Randall Thrill Hill Tweet.

Advertisement
You think federal agents make good money bro? They do decent, but not great by any means. No idea what his wife does and I really don't care. Relax and find a way to sense sarcasm every once in a while.

Based on this, I'll guess most federal agents make a **** of a lot more than you do.

They also get great benefits, and a serious pension.

You sound like a moron throwing these rocks.

Advertisement
I'm optimistic right now, but come on. Every time we get a new coach all the former players come out of the woodwork to talk about what a great job the guy is going to do. I get that they're fans like us and subject to the same optimism, but I just don't see how what they think is any more valid than what I think. They've got about the same track record as I do at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad these guys speak up and show up...even now kids know who these guys are and it looks good for Miami to have them around. I'm just taking them with a grain of salt these days. They get to see more than I do, but they don't know much more than me at this point. It's when sht falls apart that they know more than me. They see that coming before I do.
What Manny has done and is doing wasn’t done by no other coach in the 2000’s.

Last edited:
I'm hyped but we do have a standard and now to hit it is killing it from down until week 1 in the gym, film room and all around to get better. We need to consistently be great again and college football needs it too so we can't talk about it ws need to show we're here to stay and that's how it should be

I'm optimistic right now, but come on. Every time we get a new coach all the former players come out of the woodwork to talk about what a great job the guy is going to do. I get that they're fans like us and subject to the same optimism, but I just don't see how what they think is any more valid than what I think. They've got about the same track record as I do at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad these guys speak up and show up...even now kids know who these guys are and it looks good for Miami to have them around. I'm just taking them with a grain of salt these days. They get to see more than I do, but they don't know much more than me at this point. It's when sht falls apart that they know more than me. They see that coming before I do.

I disagree with this take. I see what you're saying, but I think you're wrong as to the reason. The players actually played on the team. They actually went to the University. Across the board, players are more supportive than your average fan. They want success in a way that isn't as selfish as people who didn't live it. There's an element of coach-speak to it. I'm sure Thrill means it in this case, and is less subject to the capricious nature of supporting the shiny new object. But ultimately they get the importance of supporting the program, because they've been there and recognize the value of the support.

Advertisement
Based on this, I'll guess most federal agents make a **** of a lot more than you do.

They also get great benefits, and a serious pension.

You sound like a moron throwing these rocks.

Nice try man but you got it all backwards. I wasn't taking a jab at federal agents. I have a few homies who are. A few that I served with became federal agents after they got out. Judging from your post i'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of it all than you do. In fact I know I do. Funny how all of this started as a joke, then a few homers get defensive, having to act like they know what they're talking about. Relax man. Don't start assuming ****, you know what that does...

I disagree with this take. I see what you're saying, but I think you're wrong as to the reason. The players actually played on the team. They actually went to the University. Across the board, players are more supportive than your average fan. They want success in a way that isn't as selfish as people who didn't live it. There's an element of coach-speak to it. I'm sure Thrill means it in this case, and is less subject to the capricious nature of supporting the shiny new object. But ultimately they get the importance of supporting the program, because they've been there and recognize the value of the support.

And that's pretty much why I'm not putting too much stock in what former players right now. It's because they want success so badly that they get excited about the possibilities with every new hire...I get excited about it too. Like I said, I think it's great that these guys stay involved in a way players from other schools don't. I just don't think they're basing their opinions on anything more than I am at this point. Hill and I are both excited about what might be, but neither of us have much to go on as yet.

For what it's worth, he and I were at Miami at the same time. I was on campus for wide right I and the cotton bowl. Thrill Hill will always be a star to me.

Nice try man but you got it all backwards. I wasn't taking a jab at federal agents. I have a few homies who are. A few that I served with became federal agents after they got out. Judging from your post i'm pretty sure I have a better grasp of it all than you do. In fact I know I do. Funny how all of this started as a joke, then a few homers get defensive, having to act like they know what they're talking about. Relax man. Don't start assuming ****, you know what that does...

LMAO says the dude who's post was exactly making myopic and asinine assumptions. But I'm sure you know a ton more about it than I do. As a professional investment manager, understanding how and to what degree people (specifically, professionals) are compensated is way out of my element.

Assuming is making an *** out of one of us and I know it's not me.

Advertisement
LMAO says the dude who's post was exactly making myopic and asinine assumptions. But I'm sure you know a ton more about it than I do. As a professional investment manager, understanding how and to what degree people (specifically, professionals) are compensated is way out of my element.

Assuming is making an *** out of one of us and I know it's not me.
It's all good man. Sounds like your profession makes you an expert on pretty much everything. I guess the important thing is defining "decent" & "great" since that's my original post on the matter. I'm not here to go back and forth with anyone, especially those who can't sense sarcasm to begin with and wants to keep b!tching back & forth.

Haven't bothered to look up which old poster this is, but easily growing as one of my favorites. Every dog has his day, huh, Mel?

Haha haha. Epic situational quote reference. Lmao. Well played, sir

Advertisement
Needless to say he’s “thrilled” 😬

Advertisement
Back