Rambo / Bowl Game

Advertisement
As long as they keep making money for the networks and the schools, they’ll keep playing shltty bowls.

The bowls are just ****ty filler for late December, when all the regular shows are in re-runs. If advertisers would pony up more money, you'd see ESPN airing "The World Series of Cornhole" every year from December 20 to January 4 instead of crappy bowl games.

Plus, the numbers for an expanded playoff are gonna dwarf the bowl money. You can fill more hours with fifth tier bowl games, but the "bounce rate" on title sponsors is insane, and the ad rates aren't overwhelming either.

The bowls are just ****ty filler for late December, when all the regular shows are in re-runs. If advertisers would pony up more money, you'd see ESPN airing "The World Series of Cornhole" every year from December 20 to January 4 instead of crappy bowl games.

Plus, the numbers for an expanded playoff are gonna dwarf the bowl money. You can fill more hours with fifth tier bowl games, but the "bounce rate" on title sponsors is insane, and the ad rates aren't overwhelming either.

I posted this elsewhere, but pretty sure that a ball game will generate more profit/revenue than the usual December late afternoon filler. If they can make more money with another plug-in filler then they’d do that. Don’t forget the motivation for the schools being paid as well.

Advertisement
Is he a 2nd rd guy? He would benefit to come back another year.

It’s going to be tough for him;

U have
Olave (65 rec 934 yrds 13 TDs) - OSU
JWilliams ( 61 rec 1261 13 TDs) -Bama
Metchie (90 rec 1045 yrds 7 TDs) - Bama
Burks (66 rec 1104 yrds 11 TDs - HUGE HANDS) -Arkansas
London (88 rec 1084 yrds 7 TDs - 6’5) - USC Wilson (70 rec 1058 yrds 12 TDs) - OSU
Dotson (91 rec 1,182 yrds 12 TDs) - PSU

All ahead of him on the latest mock draft boards I’ve peeped. This is a deep draft for WRs; I can see Rambo b/c of inconsistent hands, slight frame & a limited route tree get drafted in the 4th - 5th round, honestly.

U have
London (88 rec 1084 yrds 7 TDs - 6’5) - USC Wilson (70 rec 1058 yrds 12 TDs) - OSU

All ahead of him on the latest mock draft boards I’ve peeped. This is a deep draft for WRs; I can see Rambo b/c of inconsistent hands, slight frame & a limited route tree get drafted in the 4th - 5th round, honestly.
Olave isn't even the highest rated receiver at Ohio State. Garrett Wilson is expected to be drafted higher than Olave (if he comes out)

Advertisement

U have

Get drafted when you are at your highest value. I can’t see him duplicating this year and moving up the board in 2023.
Thank you snd good luck!

Don’t you enjoy watching cfb more than whatever they’re gonna air? Never understood the “too many bowl games” argument. I just enjoy watching cfb. The more games the better for me. Especially in a time where basically no one is working and if you are you’re half assing it.

Advertisement
I'm so tired of all these guys opting out. imagine if the 1st and 2nd round guys opted out in 2000-2002. Play the fùckin game and don't let your team down.
I hate it as well, but understand it. And the 00-02 teams had a bit more to play for though.

Olave isn't even the highest rated receiver at Ohio State. Garrett Wilson is expected to be drafted higher than Olave (if he comes out)

What does that have to do w/ him being higher rated than Rambo? Lol. I wasn’t putting guys in a particular order. I was just mentioning the guys who r above Rambo right now. Lol.

Advertisement
I selfishly want Rambo to play because I want the Canes to win a bowl game and he improves the team’s chances. Written like a true fan, right?

3 weeks ago I was telling Kyle Hamilton (ND safety) and his dad that he would be crazy to play in their bowl game, especially because Kyle had a meniscus tear. In this case I cared only about the best interest of the player and nothing about the school.

Same person (me) wanting the exact opposite outcome because both suited by pesonal interests. People are all selfish.

I get not playing in a bowl if you are a projected top 10 pick. But he might only play a handful of football games for the rest of his life. Not trying to be negative and I hope he succeeds… but a lot of these kids skip out on bowl games, spend the next few years on a practice squad, play half of a season of Canadian football and decide to hang it up.

As a former college athlete (albeit with no shot of going pro) I can’t imagine voluntarily sitting out one of my last few games. For every kid who got hurt in a bowl game there are 10 kids who played, balled out and then went on to success at the next level. That mindset is a strong indicator of the guys who ultimately make it. A lot of the blame can be directed towards their advisors/agents who don’t want to risk their meal tickets… I digress

The CFP has changed the bowl games' importance. I see it more as a chance to see what next year's starters are going to look like since it's a meaningless game for most.

If Rambo doesn't play, then more time for the Smiffs.

Advertisement
Back