Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

I liked Mack Rhoades, too. Didn’t think he’d entertain leaving Baylor, though.

Rad supported Dabo and provided everything needed to help build a powerhouse. Money for facilities, administration, and coach staffing. Paid through the nose to keep a lot of assistants and coordinators longer than many programs. Dabo is not an X/O guru, he’s a CEO like we’d like Mario to become.

Four NC games in five seasons, 2 wins. I’d take that anyway.

Clemson isn’t a BB school like UNC or Duke, maybe their fans want to be. I don’t follow BB so what do I know?
I'm just saying Mario is the guy. We shouldn't pause everything for Him to try to get his guy. If Mario falls through, then you go that route.

However I'm fairly certain he isn't taking this job without knowing we are targeting Mario, so it really doesn't matter.

I think he's just what we need here. Cause ultimately this program needs to be changed starting at the top

Advertisement
Rad could completely suck but the optics of stealing Clemson's AD is worth every penny of the 3mill. Same thing goes for Mario. Even if they both aren't the best at their jobs, the mere appearance that both are leaving good jobs to come to Miami is worth it.
This. Totally destroys the notion that Miami isn’t serious about football when they steal the AD that has at least the top ten top five in football infrastructure and a coach from a program with almost unlimited resources.

Johnson won the ACC title in Year 2, and beat UGA in Athens. Yes, we don’t like the wishbone, but it’s G-fn-Tech.
Valid points. I just don't see hiring a guy with an offense that you know will never win a national title in this day and age. GT had won a NC in 1990 so when he hired Johnson it was only 16 years later. Georgia is a pretty hot bed for recruiting as well so I don't see it is too much different than where Miami is now. It's been 20 years since our last NC. If he hired the Army HC, this place would go ape$hit and deservedly so.

Radakovich has overseen 4 football division titles at GT during his 6 years as AD at GT. He has overseen 6 football division titles, 6 conference titles, and 2 national championships during his 10 years as AD at Clemson. Prior to GT he was a senior associate AD at LSU from 2001-2006 during the Saban era.

Advertisement
We know Rad is on his way to Miami because Zo wouldn't have basically congratulated him on Twitter if Rad didn't get the position. Zo was a candidate for the AD position, and Miami must have told Zo that they were going with Rad, hence Zo's public acknowledgment of Rad getting the position.
I really don't get why anyone thinks So would have been a good AD. I doubt he is being considered at all for anything that isn't exclusively football related.

Now this is the big question. Does he accept he is not involved in the HC search? Unless they bribed him with more money to go with the flow and accept Mario even if he has reservations about him.
Are you all this clueless and don’t realize of course he weighted in already? Do you all need it spelled out in crayon?
Make It Rain Crayon GIF by NineLineApparel

Advertisement
Fairly certain that if it's true there were multiple AD candidates from power 5 schools and a firm vetted them all only to choose him he's bringing something to the table.

Rad could completely suck but the optics of stealing Clemson's AD is worth every penny of the 3mill. Same thing goes for Mario. Even if they both aren't the best at their jobs, the mere appearance that both are leaving good jobs to come to Miami is worth it.
His hires haven’t been great but he’s taken there football program and Athletic facilities to another level.

Out of who they were discussing? None, of course not. However, Rad is a huge name. If they are really going to put up $3M a year for the position, why not go after another P5 AD at this level who has a history of solid coaching hires. At this particular point in Miami's history, we need a guy who can identify coaching talent. I hope Rad has it. What's wrong with some critical thinking? Especially after 20 years of bad coaching hires.
post less. My critical thinking of your crap

Advertisement
Advertisement
Valid points. I just don't see hiring a guy with an offense that you know will never win a national title in this day and age. GT had won a NC in 1990 so when he hired Johnson it was only 16 years later. Georgia is a pretty hot bed for recruiting as well so I don't see it is too much different than where Miami is now. It's been 20 years since our last NC. If he hired the Army HC, this place would go ape$hit and deservedly so.
Valid. Maybe Rad thought the Paul Johnson offense would make GT competitive, and it did, for awhile. This was also in 2007, so 14 years ago. Maybe other coaches rejected job offers. Couldn’t tell you. Rad also fired Gailey after a 7-6 season that started well. So, he didn’t take too long to make a change when he saw fit.

No AD makes home run coaching hires every time. Miami needs a serious player who can rebuild/reset the entire department. Sounds like he’ll have money and has excelled at raising funds and building things.

Advertisement
Back