Randy "Macho man" Russell

i don't think miami sees russell as a drop candidate at all. i bet they really really like him. you guys who think he's a borderline take should go watch/listen to some interviews with banda and diaz about what kind of safeties they want. banda has said repeatedly that their top priority is guys who can tackle in space and who play and hit with aggression. the one thing that jumps out from russell's tape is that he tackles with an insane amount of aggression. for diaz and banda i bet taking russell was a no brainer.

this
Finally. Some guys that get it porsting here.

To play devil's advocate though, we already got 2 guys that have that Kam Chancellor feel - Derrick Smith and Amari Carter. They hit with violence and they're bigger. Finley is another bigger safety that seems to be suited for the box.

There's no quota on violent Safeties. Ideally, every one of them on your roster relishes violence. Just because Russell has bloodlust doesn't mean he's in the Kam Chancellor mode. He's not a big lumbering Safety.

Advertisement
i don't think miami sees russell as a drop candidate at all. i bet they really really like him. you guys who think he's a borderline take should go watch/listen to some interviews with banda and diaz about what kind of safeties they want. banda has said repeatedly that their top priority is guys who can tackle in space and who play and hit with aggression. the one thing that jumps out from russell's tape is that he tackles with an insane amount of aggression. for diaz and banda i bet taking russell was a no brainer.

this
Finally. Some guys that get it porsting here.

To play devil's advocate though, we already got 2 guys that have that Kam Chancellor feel - Derrick Smith and Amari Carter. They hit with violence and they're bigger. Finley is another bigger safety that seems to be suited for the box.

There's no quota on violent Safeties. Ideally, every one of them on your roster relishes violence. Just because Russell has bloodlust doesn't mean he's in the Kam Chancellor mode. He's not a big lumbering Safety.

We also need these type of athletes for special teams...

Advertisement
Back