Rafael Kirby

Advertisement
I think DP is gone.

Well be ok. I got Fig and Kirby as the ILB in the 3-4 next year and Grace as the WLB in the 4-3 and also one of the nickel backers.

Perryman might be gone simply because staying another year is not gonna improve his stock.

The only knock against him is his height. Well he's not gonna get any taller by staying an extra year. He's ready for the NFL in every other measureable.

He's not just behind gaines he appears to be fourth inside behind gaines, perryman, and cain who also played inside a reasonable amount this game. He should get some burn in the less high stakes games so that perryman gets time off. A gaines or perryman injury would really hurt the team because cain is a step slow relative to them.

Advertisement
I would love to see DP stick around but that is very unlikely! Kirby did some a lil burn in the Gata game but I think we will see a whole lot more of him and the second and third strings for Sav St. and USF. If the coaches have the same mentality they had for the FAU game...they are going to want to get lots of players in for game experience. If our 1st has to come back on the field after the second half in either game...we have some serious issues going on! Both should be big blow outs. Especially the one in two weeks. 66-3 thumping Troy St put on them was crazy.

Perryman may stay if he's projected later than the 2nd round. Keep developing before he goes pro and gets his degree. Hopefully he learns from the mistakes guys made the past couple years.

Is he injured? Figured he would get a lot of pt this yr. I know he is a soph or possible shirt frosh

I think the defensive coaches, coached a perfect game.
Honestly, when your offense does nothing for more than half the game, and you still win, there's. reason.
We made mistakes on defense, particularly on driskell's td run, but the coaches used only players they felt they could trust with their lives,
And those players delivered.

I agree, but I think the one TD pass there were only 10 men on field--that is on coaches. Also the blocked punt was on Al not being ready for that. Looked at that way, 14 of the gator's points came from coaching mistakes. I'll take two coaching mistakes against what they have done with this team. The gator reminded me of Randy teams--repeated penalties, wasted timeout and horrible clock management in the end. So, even with the two mistakes our staff seriously out coached the gator.

Gaines is playing like a late draft pick right now. He's very very good

And people killed me for saying Gaines would start and be very good this season. I had him as Golden SR year specials like McGee and Jacory.. Fact is Gaines is young as **** for his class as a 20 year old sr turning 21 this month. Kid should of been RS in 2010 or 2011...

Advertisement
Is DP likely to go pro? Hope not

If he plays like he did against UF for the rest of the year he will be long gone. That is fine because that was tremendous play we will get.

There is talent behind him, remember guys like Figs, Blue and Kirby are not starting right now. Then there are guys coming in in 2014.

2014 LBs

Armbrister (Rd-Jr) [all of the sudden people are excited he is here]
Kirby (Jr.)
Blue (Rd-So.)
Figueroa (So.)
Grace (So.)
McCord (Jr.)
Owens (Fr.)
Young (Fr.)
McCray (Fr.)

Last edited:
Gaines grew up on the field... kirby pushed him to be the starter... he was always undersized to me by playing at 230lbs he is 240lbs but should be 250lbs but I cool with it... AG wants bigger and stronger Lbs... and I love what he is doing with the players... kirby will be the starter next year... blue will be his backup... blue just has to wait it out kirby has 2 years left after this season and blue has 3 so he can end up being the starter and s great player in 2016... believe it or not I like upperclassmen as starters... As you can see... AG played his mist experienced guys this week. I think DP stays tho... and for some reason I think ryan Williams will be the starter next year... I think he will be AG QB senior project... ie J12, McGee, gaines, green, etc...

Luckily, even though Perryman is likely to bounce and feed his kid, I think Grace is going to be a unique player here.

Luckily, even though Perryman is likely to bounce and feed his kid, I think Grace is going to be a unique player here.

Do you think he starts next year? I think there may be better players in front of him.

OLB: Armbrister
MLB: Kirby
OLB: Figs

Advertisement

Do you think he starts next year? I think there may be better players in front of him.

I think you'll see a battle like this year's LB competition. "Starter" might not mean the same anymore. When we go 5 DBs and 2 LBs, I think Grace works himself to be our guy in the Nickel.

Gaines is the QB of the defense. Hard to take him off the field.

I'm hopeful for Kirby though. Physically, the dude looks the part.

these next few weeks the younger dudes will see more reps in practice and we will see what they can do in the game.. if they produce they will start getting more reps.. the guys that get reps now are situational guys on the D

i truly expect to see alot of burns, dortch, kirby, grace, and edwards in second half of savangh st.

Advertisement
also i have to admit that corniellius and armbrister are really playing way above what most of us thought their capacity was... gotta give barrow some credit there

Is DP likely to go pro? Hope not

If he plays like he did against UF for the rest of the year he will be long gone. That is fine because that was tremendous play we will get.

There is talent behind him, remember guys like Figs, Blue and Kirby are not starting right now. Then there are guys coming in in 2014.

2014 LBs

Armbrister (Rd-Jr) [all of the sudden people are excited he is here]
Kirby (Jr.)
Blue (Rd-So.)
Figueroa (So.)
Grace (So.)
McCord (So.)
Owens (Fr.)
Young (Fr.)
McCray (Fr.)

McCord is a JR next year

I would like to make a point addition to what everyone has said about getting our younger players more reps. The schedule this season is exactly the way it should be for a team that can compete for championships. Like we all expect us to do. These kids get reps game one, experience a huge win game two, learn from tape for a bye week, and then get a half of PT for week 4. Now that's how you acclimate youth into a program. Now their bodies are a little more conditioned to the college program and school load. No rush at all and plenty of time for trial and error. This season, in so many ways, is big for the future growth of our program.

I think you'll see a battle like this year's LB competition. "Starter" might not mean the same anymore. When we go 5 DBs and 2 LBs, I think Grace works himself to be our guy in the Nickel.

I define starter as the person who plays the majority of minutes at the position. To start is to play the first play of the game, irrelevant.

Advertisement
Back