Random thoughts... a change in strategy???

This is creating a thread to create a stir veiled as insight. - One of the reasons that people get frustrated with this recruiting forum, Tex, Peter, etc.

I think there are some obvious things at play with the early recruits rather than a change in strategy.
- McD and Linder are family and wanted to get on board early
- Sony and Lane are two of top recruits in the country
- Yearby and Cook are also top players at their positions, both previously committed to other schools, both position of need

They are all local talent that happen to be on offense and the staff has been on all of them from day one - NOT -- I think we will focus on offense and SFL early this year and then look elsewhere. The staff has also been offering players from California and the Northeast for months now - on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
This is creating a thread to create a stir veiled as insight. - One of the reasons that people get frustrated with this recruiting forum, Tex, Peter, etc.

I think there are some obvious things at play with the early recruits rather than a change in strategy.
- McD and Linder are family and wanted to get on board early
- Sony and Lane are two of top recruits in the country
- Yearby and Cook are also top players at their positions, both previously committed to other schools, both position of need

They are all local talent that happen to be on offense and the staff has been on all of them from day one - NOT -- I think we will focus on offense and SFL early this year and then look elsewhere. The staff has also been offering players from California and the Northeast for months now - on both sides of the ball.

Standing by my previous post, and agreeing with most of your points....

I do not see the same desire to stir the pot that you have by the OP. I don't agree with him, but I don't think he's baiting with this conversation. Don't think he works that way.

no mention of Allen Bailey from GA?! perhaps his was lil different being on a secluded island.

Defense side of the ball all of these athletes down here see the SEC and how they flourish, offense not so much in SEC which may be a factor

Whoa whoa whoa.

So our staff is now recruiting across the country? And on BOTH sides of the ball???

Amazing.

Advertisement
There has been nothing to suggest that we are not going as hard after the SoFl kids as we have been. We already got most of our fishing lines out in SOFl, so we are just waiting for our top targets here to take the bait. doesn't mean that we are calling or visiting these kids any more or less than we were before.

As for the OOS kids, it appears that Golden and staff have identified the positions (DT, DE, QB, LB) in which South Florida might not be able to provide us with
the quality of athlete (in depth) we are looking for so Golden and staff are looking OOS to provide us with a greater number of quality options there.

Destructobott.. I never said we weren't going hard after So. Fla. kids. We just went after them first this year. And I agree with everything else you point out. Chill.

Chill? WTF are you talking about?

You said we have "SHIFTED from recruiting near home to Georgia and surrounding states". Doesn't the word "shifted" suggest that our attention and efforts have been diverted away from one place and more towards another?

Tex may **** the bed more often then not, or better said his pampers, but he's spot on here and you're being a douche to be douche... Lay of gramps, he actually stumbled upon some useful points for the first time in his expired time on this earth

So "being a douche" is disagreeing with his contention that we have shifted our focus away from our local kids and towards the OOS kids?

No, being a "douche" is referring to the guy as "gramps" while at the same time belittling his contribution to this board and the time and effort he's put into it (whether you find his contributions to be useful or not). I think you're probably the douche.

OK guys, settle down. If distructobutt read my post that way, then it was my bad for not being clear. The point I was trying, albeit poorly, was that last year UM went after OOS prospects first and So. Fla prospects later. It appears we have reversed that strategy this year with very good results. I shouldn't write after midnight! Sorry for the confusion.

There has been nothing to suggest that we are not going as hard after the SoFl kids as we have been. We already got most of our fishing lines out in SOFl, so we are just waiting for our top targets here to take the bait. doesn't mean that we are calling or visiting these kids any more or less than we were before.

As for the OOS kids, it appears that Golden and staff have identified the positions (DT, DE, QB, LB) in which South Florida might not be able to provide us with
the quality of athlete (in depth) we are looking for so Golden and staff are looking OOS to provide us with a greater number of quality options there.

Destructobott.. I never said we weren't going hard after So. Fla. kids. We just went after them first this year. And I agree with everything else you point out. Chill.

Chill? WTF are you talking about?

You said we have "SHIFTED from recruiting near home to Georgia and surrounding states". Doesn't the word "shifted" suggest that our attention and efforts have been diverted away from one place and more towards another?

Tex may **** the bed more often then not, or better said his pampers, but he's spot on here and you're being a douche to be douche... Lay of gramps, he actually stumbled upon some useful points for the first time in his expired time on this earth

So "being a douche" is disagreeing with his contention that we have shifted our focus away from our local kids and towards the OOS kids?

No, being a "douche" is referring to the guy as "gramps" while at the same time belittling his contribution to this board and the time and effort he's put into it (whether you find his contributions to be useful or not). I think you're probably the douche.

being a douche is distorting what he's stating in a way that supports your argument, douche!

He's not saying that we're shifting our focus away from local kids, but that this year we focused on local kids first then moved on to assess OOS prospects after, which is where we are now. And is supported by the fact that all our commitments are local kids....

and you must be new around here if you're referring to me "belittling his contribution to this board"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back