Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

Screenshot_20211204-001035_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy. I don’t want his *** anywhere near there. The Seahawks are terrible and so are the browns. You essentially want to hire him as an overpaid recruiting director. That’s hilarious.
And the Packers...you know the place he was at longer than the Seahawks and Browns combined? Lol

And maybe you're not looking at it from the perspective that being overpaid or not is irrelevant. This isn't a salary cap situation. This is a situation where a booster is saying he will put up the money for Alonzo. Either you take it or you don't. Is he going to be a positive or negative? I'd say a big positive..

Advertisement
Not sure Rad was some phenom at hiring coaches at GTech or Clemson. We are already all in on Mario.
The last decent HC at GT was Bobby Ross. And he was okay, nothing great.

Rad didn’t hire Dabo, true, but Rad has been the AD growing the Clemson brand since 2012. At GT he fired Chan Gailey and hired Paul Johnson, yes the wishbone, but Johnson won an ACC championship in his second year. Johnson beat UGA in Athens. It’s GT for Christ’s sake.

Advertisement
I don’t even know how to respond. He’s a legit P5 AD that’s highly regarded, but you go ahead and judge him. I don’t care. We just went out and got somebody that’s a real deal guy. If you want to nitpick him like a Karen, go ahead. Looks like we’re getting ready to sit at the big boy table. I’ll enjoy that, instead of trying to be message board hero so you can say I told you so later or some shlt like that
****, what got you so upset? Talk about the Karen on here. How about refuting my opinion with FACTS to back you up like I did? FACT - He has made one football head coaching hire in his career as an AD and it was Paul Johnson. That doesn't give you any pause? Hopefully he doesn't want to give the Army coach a shot because he's done pretty well the past few years. lol

No question that he can build facilities, raise money, and maintain an athletic department....but can he BUILD one? Does he know what to look for when hiring a football coach?

****, what got you so upset? Talk about the Karen on here. How about refuting my opinion with FACTS to back you up like I did? FACT - He has made one football head coaching hire in his career as an AD and it was Paul Johnson. That doesn't give you any pause? Hopefully he doesn't want to give the Army coach a shot because he's done pretty well the past few years. lol

No question that he can build facilities, raise money, and maintain an athletic department....but can he BUILD one? Does he know what to look for when hiring a football coach?

Oh I’m not upset. You’re the one the screaming all up and down on here about his supposedly spotty record. I don’t care, if you want to be that guy, be that guy. I just don’t have the energy to refute your silliness.

Advertisement
And the Packers...you know the place he was at longer than the Seahawks and Browns combined? Lol

And maybe you're not looking at it from the perspective that being overpaid or not is irrelevant. This isn't a salary cap situation. This is a situation where a booster is saying he will put up the money for Alonzo. Either you take it or you don't. Is he going to be a positive or negative? I'd say a big positive..
You mean when they went 11-5, 8-7-1, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, and 7-9 with a prime Aaron Rodgers? That’s supposed to entice me? You’re only mentioning him because he’s alumni. Anybody serious about a role like that would give it to Dan who’s got twice the credentials and a Super Bowl win to back it up. Now go sit in your corner.

The last decent HC at GT was Bobby Ross. And he was okay, nothing great.

Rad didn’t hire Dabo, true, but Rad has been the AD growing the Clemson brand since 2012. At GT he fired Chan Gailey and hired Paul Johnson, yes the wishbone, but Johnson won an ACC championship in his second year. Johnson beat UGA in Athens. It’s GT for Christ’s sake.
Yeah he's done really well at running Clemson's Athletic Department it looks like. But ultimately he didn't hire Dabo AND most Clemson fans are very disappointed he kept extending their basketball coach...

Just saying I don't think this dude is like Baylors AD where he has made great hire after great hire...

Mario is the guy we are gunning for regardless the AD. If he says no then obviously AD should be heavily involved in decision

It’s really not difficult to comprehend. Out of all the reported options give me a better one?

Heck most didn’t even think we could get a major program AD…at best it was the assistant AD.

Football is a priority and he knows what the appropriate resources are needed in todays college football.
Out of who they were discussing? None, of course not. However, Rad is a huge name. If they are really going to put up $3M a year for the position, why not go after another P5 AD at this level who has a history of solid coaching hires. At this particular point in Miami's history, we need a guy who can identify coaching talent. I hope Rad has it. What's wrong with some critical thinking? Especially after 20 years of bad coaching hires.

Advertisement
Back