Randrecous Davis, WR

Advertisement
Maybe Kirby smart just isn't that great on the recruiting trail? It's his first job and he was busy until 1/12 with Alabama. Maybe people are looking too much into the fact that Georgia hasn't contacted him. It may not signal that they don't want him just that smart hasn't hit every recruit up yet significantly. Not everyone is hustling as hard as richt now

I'm sure Smart knows how to recruit. If the article is accurate then Smart does not want this recruit in his class, given that he has not contacted him since taking over UGA.

Sounds good, sign him up. Can we start a Go Fund Me to help the guy out and get this removed:

2016-wr-randrecous-davis-of-mays-by-michael-carvell-dsc_3351.jpg

Turn that **** into an electronics on/off button. They don't call me The Problem Solver for nothing. Then, he can just point at it when he gets a rally started.

powbutt.jpg

This would be an interesting pull. He's a nice WR, just not flashy at all and could use some work before he contributes. If we are taking five wide outs, Davis and Williams make for a nice pair to round out the class. Just finish strong with Bruce. Would love Wims, but I won't get my hopes up. He'd be our #2 WR from Day 1 though. Big upside with that kid.

Advertisement
With Wims reaffirming his commitment to UGA in an article in another thread I say we full court press this kid. I like him better then Harmon. Stove is a pipe dream but anything could happen I guess.

Davis (5-11, 169) has been committed to the Bulldogs for the past six months but the status of that pledge comes more into question with each passing day.

"I could possibly be a Bulldog but I really don't know where things are at with them," Davis said. "I feel like it's in my best interest to look at some other options just in case. I'm taking a couple visits to see what else is out there."

Davis said there's a lot to like about the Hurricanes and there are no remaining issues he's concerned about. The final step that stands between him potentially selecting them as his future home is seeing campus with his own eyes.

"Miami is definitely one of my options for the next four years but I have to experience it first before I would possibly commit," Davis said. "They answered pretty much all the questions I had on the home visit earlier this week. I asked about playing time, education, and my major. They said I would definitely have a chance to make an impact down there."

Richt, aided by new wide receivers coach Ron Dugans, didn't face any resistance in convincing Davis that he needed to set foot in Coral Gables.

"I already knew I was going to take the visit, they didn't have to push it or anything," Davis said. "They stay on me hard though, I talk to their coaches almost every day. It feels good to be getting attention like that from a great program."

Davis finished his last season of high school football with 58 catches for 1024 yards and 17 touchdowns while taking two punts back for scores.

Davis' time in South Florida this weekend will be his first official visit to any school. He figured he might as well make a big deal out of it and bring along some references.

"I got four people coming along, my mom, my two brothers, and my uncle," Davis said. "This will be the first time that we all visited a school together in a big group. I got to get a feeling for their input to see what they think about everything."

Davis has one additional trip remaining on his itinerary and then he'll sit down to face the challenge of hammering out his final destination.

"I have Miami this weekend and then I'm going to South Carolina next weekend," Davis said. "Those two are 50/50 in my eyes, it's pretty much tied. I'm going to wait until I get both those trips under my belt and then announce my final decision on signing day."

Davis' other BCS offers come from Alabama, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi State, North Carolina, and Syracuse.

Davis is a three star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 70th in the nation at his position and 38th overall in the state of Georgia.

Advertisement
Glad he's waiting until NSD to announce his decision. Gives the staff more time to get a better feel for whether we'll be able to get Richards back, somehow hang onto Bruce, and/or pull off an unexpected miracle with Stove.

Hopefully Harmon takes his time to make up his mind as well.

I've been really digging into Davis's backstory and film, and this is what I got:

- He earned his offer with a dominant performance at the UGA camp. It's no coincidence that the coaches after him the hardest (Richt, Brown and BMac) were all there.

- He has been a very productive player against top competition. As a junior, he had a breakout performance in the state title game.

- He has shifted from RB to WR as his career has progressed. He had a huge year at WR as a senior but still needs to polish his route running. You hear a lot of Percy Harvin comparisons. He may not have the same super elite speed (who does) but they are used in similar ways.

- Well-liked kid who comes from the Bankhead area of Atlanta.

I've been really digging into Davis's backstory and film, and this is what I got:

- He earned his offer with a dominant performance at the UGA camp. It's no coincidence that the coaches after him the hardest (Richt, Brown and BMac) were all there.

- He has been a very productive player against top competition. As a junior, he had a breakout performance in the state title game.

- He has shifted from RB to WR as his career has progressed. He had a huge year at WR as a senior but still needs to polish his route running. You hear a lot of Percy Harvin comparisons. He may not have the same super elite speed (who does) but they are used in similar ways.

I can see that a little bit. I said his play style reminds me some of Jarvis Landry.

He looks like he'll be able to put on good weight without losing speed/quickness based on his build. Can see him being extremely tough after the catch.

What you know about Bankhead dmoney? Lol.....

Kid is good though I'll take him. But not over Richards or wims

If we finish with
Bruce
Richards
Mullins
Williams
Davis
Which is extremely likely I'm estatic with that

Advertisement
Got to watch that South Carolina visit, they have a lot of kids from Atlanta and the surrounding areas as well as coach BMac at the school now

What you know about Bankhead dmoney? Lol.....

Kid is good though I'll take him. But not over Richards or wims

If we finish with
Bruce
Richards
Mullins
Williams
Davis
Which is extremely likely I'm estatic with that

No WR is a take over Richards. He's the best WR we're recruiting.

Fck McClendon and South Carolina. Any WR who chooses to play for Muscrap, who is to offense what Folden was to defense, with no QB instead of catching passes from Kaaya and working under an offensive guru (Richt) is an absolute moron who will be too stupid to learn any offense.

Advertisement
I have no problems with this guy coming in, and being given a shot at RB... Probably isn't better than most the WR's we'll take in our 16' class...

But the kid looks like he could possibly challenge Homer for playing time at RB!! Heck, we 're looking soft @ RB anyways!!

Kid runs strong, hands will be an asset out of the backfield, shows cutting ability - TAKE

If he is the real deal like DMONEY is saying, he can play right away AND has a top QB feedin him the ball AND has good long relationship with the coaches. SC has nothing comparable except for one coach. Muschamp is not noted for offense, developing receivers or putting them in the pros... I think we look good for this kid

Bmac went to Mays as well so perhaps some bond between them. I would be interesting to see the Stephenson vs Mays game. Stephenson won but then let a freshman QB complete 15 passes to the same receiver the next week. I'm curious why Mays could score more points. Then again maybe just a fluke because Mays blasted their first playoff team.

Also the same Stephenson played American Heritage so that might help compare film.

I have no problems with this guy coming in, and being given a shot at RB... Probably isn't better than most the WR's we'll take in our 16' class...

But the kid looks like he could possibly challenge Homer for playing time at RB!! Heck, we 're looking soft @ RB anyways!!

Kid runs strong, hands will be an asset out of the backfield, shows cutting ability - TAKE

surely you're not serious?

we have yearby who set all kinds of dade county records, we have mark walton, we have travis homer who is going to be a great back, gus edwards and trayone gray

you're saying he has better chance in that bunch of rbs than against

berrios, langham, lewis, jones, and whoever we bring in at wr?

Advertisement
Back