Quincy Wilson

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Does anyone have any Idea why this kid still does not have an offer? Big, physical athletic corner that could grow into a stud safety or even an OLB....it's starting to worry me that we aren't on this kid yet.

Advertisement
He's a corner or a safety and he will be the first to tell you he's not playing OLB. Must be because staff has a couple ahead of him on their board. I bet he gets offer this summer

Dude definitely seems to play with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder. Has quite a few characteristics in his game that i feel Golden likes in his recruits. Big, Physical, good instincts, out to prove something, not afraid of competition. He'll get an offer.

i agree, we will have space for him this year. Kid is a UM legacy, has size, plays physical and seems to have a legit work ethic which Golden loves

Not getting the offer isn't the problem, it's waiting so late to offer him, we should have been offered

Advertisement
one of these junior days he will get his offer, i think they want to evaluate him, lets not forget we have a pretty nasty secondary to begin with

Just guessing here, but Golden seems to like handing out offers to kids who go to his camps. Maybe he's waiting to see him out at a camp (and likely the kid knows this?).

I think that Golden is not just waiting for the camp but to me also to see ow he will handle all the big time wr's in this class just so he knows that he's by far the best db i actually like it because it may really push Quincy even mre

Advertisement
Just guessing here, but Golden seems to like handing out offers to kids who go to his camps. Maybe he's waiting to see him out at a camp (and likely the kid knows this?).

It makes sense, Golden wants kid who loves the U and gives everything for it. If a kid doesn't show up at one of his camp, he probably doesn't give a **** about UM, especially a kid from Fort Lauderdale.

Advertisement
The whole "he'll get an offer" confuses me. If that's the case then just offer. You are just alienating the kid... Has 28 other offers right now.

Advertisement
Pretty sure Al knows who he is, and pretty sure he has a legit reason for not offering him yet. I trust his knowledge of the intimacies of this situation more than ours. There could be some questions about his speed. I know his dad was very slow-footed for a CB. Not saying he's a carbon copy of his dad, but his speed might be a concern.

Or maybe it's something that the fans aren't aware of but the parties involved are aware of. I know the fans were crying about us not showing Stacy Coley enough love early enough. That one worked out well.

At the end of the day, I'm glad our guy isn't a catalog shopper who jumps just because other programs are jumping.

Quincy is a cornerback and not offering him is only going to make him want to play the recruiting game when he probably would've been a solid commit that we wouldnt have to worry about next year.

I really dont see too many cornerbacks in the entire country that I would take over him b/c his athleticism and upside is ridiculous.

Like it or not, the staff does their own evaluations and they trust them.

I don't know what the deal is with Quincy but reading Chad's twitter, he doesn't seem too happy with the U either. I know he and Genron were complaining about Cunningham not getting more attention. Here is his post when a Miami fan asked if his son was going to get an offer:

Maybe, maybe not. His mind is on the 27 other schools that thinks he can play for them. #justbeingreal

Advertisement
Back