Rafael Kirby

Advertisement
I love Kirby's upside and like Alex said, he is physically a beast. I suppose I may be a little concerned if our other LBs weren't playing lights out.

Guys like Grace and Kirby have bright futures and the fact that we don't have to rely on both of them is refreshing.

It would appear the Kelvin Cain has overtaken Kirby as the backup to Gaines at MLB.

It would appear the Kelvin Cain has overtaken Kirby as the backup to Gaines at MLB.

Really? I wasnt looking for cain on Saturday but I don't remember seeing him get any snaps. I know kirby was in on a few. I'm planning on rewatching though

Really? I wasnt looking for cain on Saturday but I don't remember seeing him get any snaps. I know kirby was in on a few. I'm planning on rewatching though

I wasn't really looking for him either and don't remember his name being called but I know he was out there on the final play of the game for sure. On the false start, he tackled Driskell in the end zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcdKSz7n_Y

1 hour 18 min mark

Advertisement

I saw Cain playing DE a couple of times, at the end of the game most noticeably. Maybe ST's as well?

Cain was in the game at linebacker when we stopped them on 4th and 1. At one point we had Cornelius, Cain, Figs out there at LB. I really don't remember seeing Kirby out there on defense.

Cain was in the game at linebacker when we stopped them on 4th and 1. At one point we had Cornelius, Cain, Figs out there at LB. I really don't remember seeing Kirby out there on defense.

So maybe Cain rose up the depth chart because of his versatility? Also the veterans seem to be getting a lot of reps with this revamped defensive playbook we are using.

Either way, it's all positive if you ask me.

Gonna have to wait until next year to play a major role. Gaines is a leader and a general out there. Perryman is obviously locked in. And Armbrister, Cornelius and Figs play a different position I think.

This is why people need to go to games. I had great seats for fau so I got to see our linebackers up close. From a physical standpoint it's obvious why the guys who play get to play.

Take armbrister for example. I always thought he was some little runt...dude is probably our biggest linebacker along with perryman. The guy has some serious size.

Advertisement

So maybe Cain rose up the depth chart because of his versatility? Also the veterans seem to be getting a lot of reps with this revamped defensive playbook we are using.

Either way, it's all positive if you ask me.

I remember seeing Cain making some plays in some the practice videos in short yardage situations. Is it possible Cain's the MLB in that short yardage package with Renfrow, Pierre, Porter, ect?

Cain played a lot he is a backup inside linebacker. Our trio of inside linebackers is gaines, perryman, cain. If you didnt notice cain you werent looking. He actually played a little on the outside also but mainly inside.

It would appear that the coaches place a premium on experience which is not that surprising when you consider the difference a year is making for a lot of these guys.

Perryman will go pro after this year. I figure Armbrister, Figatron, Kirby, Grace with Blue in support role and the frosh coming in next year.

Advertisement
Think we'll see him get in the rotation in the next few weeks. He got some burn against FAU but UF is really hard mentally for LBs and I think they wanted Cain in there as a thumper inside.

Shout out to kCain for logging major minutes this past weekend.

Cain got burn Saturday , inside Lb and De on some pass downs. He played pretty **** good too.

Advertisement
ya if u didnt see Cain i fdont know what to tell u...dude was in some from like the 1st quartr. I know he earned starting Mike in short yardage stuff from camp....but he was in the base defense some...which is god as it gives guys a breather and theres isnt much of a drop...Cain is like Leon Williams size now..dude is swole.

**** i actually like seeing Cornelius out there also....dude is loggin major minutes and is solid in covg...made a **** of a tfl on the option also....

One thing i think or KNOW we need to substitute is my dawg Shayon out there covering the flats.....goo dlord i'd rather just bring in Cain for that role alone. Dont think Kirby saw the field other than specials.

ya if u didnt see Cain i fdont know what to tell u...dude was in some from like the 1st quartr. I know he earned starting Mike in short yardage stuff from camp....but he was in the base defense some...which is god as it gives guys a breather and theres isnt much of a drop...Cain is like Leon Williams size now..dude is swole.

**** i actually like seeing Cornelius out there also....dude is loggin major minutes and is solid in covg...made a **** of a tfl on the option also....

One thing i think or KNOW we need to substitute is my dawg Shayon out there covering the flats.....goo dlord i'd rather just bring in Cain for that role alone. Dont think Kirby saw the field other than specials.

I'm sure the Cornelius play you're talking about is the one where he played the qb and the rb on the option? Great play by #31, that's probably a huge play if he doesn't make that stop.

I wasn't really looking for him either and don't remember his name being called but I know he was out there on the final play of the game for sure. On the false start, he tackled Driskell in the end zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcdKSz7n_Y

1 hour 18 min mark

Thanks. Love perryman doing the gator chomp right after the final whistle In the bottom left

Advertisement
Back