Rambo to Miami!!!!!

Anyone know where to get data on WR Targets for CFB? I'd love to compare his drop % to that of Harley/Pope/Wiggins.

Advertisement
Miami cooled on him after evaluating

Yeah, I figured as much. It want from "offer me" to radio silence, and that was before some of the bigger names entered the portal.

But there's always a handful of Miami porsters who will choose to be contrarians, telling us tall tales about "the one that got away".

167AF31C-38C4-4805-B929-54CEC5110820.gif

Mike Harley is better imo still a plus but I don’t think he’s going to do more at Miami than what he did at Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Ou got a lot of receivers and I think he’s tryna be the man
I alluded to this in another post, but I think he sees a real opportunity at UM. High profile team that always gathers media attention. Good recent track record with success for portal kids. Absolute position of need. A Heisman trophy candidate at QB. A fantastic, famous, destination place to live in between games. A school with as much tradition as the one you're leaving. It makes a ton of sense. A win-win for everyone.

AND, this will hopefully amp up competition in the WR room and will lead to better play as a unit.

Advertisement
Just a FYI;

Spoke to a buddy of mine who played b-ball for OU back in the 80’s & is good friends w/ Switzer. He said Rambo got his lunch taken by true freshman Mims & it was due to work ethic. Said Rambo will give u some amazing moments & then he would just loaf. Said Riley, Gundy & Simmons used to get on him for half a$$ing.

He assumes his breakout sophomore yr was more/less manufactured by the attention Lamb was getting, and when he was supposed to be WR1 this yr, he disappointed. He said if we can keep him motivated, we are getting a good one, but don’t look for him to be a WR1 type.

I told him he can’t be no worst than what we have behind our WR1, so he should be a good WR2 at least. His reply? “Who’s ur WR1?” 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just a FYI;

Spoke to a buddy of mine who played b-ball for OU back in the 80’s & is good friends w/ Switzer. He said Rambo got his lunch taken by true freshman Mims & it was due to work ethic. Said Rambo will give u some amazing moments & then he would just loaf. Said Riley, Gundy & Simmons used to get on him for half a$$ing.

He assumes his breakout sophomore yr was more/less manufactured by the attention Lamb was getting, and when he was supposed to be WR1 this yr, he disappointed. He said if we can keep him motivated, we are getting a good one, but don’t look for him to be a WR1 type.

I told him he can’t be no worst than what we have behind our WR1, so he should be a good WR2 at least. His reply? “Who’s ur WR1?” 🤷🏾‍♂️
Well, this is his chance to focus for the next 11 months so he can make it in the league. If he half-asses it here, then it's a **** shame and he's wasting a fresh start that is teed up for his large success. I'll hope he takes this professional approach until I see otherwise. NFL teams will be watching and listening - let's hope he knows that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So there are only 2 schools in the country that could have offered him?

Again, maybe he was #1 on the Miami board at one point, but others have entered the portal. If you are trying to build the argument why the Montana WR was a take over Rambo, I'm just pointing out that he doesn't seem to have a ton of other prospects, outside of the Midwest's biggest ongoing tire fire.

If there was a bidding war for the Montana kid, just let me know.
I am saying Rambos film didn’t impress me. I used the Montana kid as an example, not to change the conversation into whether we should’ve taken Toure over Rambo.

Another 6’1 guy with mediocre production, even coming from a WR friendly offense that produces Heisman candidates on a regular basis. This is not the guy I would’ve went after, especially after Harley decided to come back. Similar players, and Harley knows the offense and culture.

I don’t know who else is in the portal or what our other options were. But 6’1 with film that doesn’t show him attacking the ball... I have to think we could’ve done better. That’s all I’m saying.

Yeah, I figured as much. It want from "offer me" to radio silence, and that was before some of the bigger names entered the portal.

But there's always a handful of Miami porsters who will choose to be contrarians, telling us tall tales about "the one that got away".
I’m a porster bc Rambo’s film didn’t impress me. Okay then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back