Randy Shannon Social media ban

Coach Brown is part of the problem.

You Corch worshippers are always looking for some silver lining to put the blame on the players & prop the coaches up to let them off the hook, but a huge part of why there's been so much turmoil in the locker room is because the coaches don't hold everyone to the same standard. They jump on the young guys back whenever they make mistakes in practice but won't say a word to the upperclassmen, which causes the young guys to splinter off, which then divides the locker room.

The Coaches are the adults, it's literally their job to hold everyone accountable but they coddle & play favorites with certain players. The reason why myself & others don't buy what Brown is selling is because he's taking direct & indirect shots at multiple players on the team guys who don't really deserve it.

The same kids he's calling cancers are the same ones he'd be pised about if they up & decided to transfer, he needs to cut it out & practice what he preaches. He's the coach, pointing fingers at players you Coach is like being a parent & blaming your kid for being raised wrong.

I'm okay with Thomas Brown being on the chopping block as well.

Advertisement
You only say that because you don't know exactly who he's talking about, if you did you would realize how dumb that sounds.

But I'm wasting my time even tryna to tell yall, I get it you guys love Brown so nevermind.
Just calling a spade a spade, seeing too much entitlement if you ask me really

We playing freshman all over the field and mfs crying get this soft *** sch*t outta here
I said it a while back that the time to get the freshmen acclimated was the beginning part of the season and was baffled that we didn’t at receiver , oline and rb for sure. We are seeing those growing pains on the field and while it’s not mainly them(the offensive scheme is the biggest problem) you still can see some issues. But again that’s on the coaches for not getting them comfortable in the easy part of the schedule. We was up by what in the 4th vs unc yet homer and Dallas got all the carries and lingard and Davis got none? That was stupid. It’s a fallacy of dumb decisions made by the coaches this year which has caused this losing streak

Just calling a spade a spade, seeing too much entitlement if you ask me really
All these dudes are entitled these days. Dont act like they just at miami. Its the coaches jobs to shut that shît down when they get on campus. Thats what guys like saban and dabo are doing.

Advertisement
All these dudes are entitled these days. Dont act like they just at miami. Its the coaches jobs to shut that shît down when they get on campus. Thats what guys like saban and dabo are doing.
It’s not only at Miami , they obviously haven’t and it’s why you can tell there isn’t any strong leaders on this team

The worst this gets, the better it is for our purposes (purging of Richt).. he can lose a few games and explain his way out of it by trashing a few players and deflecting blame.. once he loses control of the lockerroom due to division or even some silly mutiny on social media, his demise suddenly becomes expedited ..

Advertisement
OP isn't wrong, but it's a different world. Social media wasn't nearly as big a part of kid's lives as it is today.

Go ahead and ban that sht anyway, I'm just saying it's a bigger deal now.

And while we're talking about it, how does this work? If a starter posts on instagram, does he sit or is that just for scrubs? Cause I've definitely had some arguments with posters saying that we need to loosen up the rules for stars or we'll never be good.

A lot of these kids obviously are entitled, that’s clear... brown was telling the truth, it is what it is. Truth hurts, got to stop sugar coating it, there is no leadership on this team. Who is the leader on offense right now? That’s a big problem...

But I agree though with what another poster said , tired of hearing about what you going to do on social media and then come out and fold. Need to do less talking and back it up with Miami style football. Not just talking about the offense at this point, the defense too. I feel When they get praise they play lackadaisical far too often. Had 6:43 left on the clock and couldn’t get the offense the ball back? Where’s the heart?

Who's the leader? Hard to say when your HC doesn't let anyone be the clear #1 QB or RB. Who's our #1 WR? Don't know, we play every single one of them the same amount. Sure guys need to step up, but coaches need to let guys have opportunities. What I see is Richt wanting to have so many weapons we can't be defended...which is nice, but you start by letting a few guys be weapons not by spreading the touches out so nobody gets very many.

Also, Richt is supposed to be the fcking leader but where's he at? He can't call plays, can't make up his mind who to play. That's not leadership, that's confusion.

Brown should just shut his mouth and quit calling out players before more of them transfer out thanks to this sh** show and the cupboards become even more bare than they already are in the ‘19 recruiting class. He’s one of the reasons we’re in the complete mess that we find ourselves in, and hasn’t come up with 1 change that’s been a positive light in an utterly disappointing season. Get your bags packed Thomas, don’t expect to be here much longer especially with the highway robbery of a title and salary you’re collecting.

Brown should just shut his mouth and quit calling out players before more of them transfer out thanks to this sh** show and the cupboards become even more bare than they already are in the ‘19 recruiting class. He’s one of the reasons we’re in the complete mess that we find ourselves in, and hasn’t come up with 1 change that’s been a positive light in an utterly disappointing season. Get your bags packed Thomas, don’t expect to be here much longer especially with the highway robbery of a title and salary you’re collecting.
Brown coach the running backs and is an oc in only titlle you act like he’s the one calling the dumb *** plays....

