Quincy Wilson

he had one of the best highlights on that jr camp day in the All american armour day!
big,physical and fluid in my books.
plus, it appears as if he wants to be here u know. offer dam it.

Advertisement
Quincy is a cornerback and not offering him is only going to make him want to play the recruiting game when he probably would've been a solid commit that we wouldnt have to worry about next year.

I really dont see too many cornerbacks in the entire country that I would take over him b/c his athleticism and upside is ridiculous.

He's going to be a safety, I have no doubts.

No idea why he doesn't have an offer or didn't 6 months ago.

I think people are overrating Quincy and he is a safety

You gotta understand most people were not too happy with Ray Lewis III getting offered because he is a legacy, but Quincy Wilson getting passed over so far. Kid has balled out at camps. Not saying he is a slam dunk prospect, just saying people are especially frustrated because of the legacy part.

Advertisement
Quincy is a cornerback and not offering him is only going to make him want to play the recruiting game when he probably would've been a solid commit that we wouldnt have to worry about next year.

I really dont see too many cornerbacks in the entire country that I would take over him b/c his athleticism and upside is ridiculous.

He is obviously as big as a safety but i think he plays the cornerback position better, at least from what i have seen. It would be good to have someone as physical as he is at cornerback but i really dont care what he plays as long as he is on the team.

It's obvious the Head coach at University doesnt like how his players have been "ignored" by Golden's staff which i agree with from the outside looking in. He should already know if a guy like Quincy Wilson is going to get an offer from the hometown school by now, imo.

I sort of think he is underrated especially when you compare the hype Alex Collins was getting on this site. From what i have seen on Quincy Wilson i think he definitely is a 5 star type of DB.

What does a RB from last recruiting cycle have anything to do with a DB from this one? You're not even comparing the same position.

You gotta understand most people were not too happy with Ray Lewis III getting offered because he is a legacy, but Quincy Wilson getting passed over so far. Kid has balled out at camps. Not saying he is a slam dunk prospect, just saying people are especially frustrated because of the legacy part.

I didnt even think about the legacy part. I dont think Ray Lewis the III is a Miami scholarship type player but you have to give him one because of his father. Quincy is a good football player but the staff might be able to find someone better. What would **** me off (if I was a Miami fan) is if Golden offers him in the spring or summer. You know what Quincy is right now so they should either offer him now or never send him the offer.

He is obviously as big as a safety but i think he plays the cornerback position better, at least from what i have seen. It would be good to have someone as physical as he is at cornerback but i really dont care what he plays as long as he is on the team.

It's obvious the Head coach at University doesnt like how his players have been "ignored" by Golden's staff which i agree with from the outside looking in. He should already know if a guy like Quincy Wilson is going to get an offer from the hometown school by now, imo.

I sort of think he is underrated especially when you compare the hype Alex Collins was getting on this site. From what i have seen on Quincy Wilson i think he definitely is a 5 star type of DB.
he is not a 5 star prospect he is not Artie Burns good

Advertisement
Like it or not, the staff does their own evaluations and they trust them.

I don't know what the deal is with Quincy but reading Chad's twitter, he doesn't seem too happy with the U either. I know he and Genron were complaining about Cunningham not getting more attention. Here is his post when a Miami fan asked if his son was going to get an offer:

Maybe, maybe not. His mind is on the 27 other schools that thinks he can play for them. #justbeingreal

Chad was also a d1ck publicly over the Skai Moore thing. Maybe they don't feel like dealing with him.

Big difference in the level of "legacy" you're talking about there. I think Andy Atrio's son might be treated a little differently as a legacy than Santana Moss's.

I dont see how you could know that, he is 6'2" and runs in the 4.4 range and he looked like one of the best DBs at the UA combine.

I actually think Quincy looks better at cornerback then Artie Burns does. I think Artie is more natural at safety but Quincy looks like a lock down cornerback.

besides you dont have to be as good as Artie Burns to be 5 star caliber, especially if Artie is as good as ppl say.

