won in social media instead of on the field. This team needs heart and only a handful have it on the team if that

Agreed they should stay off social media with their talking about how good they are and how they are gonna do this and that until they actually do something. Talk is cheap in that arena.

I am indifferent on them calling the coach out for talking out of both sides of there mouth at this point. As far as lack of heart, they are only reflecting the coaches lack of heart if you ask me. Richt looks like he is so disinterested at this point. He would actually show emotion on the sidelines last year and get after officials for missed calls. He looks more than defeated, he looks dead. JMO.

Advertisement
Back