Randy as LB coach if T-Will leaves?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Still with the Randy talk???...we gotta do better.
61D2C828-011E-4202-A802-E6A13335256E.jpeg

Lashlee goes I would look at Dorsey. Wish Dolphins would have done that.

What about ex players like Vilma or Lewis? Look, I know you want experience but how do you get experience? Position coaches who have actually played and bleed the U...

They could learn from the DC oh wait. Shoot me down I get it.
When will we ever get over this ridiculous logic that former great players will become great coaches??? It RARELY ever happens.

Advertisement
When will we ever get over this ridiculous logic that former great players will become great coaches??? It RARELY ever happens.
When open forums where there are discussions and an exchange of ideas cease to exist?

I didn't research it but I would think that most if not all of the greatest coaches at least played in college no? If so, I would think they popped up as position coaches first and didn't become head coaches straight away after graduation.

When open forums where there are discussions and an exchange of ideas cease to exist?

I didn't research it but I would think that most if not all of the greatest coaches at least played in college no? If so, I would think they popped up as position coaches first and didn't become head coaches straight away after graduation.
Does Dorsey run a spread offense or pro style? Does UM need to go back to a pro style or stay spread?

So just based solely on what former greats did on the field, you think that translates to becoming a good coach? Name some great coaches that were great players too?

it depends on the player. not all players will become great coaches off the bat or even want to put in the time. Dorsey for example has shown that he will progress up the ladder in becoming a quality coach. hes going to get an NFL OC soon and seems to be where he wants to stay.

Does Dorsey run a spread offense or pro style? Does UM need to go back to a pro style or stay spread?

So just based solely on what former greats did on the field, you think that translates to becoming a good coach? Name some great coaches that were great players too?
Nobody, including you, has a crystal ball that says who will or won't make it as a coach. If Dorsey comes in and lights it up anywhere who cares what offense he runs? Puts up 40 points a game but you outta here cause you don't run the spread like I want it. You would be in the minority on that one I think.

I never said anyone would become great coaches you just pulled that out of the air for arguments sake. I did say all great coaches were probably former players at one level or another who were given a shot, probably starting out as a position coach. I offered up a couple names off the top of my head but did not say they would be incredible...I said they could learn from the DC and having performed well as a player could probably offer some mentoring to the young kids. Miami area ties may help with recruiting. I would be fine with Shannon as he was successful here in the past and only as a position coach...A lot of people disagree and that is cool because they have valid points.

You go ahead and argue for the ex player from Truman State or something just for the sake of arguing.

Wait, it just dawned on me that I don't remember you offering any suggestions so should you really be critical of those who do? How about contributing instead of taking the easy way out while sitting on your little perch?

Advertisement
Nobody, including you, has a crystal ball that says who will or won't make it as a coach. If Dorsey comes in and lights it up anywhere who cares what offense he runs? Puts up 40 points a game but you outta here cause you don't run the spread like I want it. You would be in the minority on that one I think.

I never said anyone would become great coaches you just pulled that out of the air for arguments sake. I did say all great coaches were probably former players at one level or another who were given a shot, probably starting out as a position coach. I offered up a couple names off the top of my head but did not say they would be incredible...I said they could learn from the DC and having performed well as a player could probably offer some mentoring to the young kids. Miami area ties may help with recruiting. I would be fine with Shannon as he was successful here in the past and only as a position coach...A lot of people disagree and that is cool because they have valid points.

You go ahead and argue for the ex player from Truman State or something just for the sake of arguing.

Wait, it just dawned on me that I don't remember you offering any suggestions so should you really be critical of those who do? How about contributing instead of taking the easy way out while sitting on your little perch?
The point I'm making is that fans like yourself think we should hire a former player only because he was a good player. Good players don't make good coaches, check history. You named Ray Lewis for example, what does he know about coaching???

Pro style is played out at the college level. My point is, fans like you want to hire former players only because of what they did as players. Good players don't make good coaches, check history. Just because you could play doesn't mean you can coach. Again, name some great coaches that were great players too?

Advertisement
Fck that onion looking mfer. Keep him as far away from this program as possible. We need an infusion of new winning blood, not recycled loser blood.

Advertisement
Back