Quincy Roche notes

Bucs fan as well. I haven't liked Winston since day one, but I don't see how the Bucs do anything other than franchise him. I guess we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, e.g. is Winston demanding a long-term deal. But the Bucs hold all the cards with the franchise tag option still available. Rivers is very turnover prone too, and clearly at the end of of his career. He wouldn't be worse than Winston with that, but that would be a confusing move to me. Bucs need to decide if they're going to keep building with the team they have or just tear is down and rebuild. Winston is who is has always been and there's no reason to expect he's going to all of the sudden cut his turnovers in half and become the QB Winston fans see every time they watch him.

I didn't want Winston but I've grown to appreciate him the last year and a half. He's not the problem but it's clear that there is a gulf between his camp and the Bucs management wrt contract value. That's why they are pumping out these negative rumors...trying to create internal leverage.

Tear down would be absolutely insane. This team is loaded with talent but has underachieved for years. All those close losses come on the margins with special teams and turnover margin.

Advertisement
Ppl thought Trevon Hill was going to be some dominant force when he got here and his last season was forgettable...

It’s cool that Quincy Roche is coming to Miami bc he’s definitely an upgrade over Patchan but I don’t see what all the extra excitement is about, he’s a DE we have great DEs already.
We have 1 great DE and he had 13 sacks, he is better than Hill and the stats prove it.

Advertisement
Back