Last edited:
Advertisement
The O coaches have dug their own grave on this stuff and created the so called cancers or locker room issues by their amateur hour coaching and player selection.

All you ever hear is "the standard" coming out of these guys mouths and a player led team, but when guys are effing up and not executing they are still playing. The biggest culprits are/were Malik, the OL, and Cager. Players are not blind and can see you talking out both sides of your mouth.

Not everyone is held to the same standard on this team and the players see that. One guy messes up he gets yanked quick, another guy screws up and he is back out there next series.

Advertisement
You only say that because you don't know exactly who he's talking about, if you did you would realize how dumb that sounds.

But I'm wasting my time even tryna to tell yall, I get it you guys love Brown so nevermind.

Brotha, if I ever run into you at a game, the first round is on me.

Who's the leader? Hard to say when your HC doesn't let anyone be the clear #1 QB or RB. Who's our #1 WR? Don't know, we play every single one of them the same amount. Sure guys need to step up, but coaches need to let guys have opportunities. What I see is Richt wanting to have so many weapons we can't be defended...which is nice, but you start by letting a few guys be weapons not by spreading the touches out so nobody gets very many.

Also, Richt is supposed to be the fcking leader but where's he at? He can't call plays, can't make up his mind who to play. That's not leadership, that's confusion.

Kosi **** the bed, because he should be the #1 QB and unquestioned leader of this team.
Players need to earn opportunities objectively with the way they prepare, practice, and compete on weekends.

Coach Brown is part of the problem.

You Corch worshippers are always looking for some silver lining to put the blame on the players & prop the coaches up to let them off the hook, but a huge part of why there's been so much turmoil in the locker room is because the coaches don't hold everyone to the same standard. They jump on the young guys back whenever they make mistakes in practice but won't say a word to the upperclassmen, which causes the young guys to splinter off, which then divides the locker room.

The Coaches are the adults, it's literally their job to hold everyone accountable but they coddle & play favorites with certain players. The reason why myself & others don't buy what Brown is selling is because he's taking direct & indirect shots at multiple players on the team guys who don't really deserve it.

The same kids he's calling cancers are the same ones he'd be pised about if they up & decided to transfer, he needs to cut it out & practice what he preaches. He's the coach, pointing fingers at players you Coach is like being a parent & blaming your kid for being raised wrong.

I’m simple minded about this stuff. The kids are Cane family and I try not blame them. Coaches are the hired help who need to win or get fired as quickly as possible. That said, the hired help is in charge of the kids. I saw JJ grab Jerome Brown, R.I.P., by the grill and take him to the ground and chew him out for taking plays off at practice. You don’t need to nice to get respect, but you need to be good at your job and win.

I dont care what kids say on social media or if the coach bands them from it. I want coaches to win or get fired and want players to play hard or booted, but not use as an excuse for crappy coaching. And above all, when all the crappy coaching and sad a$$ play loses a bunch of games and makes fans start *****ing and booing, don’t start complaint about us because we foot the frigging bills.

A lot of these kids obviously are entitled, that’s clear... brown was telling the truth, it is what it is. Truth hurts, got to stop sugar coating it, there is no leadership on this team. Who is the leader on offense right now? That’s a big problem...

But I agree though with what another poster said , tired of hearing about what you going to do on social media and then come out and fold. Need to do less talking and back it up with Miami style football. Not just talking about the offense at this point, the defense too. I feel When they get praise they play lackadaisical far too often. Had 6:43 left on the clock and couldn’t get the offense the ball back? Where’s the heart?

What you all fell to realize is the TEAM follows THE LEAD of THE COACH.

Don’t believe me? I’ll give you the example of my beloved Chicago Bears. John Fox was the head man, a guy who was in the twilight of his career; good coach, had some solid moments but could never get over the hump (sounds familiar). By the time Chicago got him, he was worn down and those **** Bears played worn down, too.

Bears get rid of him, hire a young, energetic guy from an offensive play calling coaching tree, and those same tired Bears are lighting up the score board smoking fools.

What changed? Change in leadership, is what changed. QB looks better, WRs look better, OL looks better, defense looks better (although Mack helped w that too)...the whole culture changed.

Under Fox it was, ‘let’s grind em out and see what happens.’ Under Nagy it’s ‘Keep ur foot on the gas and don’t let up until it turns 0:00.’

Coker, Shannon, Golden and now Richt have created a very **** poor, laissez faire culture here. I still remember in 2015 all that tough talk that was going on b4 the Clemson game and during the game, you all know what happened.

So the question is who r the leaders? Where r they going to come from? Who r these older guys that r held in esteem and y r they OK w losing? I can tell u why; just like I can tell u why for the last 15 yrs...COACHES.

You call out Coker, Shannon, or Golden and not call out Richt just b/c of what he did in the past? The past is the past. Look at UGA now and look at them then. Look at the culture w Richt & look at the culture w/o Richt.

Funny, even I drunk the Kool Aid to think Kirby was winning only b/c of Richt’s players, and yet here he is WITH YOUNG GUYS going back to another SEC Championship game.

Facts.

Advertisement
Back