Raising Canes: 2012 preparation begins

That thread has changed so much over the past few years its crazy. I think Alex would agree.

Thing is the fact that there have been zero posts in the Grassy thread since we defected shows just how dependent the thread was on the same core group of guys. New blood (even JCanes) is always appreciated.

Advertisement
"The University of Miami Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence" - I just couldnt help but think of:

[video=youtube_share;7ffj8SHrbk0]http://youtu.be/7ffj8SHrbk0[/video]

I always appreciate these little glimpses. You never want to draw too much from a 6 minute video but there's some good and not so good.

I wonder why Seantrel was doing DB pullovers? Hopefully he isn't/hasn't had complications or any little setbacks. I cant for the life of me figure why else he would be doing them unless he was somewhat restricted.

Good to see them boys doing the front squats. I like it. Squats looked like **** though.

Unfortunately the best workout in the video was being done by Swasey. I would hope he is passing that stuff around.

Not only that, but it was a very low weight. 50lbs? I do more than that and I only weight 170 and am by no means would I consider myself strong.

I always appreciate these little glimpses. You never want to draw too much from a 6 minute video but there's some good and not so good.

I wonder why Seantrel was doing DB pullovers? Hopefully he isn't/hasn't had complications or any little setbacks. I cant for the life of me figure why else he would be doing them unless he was somewhat restricted.

Good to see them boys doing the front squats. I like it. Squats looked like **** though.

Unfortunately the best workout in the video was being done by Swasey. I would hope he is passing that stuff around.

Not only that, but it was a very low weight. 50lbs? I do more than that and I only weight 170 and am by no means would I consider myself strong.

Yeah man it made me wonder. It wasnt really a criticism or anything it was just odd to see a lineman doing a lightweight pullover.

When you couple that with him never really getting to the point we hoped he would this year, it makes you wonder.

Advertisement
i mean but if seantrel is cleared to lift weights then why wouldn't he be able to go hard in their?

break it down for me Hall

i mean but if seantrel is cleared to lift weights then why wouldn't he be able to go hard in their?

break it down for me Hall

What I mean is that a pullover isnt really an exercise you see being utilized for football. I've seen it used in rehab for back injuries because its a low stress exercise.

As I said though I am trying not to jump to conclusions, it just struck me as odd. Big man has always had me worried since messing that back up though. It's like a calf injury or a hammie, sometimes those things just won't heal.

Could also be a flexibility or range of motion thing for him, not everything in the weight room is necessarily for pure strength.

Advertisement
Could also be a flexibility or range of motion thing for him, not everything in the weight room is necessarily for pure strength.

Yeah could be. I dont want to get caught making too big a deal out of a tiny thing. If it was anyone besides Henderson I wouldnt even have noticed.

I remember when I was in high school, for our offseason workout program we tracked our progress from beginning to when we tested out. I hope our guys are tracking their improvement and Swasey is tracking this stuff so they know who's working hard and improving to those who are slacking and need a swift kick in the ***.

Advertisement
I think its good Swasey can do the same lifts he asks his players to do. Nothing ****ed me off more than some ****** coach telling me how I should be lifting.

Regarding Seantrel, he's never been that strong. Didn't he come to Miami only benching like 185 or something? I remember reading something when he committed to USC that he hadn't lifted weights in high school. Even still, you would expect someone his size to be much stronger. Although bench isn't really indicative of pure strength for some folks.

Advertisement
Back