Raising Canes: Another Level of Duke Johnson

Sad how our own fans bash this kid. Truly.

He's not the Second Coming as some proclaimed but he is a god**** gifted football player and a **** fine young man. Zero trouble, all production.

Cant. Wait.

Beside the injury he's been everything. I could've asked for, one of my all time favorite canes!

even the injury was a freak deal. But yeah he got banged up but the added size should help that. He runs so violently, he just didn't have quite the size to deal with it yet. Shouldn't be a problem now.

Advertisement
keeptrollin is the only one who bashes Duke... Duke is probly the owbly reasin I renewed my season tix this year

Duke goin off on twitter right now about being loyal to the city that made you..... Dukes gonna have an unreal season. Praying he stays healthy

He's not the Second Coming as some proclaimed but he is a god**** gifted football player and a **** fine young man. Zero trouble, all production.

Cant. Wait.

Beside the injury he's been everything. I could've asked for, one of my all time favorite canes!

even the injury was a freak deal. But yeah he got banged up but the added size should help that. He runs so violently, he just didn't have quite the size to deal with it yet. Shouldn't be a problem now.

as someone who's mostly just a reader, i want to jump in at this point and make sure that we're on the same page that almost zero cane fans have ever bashed duke? truly? too much cane on cane hate going around, no need to fabricate stuff smh

keeptrollin is the only one who bashes Duke... Duke is probly the owbly reasin I renewed my season tix this year
Congrats on getting your season tickets. Gators or Noles?
310.gif

Advertisement

Cant. Wait.

as someone who's mostly just a reader, i want to jump in at this point and make sure that we're on the same page that almost zero cane fans have ever bashed duke? truly? too much cane on cane hate going around, no need to fabricate stuff smh

I guess I am the only one that remembers the stupid *** **** people say during games about our players.

**** it. I don't give a **** if I'm the only one. I agree though I don't want to turn this into one of those threads.

Cant. Wait.

Im wondering. Second coming of what? He's a great player along the lines of Canes Greats Gore, Edge, McGahee, Portis, etc.

Take that in a heart beat. Kid had almost 1000 yards rushing through only half of a season. Not to mention didn't finish the unc, fsu and usf games. And sat out early from Savannah St game. Duke was in the top tier for yardage and average before he went down.

His loss was huge to this team. Really think he would have altered our season a bit if he was able to play still. Plays with his heart and his career is far from over. With the circumstances of the offense this year too, we could be looking at some record breaking by Duke. He will get tons of touches. He's well up in the record books already. Dare I say if he stays for his senior year and healthy, possibly have the best total career of any back who came here.

Duke was on pace for about 1400-1500 just rushing and probably 12 TDs or even more. This is not even factoring he missed time in games like FSU, UNC, SVU, and USF. ****, Duke was ready to kill UNC, looking like he was on pace for over 200+. And against FSU really looked like one of the few players for us who had a pulse.

And of any back returning in college ball with 300 carries or more. Duke averages the most yards per touch. We have a SPECIAL player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good ****. Not just his production, but as you alluded to, this team sorely lacked leadership. Duke is the guy that will get you that yard. Anyone who has played at any level knows when you have a guy willing to give his body up for a yard, it inspires you to play harder. The linemen block harder (not saying they don't normally try). But it's his infectious positive attitude that really propels him to what could be a legendary career here.

For real. That stiff arm is going to get outlawed this year after he dislocates some jaws.

If there was ever a player on your favorite team that required you to forget about being objective and instead go overboard with praise like a real fan(anatic) should, it'd be Duke Freakin Johnson. Are there a lot of Miami fans that bash him? I don't think so. But there does seem to be a good amount of Miami fans that try to downplay him a bit as a player or feel the need to come in and be "objective" or "keep it real." Whatever. This cat could have went anywhere in the **** country and committed to us as a junior. We then proceeded to go 7-6 and 6-6, fired our coach, and got rocked with a scandal of allegations of improper benefits from our own booster yet the kid never wavered. This kid can do no wrong in my book. You guys joke and call Olsen Baby Jesus. Duke Freakin Johnson should be Baby Jesus to anyone that calls themselves a Miami Hurricanes fan.

