Quote from Thomas Brown Re: Offensive Leadership

Typically a QB fills that role however, not every person is built with verbal leadership qualities. Some dudes never have it. Others, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, have it and used it to push other players around them. Eli Manning has never had it and has 2 super bowl rings. Brad Kaaya is just not that outspoken dude everybody wants him to be. He will never get in someone's face and yell at them when they do something wrong. Doesn't mean he can't and won't succeed. The coaches need to push him to be more vocal.

Advertisement
Why is this staff's quotes turning into Al Golden part two?

When did Golden ever ask his players to be leaders?

BC all I remember is him telling them not to Make big plays and to be cheeseburgers

And that's what's on the field now a load of cheeseburger upperclassmen

Typically a QB fills that role however, not every person is built with verbal leadership qualities. Some dudes never have it. Others, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, have it and used it to push other players around them. Eli Manning has never had it and has 2 super bowl rings. Brad Kaaya is just not that outspoken dude everybody wants him to be. He will never get in someone's face and yell at them when they do something wrong. Doesn't mean he can't and won't succeed. The coaches need to push him to be more vocal.

The only guy I see with the potential to lead this O is Ahmmon Richards. Articulate ,smart dude with enough talent that his teammates will listen. Kaaya will not be that person

kaaya is here for a reason - he is not that good. Al recruit a top QB in the nation, yeah right. Anyone can have great stats with Duke Johnson in the backfield.

They not feeling, Brad. At all.

I just think they are surprised and quite frankly disappointed that he doesnt have more command of the team overall. That his voice isnt revered.

But what do they expect? He hasnt beaten a legit team. He has a losing record overall as a starter or **** near close to it. He hasnt beaten FSU. He hasnt won a bowl game. He has had NUMEROUS chances over a 3 year period to lead us to victory on game winning drives and hasnt done it. In his mind he might be thinking, "Why would my voice mean anything? What have I done for these guys to want to follow me into the foxhole?"....Not saying this should be his thinking but if it is...Not sure I blame him.

All that said, Kaaya HAS to be more mentally tough if we are going to avoid a 6-6, 5-7, 4-8 record. He has to find some mojo deep down inside and lead this team vocally and by his play. It isnt out of the realm of possibility that we win out and win the bowl game, end the year 9-4 and go into next year with lots of momentum..

I think this is what TB is alluding to as he sees alot of these players starting to mentally check out and get down on themselves with the "Oh No, Not again. Same ****, different staff" type attitude.

Advertisement
Sad to hear this horseshyt already from the coaches. This "no leadership" trash is an easy out they like to feed the dopey fans when things go South.

Where was this when we were 4-0? Same guys on the offense. He was interviewed plenty of times. Nothing.

He should try leading a little himself. He sure as **** isn't doing anything that's helping us move the ball or score points. Where's his leadership when Rix keeps spraying ***** on his legs during games?

All this ****ing about coaches when he was stating the obvious? A blind man can see there's no leadership on offense and it's been posted here weeks ago. Why all the kerfuffle over the truth?

'truth spoke..gotta give the world true quotes' -Beanie

It's interesting to see that those who want to blame everything on Kaaya protect the coaches and vice versa. Some of us are saying it cuts both ways. Plenty of blame to share here.

I think the point I and others tried to make is that, yes, Kaaya has been a big problem, but the coaches have, too. So, listening to a coach who's part of an offensive staff that, by some of their previous admissions and any objective standard, has underperformed this year, just throw a player or players under the bus without mentioning themselves in the same breath may be...

...weak leadership itself. And, ironic.

The only guy I see with the potential to lead this O is Ahmmon Richards. Articulate ,smart dude with enough talent that his teammates will listen. Kaaya will not be that person

You rarely see leadership from a WR. This was my biggest thing with where to play Deejay Dallas. I'd play him at safety where leadership traits thrive. Would hate to see that go to waste at WR, where trying to be a leader often makes you look like a diva or whatever they call the Dez Bryant and other vocal WRs.

Yeah, turns out you have to make plays to be a leader. No point in asking dudes who don't produce to get on other guys, why would they listen?

No point in asking dudes who don't produce to get on other guys, why would they listen?

Conversely, they don't listen to guys who's playcalling/position coaching isn't working.

Asking somebody to do something that's not working over & over & over again is a big morale killer.

Advertisement
No offense, Mr. Brown, but this **** cuts both ways.

We lack some assistant coach leadership as well, I think. Because when we basically didn't throw a pass between the hashes against an FSU team weak up the middle for 3 quarters, perhaps someone should have made a stronger argument. Maybe we could have adjusted and won.

It's obvious we have player problems. No one is denying that. Unless he followed up this quote with some personal accountability, I think it's an easy way out.