We have to be the only program in the country where the majority of our local high school players and coaches seem to just outright ******* hate the university. They're always *****ing about something.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I didnt even think about the legacy part. I dont think Ray Lewis the III is a Miami scholarship type player but you have to give him one because of his father. Quincy is a good football player but the staff might be able to find someone better. What would **** me off (if I was a Miami fan) is if Golden offers him in the spring or summer. You know what Quincy is right now so they should either offer him now or never send him the offer.

If Quincy really wants to attend UM, then getting an offer a year before he graduates HS should NOT be a problem. If he's looking for a reason to be another overly dramatic S. FL diva, then that would be an issue. Bottom line: If he wants to go to UM and hasn't committed elsewhere, then it doesn't matter if we offered him straight out of the womb or at some time prior to or during his senior season of HS.

Dudes get too caught up in the diva ****. I can almost guarantee you the way this is playing out that if he got a UM offer right now he wouldn't jump on it. He'd play the whole "I'm glad to get the offer, but I'm still weighing my options" routine.

I dont see how you could know that, he is 6'2" and runs in the 4.4 range and he looked like one of the best DBs at the UA combine.

I actually think Quincy looks better at cornerback then Artie Burns does. I think Artie is more natural at safety but Quincy looks like a lock down cornerback.

besides you dont have to be as good as Artie Burns to be 5 star caliber, especially if Artie is as good as ppl say.

Quincy is not a corner he will end up at safety although he might be able to slide to nickle . People like Artie are 5 star good Quincy is a few notches below.

If Quincy really wants to attend UM, then getting an offer a year before he graduates HS should NOT be a problem. If he's looking for a reason to be another overly dramatic S. FL diva, then that would be an issue. Bottom line: If he wants to go to UM and hasn't committed elsewhere, then it doesn't matter if we offered him straight out of the womb or at some time prior to or during his senior season of HS.

Dudes get too caught up in the diva ****. I can almost guarantee you the way this is playing out that if he got a UM offer right now he wouldn't jump on it. He'd play the whole "I'm glad to get the offer, but I'm still weighing my options" routine.
I think some of you UM fans are looking at it wrong. Right now while other teams are talking to Quincy and building a relationship UM is ignoring him. Just because the kid grew up a UM fan doesn't mean he needs to commit to Golden when he offers. The staff cant just assume kids are going to jump because they have a connection to the program they need to put in the work. Watch this interview from a few months ago he says he has had no real contact with UM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4scltKbmUw

Advertisement
Like it or not, the staff does their own evaluations and they trust them.

I don't know what the deal is with Quincy but reading Chad's twitter, he doesn't seem too happy with the U either. I know he and Genron were complaining about Cunningham not getting more attention. Here is his post when a Miami fan asked if his son was going to get an offer:

Maybe, maybe not. His mind is on the 27 other schools that thinks he can play for them. #justbeingreal

Chad was also a d1ck publicly over the Skai Moore thing. Maybe they don't feel like dealing with him.

Yeah, and he ended up being right....

What does a RB from last recruiting cycle have anything to do with a DB from this one? You're not even comparing the same position.

Is that a serious question?

I'm talking legacies.

I don't give a **** either way but the gator guy asked.

I think some of you UM fans are looking at it wrong. Right now while other teams are talking to Quincy and building a relationship UM is ignoring him. Just because the kid grew up a UM fan doesn't mean he needs to commit to Golden when he offers. The staff cant just assume kids are going to jump because they have a connection to the program they need to put in the work. Watch this interview from a few months ago he says he has had no real contact with UM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4scltKbmUw

I think some fans are looking at it the wrong way as well. Its not a forgone conclusion he will ever get an offer. It took us missing on Thomas for a late offer to Skai Moore to be given out. They weren't fans of Bain. They appeared to be Coley or bust. Cunningham wasn't getting a firm offer. From what I can tell Scarlett is and will continue to get the full court press. He appears to be the exception and not the norm when it comes University School kids and Miami.

Just saying if we are supposed to be OK with legacies like Highsmith and Lewis (which I am fine with) then why not a kid who is actually pretty **** good?

You're telling me there's no other south Florida player over the last few years you would rather see on the roster than AJ Highsmith right now?

Advertisement
Back