Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

It seems his top abilitys/strengths has been building up the department and facilities and getting money from donors and just revenues in general. Could be a long-term play at a stadium as well.
This stadium thing has to stop. Unless you think that Miami is going to spend 500 million plus on a stadium, which is most likely what it will cost to build anything in Coral Gables worth a ****, the entire "We need to build a stadium" thing is a nonstarter. Playing in some garbage soccer stadium downtown is a joke, because it is actually worse location wise than Hard Rock. Miami continues to upgrade facilities, keeps aggressively fundraising and maximizing revenue, while making good decisions in regards to staff, the wins will come and no one will give a **** that Miami plays in world class professional stadium.

I know a lot of our fans don't travel to outside facilities, but once you experience college football at these so called cathedrals of the sport, you'll realize how utterly ****** most of these stadiums truly are. Doak is a classic example of a garbage *** stadium. They blew their entire budget on the brick facade, underneath, it's high school quality. Memorial Stadium in Lincoln has you ****ing in troughs from the **** 50s. F that.

Advertisement
Name an experienced AD that meets your requirements that would have left for a lateral position?

Since it’s likely Mario then you needed someone that has experience and knows what a football infrastructure looks like and he knocks it out the park.

The consensus from fans is no more first time head coaches so if no Mario then lane so it is unlikely he would have hired an up and comer as most of the fans would’ve cried about that.

So y’all just complaining to complain. There are no perfect candidates.

You would ***** if Nick Saban came and said he wanted to do AD as well and bring in an assistant ad to help.

Mack Rhoades, at $3MM/year, would be ~doubling his salary to come here. There is your name. That man has an actual track record of hiring coaches and then leading the school to success.

Bingo. If we are paying $3MM/ year that is ~2x Mack Rhoades salary. He is the guy to get if you’re throwing around that kind of money. That guy has a track record of selecting coaches and direct impact of the on-field success.
Mack may be happy at Baylor and no amount of money was going to make him move. People forget, that some people don't care that much. Never mind the fact that Mack may be into the religion thing and may feel comfortable at Baylor. Who knows?

The school makes a decent hire, and this fanbase still whines. I get that Rad has potential issues(His loyalty to Brad Brownell is weird, and I hope he realizes that Miami basketball can be a valuable commodity with younger leadership), but this is a quantum leap in regards to an AD. Let's stop looking gift horses in the mouth.

Valid. Maybe Rad thought the Paul Johnson offense would make GT competitive, and it did, for awhile. This was also in 2007, so 14 years ago. Maybe other coaches rejected job offers. Couldn’t tell you. Rad also fired Gailey after a 7-6 season that started well. So, he didn’t take too long to make a change when he saw fit.

No AD makes home run coaching hires every time. Miami needs a serious player who can rebuild/reset the entire department. Sounds like he’ll have money and has excelled at raising funds and building things.

Georgia Tech is stuck in a weird spot and Rad saw that. GT cannot recruit at a high level, due to their academic standards and lack of support from their alumni base(They have a lot of the same challenges we do, despite them being a state school). Rad went with a coach that could maximize what they could do, by installing a system that doesn't require a ton of high end talent. The problem with Johnson is that you have to be married to that for a long, long time. GT is now paying the price for bailing on it, instead of just finding another Paul Johnson. Imagine if GT would have hired Ken N. from Navy or someone of that ilk. Maybe they wouldn't be as bad. Collins is learning that you can't recruit to GT and with UGA rolling, it looks even worse because you are a middleweight fighting a heavyweight.

Mack may be happy at Baylor and no amount of money was going to make him move. People forget, that some people don't care that much. Never mind the fact that Mack may be into the religion thing and may feel comfortable at Baylor. Who knows?

The school makes a decent hire, and this fanbase still whines. I get that Rad has potential issues(His loyalty to Brad Brownell is weird, and I hope he realizes that Miami basketball can be a valuable commodity with younger leadership), but this is a quantum leap in regards to an AD. Let's stop looking gift horses in the mouth.

I am setting the record straight. For $3MM, Mack has to at least listen. That is ~2x his salary. $3MM is an insane amount for an AD so we clearly have some serious power to choose among P5’s elite.

Don’t get be started on Dan and basketball. Please. He didn’t even hire Brad and…he is addicted to him.

My concern is that our process hasn’t changed. I wanted an AD who was competent, passionate and had autonomy.

With that autonomy they would use their knowledge and track record to select our HCs in football and basketball.

