Ran into Brett Romberg today

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
At a restaurant in Orlando. I looked over at this guy sitting with his wife and kids and he had this UM Tee on and a ball cap with UM colors. So I go up to ask him about his hat and he says" it's not a Miami hat but it matches my t-shirt " Very friendly and down to earth. So as soon as he started to answer me I recognized him and I say " Brett Romberg?". He says yes shakes my hand and starts talking UM. He asks me what I thought of the FSU loss and I told him pretty much what I posted last night in Rated G terms obviously because of his family. I said Brett, "What kind of coach thinks he is going to win a goal line stand from the 2 inch line instead of letting them score?" He just laughs and says Manny Diaz does. Then he starts ripping Manny for the 4th and 14 and we talk about that for a second. I asked him if he has heard anything about Diaz and he told me that Diaz will be gone at the end of the season. I asked him if he was positive and he said yes definitely. Didn't have time to get into Blake James or coaching names because he was with the family. Super nice guy. Great personality with a great sense of humor. That's about it. Thought I'd share

Last edited:
Advertisement
At a restaurant in Orlando. I looked over at this guy sitting with his wife and kids and he had this UM Tee on and the ball cap with UM colors. So I go up to ask him about his hat and he says" it's not a Miami hat but it matches my t-shirt " Very friendly and down to earth. So as soon as he started to answer me I recognized him and I say " Brett Romberg?". He says yes shakes my hand and starts talking UM. He asks me what I thought of the FSU loss and I told him pretty much what I posted last night in Rated G terms obviously because of his family. I said Brett, "What kind of coach thinks he is going to win a goal line stand from the 2 inch line instead of letting them score?" He just laughs and says Manny Diaz does. Then he starts ripping Manny for the 4th and 14 and we talk about that for a second. I asked him if he has heard anything about Diaz and he told me that Diaz will be gone at the end of the season. I asked him if he was positive and he said yes definitely. Didn't have time to get into Blake James or coaching names because he was with the family. Super nice guy. Great personality with a great sense of humor. That's about it. Thought I'd share
Thank you for sharing.
I think everybody knows he is gone. We were hoping sooner than later though. It doesn't help the program in anyway to wait more than the next business day after FSU loss.

abandon thread 2.gif

At a restaurant in Orlando. I looked over at this guy sitting with his wife and kids and he had this UM Tee on and the ball cap with UM colors. So I go up to ask him about his hat and he says" it's not a Miami hat but it matches my t-shirt " Very friendly and down to earth. So as soon as he started to answer me I recognized him and I say " Brett Romberg?". He says yes shakes my hand and starts talking UM. He asks me what I thought of the FSU loss and I told him pretty much what I posted last night in Rated G terms obviously because of his family. I said Brett, "What kind of coach thinks he is going to win a goal line stand from the 2 inch line instead of letting them score?" He just laughs and says Manny Diaz does. Then he starts ripping Manny for the 4th and 14 and we talk about that for a second. I asked him if he has heard anything about Diaz and he told me that Diaz will be gone at the end of the season. I asked him if he was positive and he said yes definitely. Didn't have time to get into Blake James or coaching names because he was with the family. Super nice guy. Great personality with a great sense of humor. That's about it. Thought I'd share
Romberg has been skeptical of Manny from day one. He’s been pushing for manny to get canned for a long time.

Advertisement

I graduated UM with BR and have stayed in touch with him, he's a great guy. When he doesn't know, or is unsure, he doesn't answer. He's as authentic as it gets.

Advertisement
i did a little refresh research and was balled over (pun intended) by the fact Canes were 35-2 when he was Center. Wow.
Those 2 losses were by 5 pts @Washington 29-34 in 2000 and the 2OT Fiesta Bowl Fiasco National Championship Game in 2003 that was literally stolen from us 24-31 by The Ohio Taint

What is even more interesting and impressive is that those 2 losses were Bookends with 34 straight wins in between. The other win was against McNeese St to open the 2000 season before going on the road to Washington. Now that was a team. The guys on those teams would have tied Manny up to one of the Orange Bowl goal posts and left him there and that's no joke.

Advertisement
Why do you torture us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back