Quincy Wilson

I think some fans are looking at it the wrong way as well. Its not a forgone conclusion he will ever get an offer. It took us missing on Thomas for a late offer to Skai Moore to be given out. They weren't fans of Bain. They appeared to be Coley or bust. Cunningham wasn't getting a firm offer. From what I can tell Scarlett is and will continue to get the full court press. He appears to be the exception and not the norm when it comes University School kids and Miami.

Quincy might not get an offer but the staff should be in contact with him. It is way to early in the cycle to not be in constant communication with a local kid this talented.

Advertisement
I think some fans are looking at it the wrong way as well. Its not a forgone conclusion he will ever get an offer. It took us missing on Thomas for a late offer to Skai Moore to be given out. They weren't fans of Bain. They appeared to be Coley or bust. Cunningham wasn't getting a firm offer. From what I can tell Scarlett is and will continue to get the full court press. He appears to be the exception and not the norm when it comes University School kids and Miami.

Quincy might not get an offer but the staff should be in contact with him. It is way to early in the cycle to not be in constant communication with a local kid this talented.

I normally dont give two ***** about what these teenagers tweet and regurgitate since they are barely capable of coming up with coherent thoughts at that age, but Wilson has expressed a lot of disappointment with us as far as not contacting him. It's not huge thing and it's only one side of the story, but I really don't like it.

Pretty sure Al knows who he is, and pretty sure he has a legit reason for not offering him yet. I trust his knowledge of the intimacies of this situation more than ours. There could be some questions about his speed. I know his dad was very slow-footed for a CB. Not saying he's a carbon copy of his dad, but his speed might be a concern.

Or maybe it's something that the fans aren't aware of but the parties involved are aware of. I know the fans were crying about us not showing Stacy Coley enough love early enough. That one worked out well.

At the end of the day, I'm glad our guy isn't a catalog shopper who jumps just because other programs are jumping.

I think you are wrong, the fans know more. Sorry agree to disagree. The kid is a junior and most kids get offered over the spring and summer. Also, Al is a big fan of offering at the camps...maybe he just has to camp too.

We're stacked now at DB, we have to be selective.

I normally dont give two ****s about what these teenagers tweet and regurgitate since they are barely capable of coming up with coherent thoughts at that age, but Wilson has expressed a lot of disappointment with us as far as not contacting him. It's not huge thing and it's only one side of the story, but I really don't like it.

There is not much of a story. They know who he is. They're just not all that impressed at this point.

I think people are overrating Quincy and he is a safety

You gotta understand most people were not too happy with Ray Lewis III getting offered because he is a legacy, but Quincy Wilson getting passed over so far. Kid has balled out at camps. Not saying he is a slam dunk prospect, just saying people are especially frustrated because of the legacy part.

I didnt even think about the legacy part. I dont think Ray Lewis the III is a Miami scholarship type player but you have to give him one because of his father. Quincy is a good football player but the staff might be able to find someone better. What would **** me off (if I was a Miami fan) is if Golden offers him in the spring or summer. You know what Quincy is right now so they should either offer him now or never send him the offer.

If Quincy really wants to attend UM, then getting an offer a year before he graduates HS should NOT be a problem. If he's looking for a reason to be another overly dramatic S. FL diva, then that would be an issue. Bottom line: If he wants to go to UM and hasn't committed elsewhere, then it doesn't matter if we offered him straight out of the womb or at some time prior to or during his senior season of HS.

Dudes get too caught up in the diva ****. I can almost guarantee you the way this is playing out that if he got a UM offer right now he wouldn't jump on it. He'd play the whole "I'm glad to get the offer, but I'm still weighing my options" routine.
I think some of you UM fans are looking at it wrong. Right now while other teams are talking to Quincy and building a relationship UM is ignoring him. Just because the kid grew up a UM fan doesn't mean he needs to commit to Golden when he offers. The staff cant just assume kids are going to jump because they have a connection to the program they need to put in the work. Watch this interview from a few months ago he says he has had no real contact with UM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4scltKbmUw

If he's not going to commit when he gets the offer, then who cares. If Al is interested, then I'm sure he's not ignoring him thinking he'll automatically jump on board if UM offers. He might not think he's as good as you think he is. Or there might be something else at play here. UM wasn't sucking Stacy Coley's d1ck every day either. When we decided we were ready to put the full-court press on we did. Being a UM fan and wanting to play for UM he eventually committed.

If Quincy wants to stay home and play for his dad's alma mater, and if we start recruiting him and offer him far ahead enough of signing day where his feelings don't get hurt, then he should accept the offer. Otherwise, he didn't really want to be here in the first place. I'm not one who subscribes to the theory that you have to suck a kid out before anyone else does in order to get his signature. We've had several cases where we were first and recruited the guy the hardest (****** Collins comes to mind), and someone else has come in later and won out.

If the dude wants to be here, and UM wants him here, then he'll come. If he doesn't or we don't, then he won't. I'm not going to sweat the fact that he didn't get offered when the doctor pulled him out of his mom's snatch.

Advertisement
Like it or not, the staff does their own evaluations and they trust them.

I don't know what the deal is with Quincy but reading Chad's twitter, he doesn't seem too happy with the U either. I know he and Genron were complaining about Cunningham not getting more attention. Here is his post when a Miami fan asked if his son was going to get an offer:

Maybe, maybe not. His mind is on the 27 other schools that thinks he can play for them. #justbeingreal

Chad was also a d1ck publicly over the Skai Moore thing. Maybe they don't feel like dealing with him.

Yeah, and he ended up being right....

In his mind, I'm sure he was right.

Chad Wilson wasn't very good at UM. He came to Miami when Long Beach State dropped their program. Long Beach State sucked big time.

Pretty sure Al knows who he is, and pretty sure he has a legit reason for not offering him yet. I trust his knowledge of the intimacies of this situation more than ours. There could be some questions about his speed. I know his dad was very slow-footed for a CB. Not saying he's a carbon copy of his dad, but his speed might be a concern.

Or maybe it's something that the fans aren't aware of but the parties involved are aware of. I know the fans were crying about us not showing Stacy Coley enough love early enough. That one worked out well.

At the end of the day, I'm glad our guy isn't a catalog shopper who jumps just because other programs are jumping.

I think you are wrong, the fans know more. Sorry agree to disagree. The kid is a junior and most kids get offered over the spring and summer. Also, Al is a big fan of offering at the camps...maybe he just has to camp too.

We're stacked now at DB, we have to be selective.

NO we are not stacked at DB....

Miami is still going to need more depth at safety and cornerback. When the 2014 class comes in Gunter, Howard, Crawford, Bush, and Ray. Jenkins will be upperclassmen.

Miami needs at least 3 or 4 cornerbacks next class and 2 more safeties IMO and Quincy Wilson deserves one of those offers. Al Golden doesnt need to let the Skai Moore debacle happen twice.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You gotta understand most people were not too happy with Ray Lewis III getting offered because he is a legacy, but Quincy Wilson getting passed over so far. Kid has balled out at camps. Not saying he is a slam dunk prospect, just saying people are especially frustrated because of the legacy part.

Big difference in the level of "legacy" you're talking about there. I think Andy Atrio's son might be treated a little differently as a legacy than Santana Moss's.

Andy Atrio FTW!!

Big difference in the level of "legacy" you're talking about there. I think Andy Atrio's son might be treated a little differently as a legacy than Santana Moss's.

Andy Atrio FTW!!

The Eagle.

Advertisement
Back