Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

Advertisement
No question that he can build facilities, raise money, and maintain an athletic department....but can he BUILD one? Does he know what to look for when hiring a football coach?
How do you expect us to be able to answer that? Maybe he should have fired Dabo between one of the CFP appearances to prove to you he can hire good coaches

He is the head of one of the better ADs in the country, one that generates a ridiculous amount of money and has sustained excellence. IF he comes, we did good

Advertisement
You mean when they went 11-5, 8-7-1, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, and 7-9 with a prime Aaron Rodgers? That’s supposed to entice me? You’re only mentioning him because he’s alumni. Anybody serious about a role like that would give it to Dan who’s got twice the credentials and a Super Bowl win to back it up. Now go sit in your corner.
Lol wtf are you talking about? You're just being ridiculous acting like Alonzo Highsmith is what is making the Packers, Seahawks, or Browns win or lose games. But if you think he just stumbled into being VP of personnel in NFL organizations you're trippin. Regardless I'm talking Dan as AD and Alonzo just being hired to assist the football program, So i really don't know what the argument is. This has nothing at all to do with Alonzo as AD or future or AD - that is dumb

****, what got you so upset? Talk about the Karen on here. How about refuting my opinion with FACTS to back you up like I did? FACT - He has made one football head coaching hire in his career as an AD and it was Paul Johnson. That doesn't give you any pause? Hopefully he doesn't want to give the Army coach a shot because he's done pretty well the past few years. lol

No question that he can build facilities, raise money, and maintain an athletic department....but can he BUILD one? Does he know what to look for when hiring a football coach?
Johnson won the ACC title in Year 2, and beat UGA in Athens. Yes, we don’t like the wishbone, but it’s G-fn-Tech.

Advertisement
Yeah he's done really well at running Clemson's Athletic Department it looks like. But ultimately he didn't hire Dabo AND most Clemson fans are very disappointed he kept extending their basketball coach...

Just saying I don't think this dude is like Baylors AD where he has made great hire after great hire...

Mario is the guy we are gunning for regardless the AD. If he says no then obviously AD should be heavily involved in decision
I liked Mack Rhoades, too. Didn’t think he’d entertain leaving Baylor, though.

Rad supported Dabo and provided everything needed to help build a powerhouse. Money for facilities, administration, and coach staffing. Paid through the nose to keep a lot of assistants and coordinators longer than many programs. Dabo is not an X/O guru, he’s a CEO like we’d like Mario to become.

Four NC games in five seasons, 2 wins. I’d take that any day.

Clemson isn’t a BB school like UNC or Duke, maybe their fans want to be. I don’t follow BB so what do I know?

Last edited:
How do you expect us to be able to answer that? Maybe he should have fired Dabo between one of the CFP appearances to prove to you he can hire good coaches

He is the head of one of the better ADs in the country, one that generates a ridiculous amount of money and has sustained excellence. IF he comes, we did good
Look, he is light years better than Blake. There is no doubt about that. He will be a huge upgrade.

However, the most important thing he is going to do here is make this head coaching hire. One of the things most of us were looking for in an AD was a history of making good HC hires. Does Rad have that? IMO, no. It's not his fault that Dabo was already there. He was brought into a great situation. I'm just pointing out Miami is not Clemson. He's not walking into a situation like he had at Clemson.

My point is, if Miami will be paying $3M a year for the position which I understand is right at the top in all of college sports, why not go after the AD at Baylor or similar AD who has a strong history of coaching hires? Maybe they have?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look, he is light years better than Blake. There is no doubt about that. He will be a huge upgrade.

However, the most important thing he is going to do here is make this head coaching hire. One of the things most of us were looking for in an AD was a history of making good HC hires. Does Rad have that? IMO, no. It's not his fault that Dabo was already there. He was brought into a great situation. I'm just pointing out Miami is not Clemson. He's not walking into a situation like he had at Clemson.

My point is, if Miami will be paying $3M a year for the position which I understand is right at the top in all of college sports, why not go after the AD at Baylor or similar AD who has a strong history of coaching hires? Maybe they have?
The same money paying for Rad will pay for Mario. He's being hired to build infrastructure, less about hiring the coach. Miami won't turn down the money and backing pulled together to fund Mario

Out of who they were discussing? None, of course not. However, Rad is a huge name. If they are really going to put up $3M a year for the position, why not go after another P5 AD at this level who has a history of solid coaching hires. At this particular point in Miami's history, we need a guy who can identify coaching talent. I hope Rad has it. What's wrong with some critical thinking? Especially after 20 years of bad coaching hires.
Name an experienced AD that meets your requirements that would have left for a lateral position?

Since it’s likely Mario then you needed someone that has experience and knows what a football infrastructure looks like and he knocks it out the park.

The consensus from fans is no more first time head coaches so if no Mario then lane so it is unlikely he would have hired an up and comer as most of the fans would’ve cried about that.

So y’all just complaining to complain. There are no perfect candidates.

You would ***** if Nick Saban came and said he wanted to do AD as well and bring in an assistant ad to help.

Rad could completely suck but the optics of stealing Clemson's AD is worth every penny of the 3mill. Same thing goes for Mario. Even if they both aren't the best at their jobs, the mere appearance that both are leaving good jobs to come to Miami is worth it.

Advertisement
Back