This guy doesn’t have that track record. I also would not be shocked if Dan is being forced to accept our next football HC with little say on this decision.

Yes, Dan may be a decent hire. Not that you said it but Don’t tell me you see some quality track record in picking HCs either.

Advertisement
I am setting the record straight. For $3MM, Mack has to at least listen. That is ~2x his salary. $3MM is an insane amount for an AD so we clearly have some serious power to choose among P5’s elite.

Don’t get be started on Dan and basketball. Please. He didn’t even hire Brad and…he is addicted to him.

My concern is that our process hasn’t changed. I wanted an AD who was competent, passionate and had autonomy.

With that autonomy they would use their knowledge and track record to select our HCs in football and basketball.

This guy doesn’t have that track record. I also would not be shocked if Dan is being forced to accept our next football HC with little say on this decision.

Yes, Dan may be a decent hire. Not that you said it but Don’t tell me you see some quality track record in picking HCs either.
Cool you don’t like him… your throwing out a very nice name of a dude who you don’t even know has even a shade of interest

I think at this point we just need an AD whose passionate about building a winner, beating down all revenue alleys for cash for upgrades, and has the balls to make the tough calls and tell coaches when to make moves

****, what got you so upset? Talk about the Karen on here. How about refuting my opinion with FACTS to back you up like I did? FACT - He has made one football head coaching hire in his career as an AD and it was Paul Johnson. That doesn't give you any pause? Hopefully he doesn't want to give the Army coach a shot because he's done pretty well the past few years. lol

No question that he can build facilities, raise money, and maintain an athletic department....but can he BUILD one? Does he know what to look for when hiring a football coach?

He has no quality track record in selecting HCs in football or Basketball. He didn’t hire Dabo (in fact has almost nothing to do with their staff) nor their basketball HC (and he has a weird obsession with Brad).

He can build facilities; that is proven and he has a track record. Picking coaches, almost none.

My guess is Dan isn’t going to have much say on our next football HC.

You mean when they went 11-5, 8-7-1, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, and 7-9 with a prime Aaron Rodgers? That’s supposed to entice me? You’re only mentioning him because he’s alumni. Anybody serious about a role like that would give it to Dan who’s got twice the credentials and a Super Bowl win to back it up. Now go sit in your corner.

Ding ding ding.

This stadium thing has to stop. Unless you think that Miami is going to spend 500 million plus on a stadium, which is most likely what it will cost to build anything in Coral Gables worth a ****, the entire "We need to build a stadium" thing is a nonstarter. Playing in some garbage soccer stadium downtown is a joke, because it is actually worse location wise than Hard Rock. Miami continues to upgrade facilities, keeps aggressively fundraising and maximizing revenue, while making good decisions in regards to staff, the wins will come and no one will give a **** that Miami plays in world class professional stadium.

I know a lot of our fans don't travel to outside facilities, but once you experience college football at these so called cathedrals of the sport, you'll realize how utterly ****** most of these stadiums truly are. Doak is a classic example of a garbage *** stadium. They blew their entire budget on the brick facade, underneath, it's high school quality. Memorial Stadium in Lincoln has you ****ing in troughs from the **** 50s. F that.

Have to say I think you are wrong on the stadium. Mas is going to build his stadium near the airport and he wants to partner with UM. The school will be about 6 years out from the end of the lease at Hard Rock by the time the stadium gets built. It makes more financial sense to be part owner of 50k seat stadium than leasing Hard Rock for another 20 years. Ross will probably be dead by then, what happens if the next owner isnt interested in paying for upgrades out of his pocket? We'll be stuck in another aging stadium and would have missed our window to have shared a brand new stadium as owners.

Advertisement
Out of who they were discussing? None, of course not. However, Rad is a huge name. If they are really going to put up $3M a year for the position, why not go after another P5 AD at this level who has a history of solid coaching hires. At this particular point in Miami's history, we need a guy who can identify coaching talent. I hope Rad has it. What's wrong with some critical thinking? Especially after 20 years of bad coaching hires.

Bingo

Radakovich has overseen 4 football division titles at GT during his 6 years as AD at GT. He has overseen 6 football division titles, 6 conference titles, and 2 national championships during his 10 years as AD at Clemson. Prior to GT he was a senior associate AD at LSU from 2001-2006 during the Saban era.

Who uses “division” titles as an accomplishment? They’re nothing burgers.

Dan had nothing to do with Dabo and his success. Dabo’s whole staff was even there before Dan came. Venables, Scott and Elliott were all there before Dan arrived.