No it doesnt cut both ways, Thomas Brown has coached elite players and knows what hes talking about. Brad Kaaya is the qb and an upperclassmen lets get serious if he was half as good as this board made him out to be we would be a 1 loss team regardless of anything else we wanna harp about.

Kaaya has already admitted before that he would shut down and turn into a little ***** if someone yelled at him smh dude is our biggest issue by far on offense and the coaches can see it as clear as day.
Thomas Brown is an expert on QBs or offensive coordinating? Please tell me more about Coach Brown's experience. Perhaps I'll learn something.

He is an expert compared to everyone on this board. Hes "only" one of the best rb coaches in cfb and has been exposed enough to know what it takes on all levels to have a good football team. You must think he has less credibility to criticize Brad Kaaya than you do to critize him?

Kaaya
Coley
Yearby
Berrios
Lewis
Herndon
Isidora
McDermott
Darling
Linder

All upperclassmen who have played a ton. All pussies apparently.

Sideshow Brad Kaayak has been a disaster since he took his first snap at UM.

Total clown show.

Advertisement
Yes that is some **** fine work by me. Sometimes you just have to sit back and admire your own handiwork.

Can we hire Ray Lewis as a full time vocalist to light a fire under these kids asses

Thomas Brown hit da nail on da head.

Well I disagree to a point...leaders are developed. If a new coaching staff has been put in place then it is their responsibility to set the conditions for leaders to lead. This staph clearly hasn't done that. Sounds very disingenuous and a lame excuse.

Last edited:
Advertisement

We lack some assistant coach leadership as well, I think. Because when we basically didn't throw a pass between the hashes against an FSU team weak up the middle for 3 quarters, perhaps someone should have made a stronger argument. Maybe we could have adjusted and won.

It's obvious we have player problems. No one is denying that. Unless he followed up this quote with some personal accountability, I think it's an easy way out.

No it doesnt cut both ways, Thomas Brown has coached elite players and knows what hes talking about. Brad Kaaya is the qb and an upperclassmen lets get serious if he was half as good as this board made him out to be we would be a 1 loss team regardless of anything else we wanna harp about.

Kaaya has already admitted before that he would shut down and turn into a little ***** if someone yelled at him smh dude is our biggest issue by far on offense and the coaches can see it as clear as day.
Thomas Brown is an expert on QBs or offensive coordinating? Please tell me more about Coach Brown's experience. Perhaps I'll learn something.

He is an expert compared to everyone on this board. Hes "only" one of the best rb coaches in cfb and has been exposed enough to know what it takes on all levels to have a good football team. You must think he has less credibility to criticize Brad Kaaya than you do to critize him?

Ha. Now I see where we are in this cycle. The familiar "he's more of an expert than you, so you can't question anything or discuss observations." Well, there's a high probability Brad Kaaya is more of an expert at playing high level QB than you are, and you go up and down this board criticizing him.

Terrible logic on your part re: criticism. I think anyone has a right to discuss and share what they see. I'm sure you're aware this is a football message board. I didn't comment on his "right to criticize." I commented on the irony of his criticism without owning at least a portion of the accountability himself.

Thomas Brown hit da nail on da head.

Well I disagree to a point...leaders are developed. If a new coaching staff has been put in place then it is their responsibility to set the conditions for leaders to lead. This staph clearly hasn't done that.

Leaders are developed to a point but you have to already have it in you. There is no magic formula to make someone a leader. Brad has always been who he is. If he hasn't shown it by now there is nothing anyone can do it to get it out of him.

Ha. Now I see where we are in this cycle. The familiar "he's more of an expert than you, so you can't question anything or discuss observations." Well, there's a high probability Brad Kaaya is more of an expert at playing high level QB than you are, and you go up and down this board criticizing him.

Terrible logic on your part re: criticism. I think anyone has a right to discuss and share what they see. I'm sure you're aware this is a football message board. I didn't comment on his "right to criticize." I commented on the irony of his criticism without owning at least a portion of the accountability himself.

my logic is terrible? youre the one that made your original post challenging and trying to discredit his coaching in an immediate objection against his opinion....

Then when I make a response you reply with the "he's just a rb coach what does he know bs"?? Which tells me where you really stand... that youre dug in on defending Kaaya while taking shots at this coaching staff. Coach Richt challenged Kaaya's lack of leadership, you jump to Kaayas defense by throwing this coaching staff under the bus, Thomas Brown does the same thing, and you react the same way.

In terms of that weak comparison to my criticism of Brad kaaya... Brad Kaaya is more of an expert than me at the QB position, but he is still garbage that we can see on the field. Completely different than youre ridiculous attempts at trying to discredit everyone on this coaching staffs opinions if they are critical of Brad Kaaya in anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back