Last edited:
I put on for my city by Young jeezy is actually written, based upon, and performed by Randy "Duke" Johnson Jr.

Hearing it from him that he's faster with the added size and strength is encouraging as ****. Can't wait to see that.

Good for him.

Advertisement

Cant. Wait.

Im wondering. Second coming of what? He's a great player along the lines of Canes Greats Gore, Edge, McGahee, Portis, etc.

Take that in a heart beat. Kid had almost 1000 yards rushing through only half of a season. Not to mention didn't finish the unc, fsu and usf games. And sat out early from Savannah St game. Duke was in the top tier for yardage and average before he went down.

His loss was huge to this team. Really think he would have altered our season a bit if he was able to play still. Plays with his heart and his career is far from over. With the circumstances of the offense this year too, we could be looking at some record breaking by Duke. He will get tons of touches. He's well up in the record books already. Dare I say if he stays for his senior year and healthy, possibly have the best total career of any back who came here.

Duke was on pace for about 1400-1500 just rushing and probably 12 TDs or even more. This is not even factoring he missed time in games like FSU, UNC, SVU, and USF. ****, Duke was ready to kill UNC, looking like he was on pace for over 200+. And against FSU really looked like one of the few players for us who had a pulse.

And of any back returning in college ball with 300 carries or more. Duke averages the most yards per touch. We have a SPECIAL player.

I agree with this. I think he is definitely (or will be) in the group with those guys listed. Put him with some of those teams/lines and he would be even better then he is now. Not his fault that the team isn't that good.

I know their was concern about the 40 he ran in spring. The 4.5 but as Duke said he wasn't running around since November that's a mighty long time.

At this stage, now he's actually healthy and conditioned and running everyday. Duke should be running in the 4.4s. I wouldn't expect a 4.3 again with the added bulk but mid to low 4.4s is where he should be now, that he's healthy.

Last spring he had tested at 4.38 in the 40. For him to come back off that horrible injury and test a 4.5 with no running or conditioning from November till spring is unreal.

I think Duke truly is ready for one very special season.

The blend of speed, strength, the stiff arm, vision, his strong legs to push the pile and his determination and leadership. We are blessed to have this young man. I would bet on it too, that he will be playing on Sundays as well. He has the IT factor.

Last edited:
I said this before, but it's very rare to see a rb with high school highlights,that are seemingly from a video game, come to college and be the same type of player.
We knew from his first game that he was special.
Truly an elite back.

With our qb situation and Coley, Dorsett, Lewis, Scott as wr's keeping the safeties deep, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke get 20 carries a game.
If he stays healthy for 12 games, the ACCCG and then the national semifinal and the championship game, how many yards will he get?

He will smash the UM record held by Willis and, being healthy, would have a good chance to bust 2000 yards rushing and 3000 total yards.

Yeah, I'm a homer, but I drove around the other day thinking about this, and I envisioned Duke averaging 200 rushing yards a game over 15 games and breaking Barry Sanders' single season record.

Advertisement
I said this before, but it's very rare to see a rb with high school highlights,that are seemingly from a video game, come to college and be the same type of player.
We knew from his first game that he was special.
Truly an elite back.

With our qb situation and Coley, Dorsett, Lewis, Scott as wr's keeping the safeties deep, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke get 20 carries a game.
If he stays healthy for 12 games, the ACCCG and then the national semifinal and the championship game, how many yards will he get?

He will smash the UM record held by Willis and, being healthy, would have a good chance to bust 2000 yards rushing and 3000 total yards.

Yeah, I'm a homer, but I drove around the other day thinking about this, and I envisioned Duke averaging 200 rushing yards a game over 15 games and breaking Barry Sanders' single season record.

I could see that. He basically only played 4-5 total games and had just under a grand. Healthy all year with help. 1600-1800 easy. Not even being a homer

First college game. On the road. Against a conference opponent. Team down 14-0 in the 1st quarter. Fourth and 1. An undersized Duke takes on 2 guys to get the yard. The two long runs were just icing on the cake. If you don't think Duke is special, you're not a Canes' fan.

[video=youtube;466iWlwcIDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=466iWlwcIDA[/video]

We can't forget the man that's been allowing Duke to run for all those yards too. He saying next stop is the ACC championship this year.

478.jpg

Advertisement
Back