Dan is the guy that can build facilities and fund raise. Dabo runs the football program and has full control.

Now this is the big question. Does he accept he is not involved in the HC search? Unless they bribed him with more money to go with the flow and accept Mario even if he has reservations about him.

Nailed it. Those are my thoughts

Also, Dan doesn’t really have a track record of picking HCs and building their staffs.

I know very little about this guy(or any other AD for that matter). So hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can tell me if this guy is actually good. I just did a quick 15 minute googling of this guy and nothing really impresses me.
At Georgia tech he hired triple option PJ for football. Who everyone on this board mocked for years.
Basketball regressed under him at GT. He made one basketball hire and that guy was fired by the next AD
Baseball regressed under him at Gt and he didn't hire anyone

At Clemson, he didn't hire Dabo and Dabo was already trending up before he even got there.
basketball regressed and he didn't actually make any hires.
Baseball regressed big time under radkovich. He only made one hire. Monte Lee and he is hated by the Clemson fans and they are all calling for his firing.

Advertisement
I know very little about this guy(or any other AD for that matter). So hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can tell me if this guy is actually good. I just did a quick 15 minute googling of this guy and nothing really impresses me.
At Georgia tech he hired triple option PJ for football. Who everyone on this board mocked for years.
Basketball regressed under him at GT. He made one basketball hire and that guy was fired by the next AD
Baseball regressed under him at Gt and he didn't hire anyone

At Clemson, he didn't hire Dabo and Dabo was already trending up before he even got there.
basketball regressed and he didn't actually make any hires.
Baseball regressed big time under radkovich. He only made one hire. Monte Lee and he is hated by the Clemson fans and they are all calling for his firing.
"I know very little about thus guy but I think he sucks based on reasons A, B and C after conducting a 15 minute Google search."

Some Miami fans dont deserve happiness when someone throws it in their face.

"I know very little about thus guy but I think he sucks based on reasons A, B and C after conducting a 15 minute Google search."

Some Miami fans dont deserve happiness when someone throws it in their face.

Did you not read the part where I said "hopefully someone more knowledge than me can tell me if he is good".

What do you want fans to do? Just assume anyone we hire is good? I am not going to spend hours upon hours vetting the guy. I spent 15 minutes googling. Nothing impressive caught my eye, in fact most of what I saw was bad. So I asked here if I was missing something.

Advertisement
no one needs to be complaining about this radakovich hire...like wtf lmao. we just hired clemson's AD...massive massive massive upgrade over the shill formerly known as flake james, and people are *****ing about it?

nope...just stop it.
I'm not complaining about him. I just wanted to know if he was a good hire or not. Obviously he is better than Blake. Anyone would be better than him. If we are spending all this money we need a home run hire.
I am not saying he is bad, just that from my quick search he didn't look good. The quick search I did was probably more than most of the guys in this thread praising him did.
For all I know, this guy was personally stealing signs and giving them to Dabo and writing up dabos playbooks. Or maybe their Bot forced him to hire Monte Lee and he was at no fault for clemson baseball team. I have no idea, but from my quick search he doesn't look great, thats why I asked for other peoples opinions. I know other people on here are very in tune about things like this. I never even heard this guys name until 30 minutes ago.

Did you not read the part where I said "hopefully someone more knowledge than me can tell me if he is good".

What do you want fans to do? Just assume anyone we hire is good? I am not going to spend hours upon hours vetting the guy. I spent 15 minutes googling. Nothing impressive caught my eye, in fact most of what I saw was bad. So I asked here if I was missing something.
He took Clemson who was lacking in facilities to arguably the best facilities in the country. The university is still a big *** construction zone. Little John Coliseum (basketball arena) was destroyed and completely rebuilt. They are still adding onto the IPF, they even have a separate IPF for womens soccer lol. One thing will be for certain under Dan, our facilities will rival the best with him at the helm.

Who uses “division” titles as an accomplishment? They’re nothing burgers.

Dan had nothing to do with Dabo and his success. Dabo’s whole staff was even there before Dan came. Venables, Scott and Elliott were all there before Dan arrived.

Dan is the guy that can build facilities and fund raise. Dabo runs the football program and has full control.

GT fans do.

GT is a small ****** school that doesn’t spend money and struggles to recruit.

They will never compete for national titles. They are a program that can only hope to be competitive in their division, and maybe once every 4 to 5 years, actually come close to winning it.

Judging them on anything else is silly. That’s their program.

Advertisement
Back