Randall Thrill Hill Tweet.

tumblr_mr3aiffuDD1ratp11o1_400.gif
What I would give for those refs to have been Mic'd up.

Advertisement
And that's pretty much why I'm not putting too much stock in what former players right now. It's because they want success so badly that they get excited about the possibilities with every new hire...I get excited about it too. Like I said, I think it's great that these guys stay involved in a way players from other schools don't. I just don't think they're basing their opinions on anything more than I am at this point. Hill and I are both excited about what might be, but neither of us have much to go on as yet.

For what it's worth, he and I were at Miami at the same time. I was on campus for wide right I and the cotton bowl. Thrill Hill will always be a star to me.
Thrill Hill is such a schitzoid .Just listen to him talk is exhausting.

At no other time has any new coach been so aggressive at changing things...this transfer portal has been incredible and Manny has absolutely killed it getting tons of talent. If anyone can't see the difference they are blind...incredible things are happening plus we saw his ability to coach a defense even though we had a bum offense.

Advertisement
Pretty sure the people who claim talent isn’t the issue are thinking in terms of UMs competition. Not in terms of ability to compete w playoff teams.

When UM loses to Duke and UVA, it’s not a talent issue.
And yet no one with two functioning grey cells disagrees on that topic, so why all these threads comparing our talent to Alabama’s? All that dedicated to reeducating brain dead retards?

Advertisement
And yet no one with two functioning grey cells disagrees on that topic, so why all these threads comparing our talent to Alabama’s? All that dedicated to reeducating brain dead retards?
Who has posted talent comparisons directly aimed at Alabaga? Alabaga is on every NFL talent list because they’ve clearly signed the most talent over the last ten years. Most of the other teams on those nfl talent posts have performed better than us too. The problem is all the teams nowhere near us on those lists that beat us every year.

Advertisement
Who has posted talent comparisons directly aimed at Alabaga? Alabaga is on every NFL talent list because they’ve clearly signed the most talent over the last ten years. Most of the other teams on those nfl talent posts have performed better than us too. The problem is all the teams nowhere near us on those lists that beat us every year.
We agree on that. It’s indisputable. We have had four awful corches in a row, and awful corches tend to be bad at multiple aspects of their jobs. I know I’m a broken record on this topic, but talent acquisition has been a major flaw of our teams the past four corches, not just scheme, game planning, play calling, S&C and technique.

It’s not disproven by some nfl players. Our rosters, top to bottom, have been a mess. Coker gave out >30 scholrships in ‘04 and got one good player out of the entire group. That is more than a third of our roster, wasted. He also started the ignore, ignore, overreact pattern of position recruiting that has led to imbalances and lack of competition and productivity ever since. Shannon had his flaws, Gluten his, and Mark Richt didn’t even bother try to fill the roster.

All I’m saying is if we want to compete with the best in cfb, we need to get back to depth, balance, and serious competition. For me, it has nothing to do with stars, though they have their purpose. It’s about evaluations, finding the right tough, competitive kids and never settling for the stephen pleins, brandon loftus, jermain barton, andrew tallman et al reaches just because our staph has no ideas and no backup plans. I am optimistic manny gets it, because he went out and turned over stones to find new kids. Good.

But to answer your question, we have seen comparisons to alabama talent on this site recently. Sure, tossed out there like a moltov ****tail without comment for deniability. But still, out there. Meanwhile, our old first round pick count lives in Tuscaloosa these days. We struggle to put guys in the top 2 rounds. That should tell folks a lot about our talent drop off.

We need to get better at all aspects of the program. I like what I’m seeing on additional analyst and support resources. Like the change of direction on S&C. Let’s just keep at it.

At no other time has any new coach been so aggressive at changing things...this transfer portal has been incredible and Manny has absolutely killed it getting tons of talent. If anyone can't see the difference they are blind...incredible things are happening plus we saw his ability to coach a defense even though we had a bum offense.

Advertisement
I never have nor will I ever visit another fan board. So I can't claim to know what fans of other teams say and do amongst themselves on said boards. But I can't imagine another fan base being more combative among themselves than cane fans. Sometimes this board is just miserable to visit because of the constant **** measuring that takes place in every thread. To an outsider we must look like a huge bag of douche rags. This board is just plain depressing sometimes. Dammm!

I never have nor will I ever visit another fan board. So I can't claim to know what fans of other teams say and do amongst themselves on said boards. But I can't imagine another fan base being more combative among themselves than cane fans. Sometimes this board is just miserable to visit because of the constant **** measuring that takes place in every thread. To an outsider we must look like a huge bag of douche rags. This board is just plain depressing sometimes. Dammm!

Serious question - do you go to games? Hang around the parking lot and tailgate before the game? And if so, how long have you been doing it?

Serious question - do you go to games? Hang around the parking lot and tailgate before the game? And if so, how long have you been doing it?

I'll play your silly game because you are one of the few people here I respect and enjoy your posts in agreement for the most part. Yes I do go to games on a regular basis every year and have been doing so since the 90s. I've been a cane long enough to remember the first title JJ won back in the 80s. Canes at the games and tailgates are fantastic. It's just the CIS group that often leaves me scratching my head.

Advertisement
Back