Quote from Thomas Brown Re: Offensive Leadership

sid the kid

Recruit
Courtesy of Matt Porter:

Another noteworthy comment from Brown after Tuesday’s practice:

“Any great team I’ve been around is player driven. … In my opinion we lack some leadership on offense some times. There’s some guys who are lead-by-example guys, but there’s no commanding voice consistently. I think we need more of that.”

What a shame considering we have a 3rd year starting QB.....

Advertisement
That's pretty big indictment of Kaaya...

Because, that's exactly who he's talking about.

No offense, Mr. Brown, but this **** cuts both ways.

We lack some assistant coach leadership as well, I think. Because when we basically didn't throw a pass between the hashes against an FSU team weak up the middle for 3 quarters, perhaps someone should have made a stronger argument. Maybe we could have adjusted and won.

It's obvious we have player problems. No one is denying that. Unless he followed up this quote with some personal accountability, I think it's an easy way out.

I don't want to hear a word from Brown when Walton is the feature back over Yearby.

We lack some assistant coach leadership as well, I think. Because when we basically didn't throw a pass between the hashes against an FSU team weak up the middle for 3 quarters, perhaps someone should have made a stronger argument. Maybe we could have adjusted and won.

It's obvious we have player problems. No one is denying that. Unless he followed up this quote with some personal accountability, I think it's an easy way out.
I agree with you, but I think a lot of that has to do with how much input he has on playcalling.

I don't think he has enough pull with Richt to call any plays, I certainly hope that's not the case, but I don't think Brown has any say so with what happens on the field except maybe which Backs get substituted in game.

I could be wrong, but seems to me like Richt is pretty much running this offense by himself & calling games as he "sees" it on the field.

Which is just another example as to why Richt would be better off for the future if he hires an OC at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Richt's specialty is offense and his offense sucks *******.

CoRches throwing players under the bus is something that is done to deflect from their own deficiencies.

richt doesnt have confidence in kaaya imo. listen to him on joe rose. he mentioned a list of things kaaya struggling with that are all mental

I find it hard to believe that Richt is the lone voice in the offense. He is calling plays but I can't imagine Thomas Brown is just a position coach with an OC title. My assumption is Richt is grooming Brown, coaching him but its a cooperative effort. They have misfired this year but they are caught in the middle of installing an offense to run for years while also trying to find wrinkles to try and help these kids win games this year. Its really hard to do much of anything when you can't even be decent in the trenches though.

Advertisement
richt doesnt have confidence in kaaya imo. listen to him on joe rose. he mentioned a list of things kaaya struggling with that are all mental

He's holding the ball too long. The OP can't block. DTs are literally using Linder as a weapon. They're just throwing him at whoever has the ball.

And Brown is dead on correct. It's past time for someone on offense to stop being a fcking cheeseburger.

So put Rosier in and see if he becomes a leader.

He's holding the ball too long. The OP can't block. DTs are literally using Linder as a weapon. They're just throwing him at whoever has the ball.

And Brown is dead on correct. It's past time for someone on offense to stop being a fcking cheeseburger.

So put Rosier in and see if he becomes a leader.

Is the OP McDoormat?

Advertisement

I agree with you, but I think a lot of that has to do with how much input he has on playcalling.

I don't think he has enough pull with Richt to call any plays, I certainly hope that's not the case, but I don't think Brown has any say so with what happens on the field except maybe which Backs get substituted in game.

I could be wrong, but seems to me like Richt is pretty much running this offense by himself & calling games as he "sees" it on the field.

Which is just another example as to why Richt would be better off for the future if he hires an OC at the end of the season.

Then Richt is blind in one eye, and can't see out the other.

Advertisement
This is one of the things that has bothered me about Kaaya this year. How are you not leading this Offense and being that vocal leader. Someone has to step up if he won't.

Advertisement
Back