Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

Advertisement
7 years is a long time… I see the rationale here and logic but it’s just not how these things work.
Actually they can and do. But you make a strong and fair point on 7 years. I was just kinda rounding up to 70 for Rad. Maybe 5-ish?

For me, a Rad and GT or AH combo would be fantastic gets. Could really put our Canes on a strong 15 year path.

Yes, but you obviously never met Dr. W. Ivan Hoy, Professor Emeritus of Religious Studies at the University of Miami. That guy had Nosferatu teeth and fingernails, and he would get out of his coffin twice a year to blackball women and minorities from getting into various UM honor societies.

And he is long since dead (stake to the heart?), so don't sue me.
Sounds like he changed his name from Dr. Acula

Advertisement
I think you are severely underestimating the challenge that is the Georgia Tech job. For one, there are zero nonsense, liberal arts majors or really classes. In state, they are well less than second fiddle to Georgia and in the Atlanta area, Auburn, Bama, Tennessee, and a few others have more presence. Collins tried to do a whole rebrand of GT and is a good coach, and he is struggling.
It is a challenge, but not impossible. They did win a natty in 1990. Georgia's been waiting since 1980.

Collins is having a hard time trying to reconfigure the team, which is part of the problem with running an archaic offense for nearly 15 years. You have a $hitload of running backs that you don't need anymore and need to bring in more receivers, which would take 2-3 years to work itself out.

It is a challenge, but not impossible. They did win a natty in 1990. Georgia's been waiting since 1980.

Collins is having a hard time trying to reconfigure the team, which is part of the problem with running an archaic offense for nearly 15 years. You have a $hitload of running backs that you don't need anymore and need to bring in more receivers, which would take 2-3 years to work itself out.

what exactly is the path for GT to be what you think they can be?

Advertisement
Jason Bateman Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I live in Atlanta. I understand why people say GT should succeed, but it really is a tough place to put it together for a whole host of reasons.

Advertisement
what exactly is the path for GT to be what you think they can be?
First of all, you have to make the full transition of getting the personnel used for the triple option out of their and replacing them with the personnel needed for offense in the 21st century. They should be fully there at this point since it's been 3 years since Johnson's last year.

Focus in on recruiting to get as many quality players in the Georgia area as possible and eat into Georgia's advantage there. Have funding in place to support the program and get the right coach.

Actually, GT's situation is not all that different from Miami's. Both are schools in big cities in states known as recruiting hotbeds. They have won national titles within the past 30 years and have been slightly above average since then (7, 8, 9 win seasons) for the most part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back